Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over in San Francisco IRIS ACE has now arrived alongside Pier 80.
Her destination remains unknown but is likely to be Taiwan or possibly even S Korea.

This is by no remains meant to sound rude as it will come across on the emotionless internet, it's a genuine question

What is the relevance of ships leaving San Fran and heading those countries to us?

Do they sometimes go there, then Shanghai?

So my EDD has reappeared and increased from 2 week window to a 5 week window, mid May to end of June. Considering Shanghai hasn’t reopened maybe my car is already built and waiting to be shipped
It has reopened production has not started but expected tomorrow

Although as you say maybe they're built. Now will he the time to pay attention to the ships!

So my EDD has reappeared and increased from 2 week window to a 5 week window, mid May to end of June. Considering Shanghai hasn’t reopened maybe my car is already built and waiting to be shipped?
Considering the photos of loads of cars sat outside the Shanghai factory today then that could be likely. We should be watching out for any ships this week and next.

Reactions: frasax
This is by no remains meant to sound rude as it will come across on the emotionless internet, it's a genuine question

What is the relevance of ships leaving San Fran and heading those countries to us?

Do they sometimes go there, then Shanghai?
I just report Tesla shipping movements, hence the catchy title of the thread. Some folk make decisions based on the shipping info. They recognise this thread as being a very reliable source of accurate information.
You might decide that your car is not on those ships, whilst others may calculate pretty accurately the number of cars Tesla will deliver in Q2 based on the total number of ships and make a financial decision based on that. When will Tesla start exporting S/X? The first clues may come by monitoring Pier 80.

I just report Tesla shipping movements, hence the catchy title of the thread. Some folk make decisions based on the shipping info. They recognise this thread as being a very reliable source of accurate information.
You might decide that your car is not on those ships, whilst others may calculate pretty accurately the number of cars Tesla will deliver in Q2 based on the total number of ships and make a financial decision based on that. When will Tesla start exporting S/X? The first clues may come by monitoring Pier 80.
Cool. Are the S/X only made in US?

The news of the Shanghai GF spluttering back to life tomorrow is good news but very dependant on the number of personnel it can accommodate and feed. If we assume the best and a normal output of 2000 cars per day we are looking at a maximum output of 1715 cars per day under the new shift system. This of course assumes that all the personnel are able to turn up, raw materials can be supplied on time, in the correct quantities and that the cars can be transported off site, and that there are no 'hotel' issues. It sounds great in theory but it may turn out to be more trouble than its worth, especially if the output is destined to the West where concerns about labour conditions will inevitably arise.

Reactions: Chocochip
The news of the Shanghai GF spluttering back to life tomorrow is good news but very dependant on the number of personnel it can accommodate and feed. If we assume the best and a normal output of 2000 cars per day we are looking at a maximum output of 1715 cars per day under the new shift system. This of course assumes that all the personnel are able to turn up, raw materials can be supplied on time, in the correct quantities and that the cars can be transported off site, and that there are no 'hotel' issues. It sounds great in theory but it may turn out to be more trouble than its worth, especially if the output is destined to the West where concerns about labour conditions will inevitably arise.
I read somewhere today, they have 2 weeks worth of materials and then they would run into supply issues

With that said, a lot can happen in 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.