Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine, Spirit and Clipper are of interest?
I’m no expert but pretty sure @Mr Miserable said that scheduled services were unlikely to be relevant. Also, doesn’t the schedule have the port dates in the wrong order anyway if you’re waiting for a car in the uk?

Be patient and let Mr M do his stuff in due course…

This time next week things should get interesting. Tesla have just updated my account to suggest a late May EDD hasn't been written off. To accommodate that, something should be bubbling next week, or the week after if they like the wire!

It finally feels like the prospect of light at the end of the tunnel is a more than a mere rumor. Can't see the light yet, but, the air is getting fresher!

This time next week things should get interesting. Tesla have just updated my account to suggest a late May EDD hasn't been written off. To accommodate that, something should be bubbling next week, or the week after if they like the wire!

It finally feels like the prospect of light at the end of the tunnel is a more than a mere rumor. Can't see the light yet, but, the air is getting fresher!
Same, I have May 30-June 25 in my account

Reactions: Snowy77
Guys these are good news

Also, Tesla might ramp up their production in the USA and ship from USA to UK and EU while the Giga Shanghai is "offline"?
Unlikely - there are already v. v. long wait lists for cars in the USA, why use extra capacity for the UK when its such a pain to switch the line for RHD.

If anything, UK orders will be pushed to the back of the line to keep deliveries high this quarter. Personally I think the Wall Street pressure is ruining Tesla as a brand...

Reactions: Jonte73
Unlikely - there are already v. v. long wait lists for cars in the USA, why use extra capacity for the UK when its such a pain to switch the line for RHD.

If anything, UK orders will be pushed to the back of the line to keep deliveries high this quarter. Personally I think the Wall Street pressure is ruining Tesla as a brand...
They will send out the UK and Europe deliveries first then switch back to domestic. They will maximise the amount of cars they can deliver in this quarter. Any other order will reduce the number of cars delivered so it’s not happening.

Reactions: Snowy77
Never gonna happen that US will send cars to Europe at this point…
US is not going to send cars to Europe. The supply from Shanghai will do Europe first which they have a 4-5 week window right now to ensure ships arrive and cars are in customer hands before end of June, then closer markets like Australia they have a 6-7 week window, Japan etc. an 8-9 week window then domestic a 10 week window. They will go in that order to maximise the output for this quarter.

US is not going to send cars to Europe. The supply from Shanghai will do Europe first which they have a 4-5 week window right now to ensure ships arrive and cars are in customer hands before end of June, then closer markets like Australia they have a 6-7 week window, Japan etc. an 8-9 week window then domestic a 10 week window. They will go in that order to maximise the output for this quarter.
If for no other reason ( and there are lots) they don't have the RHD parts. MY RHD have never even been built in any factory other than Shanghai so the lines in the US will not even be configured to build RHD cars

148de58257d31dda7b2f3823b1c7f381.png

Some potential HOEGH liners

HOEGH SHANGHAI must be worth taking notice of, as an arrival date of June 12 gives 18 days to get deliveries done, June 22nd would be cutting it fine, but wouldn't be surprised if both HS and TRAVELLER were used?

View attachment 795344

Some potential HOEGH liners

HOEGH SHANGHAI must be worth taking notice of, as an arrival date of June 12 gives 18 days to get deliveries done, June 22nd would be cutting it fine, but wouldn't be surprised if both HS and TRAVELLER were used?
Interested what rabbit Tesla pulls out of the hat to make claim to the multitude of deliberately quoted May EDDs... If so, there's got to be something leaving before the 29th, technically something should be loitering from next week if May is possible.. unless Elon is going air cargo for us 😂

Interested what rabbit Tesla pulls out of the hat to make claim to the multitude of deliberately quoted May EDDs... If so, there's got to be something leaving before the 29th, technically something should be loitering from next week if May is possible.. unless Elon is going air cargo for us 😂
To have any chance at all it would need to be loading and leaving this week, chances are slim to none i'd say :(

Status
Not open for further replies.