Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just be aware that Tesla has a history of shipping incomplete cars!
If some bits don't turn up in time for the production run, the rest of the car is built and shipped with the idea that a Tesla Service Centre in the destination country will fit the missing items after delivery.
I'm pretty sure it happened with the wireless charging tray last year amongst other things.
So yes it's nice that there may be some production going on and there is hope that some cars may get shipped to the UK this quarter but....
What!!! We’re customers advised of this by Tesla, or did they have to work out for themselves what bits were missing?

What!!! We’re customers advised of this by Tesla, or did they have to work out for themselves what bits were missing?
I had a family member who received their M3LR in December with this being the case. USB C ports and charging pads were yet to be installed. Was notified of this by the delivery driver on drop off. Service centre team came out to their place of work and installed in less than 10mins.

Reactions: Moorman
Question for @Mr Miserable …. Do the Tesla ships usually dock at Hangzhou Bay or the port to the north of the city, near Gaodong? Or somewhere else?
Both.
Haitong has two berths for RoRo's and is the principle vehicle import/export port in Shanghai. This is normally incredibly busy with up to 4 ships per day. Delays to dock here can run to over a week and so Tesla also use Hangzhou Bay aka Luchao or Shanghai South. There was a plan for Tesla to develop this facility but it seems those plans have been shelved. The narrow channel has however been dredged and large RoRos can now use it. Loading times are a lot slower than at Haitong with ships taking about 48hrs to load here however it is much closer to the GF and there aren't the delays. Last quarter photos emerged of Tesla using the bulk of the car holding areas for this port and we saw a total of 11 Tesla ships use this facility. It's use is not exclusive to Tesla however and we have already seen two non-Tesla vessels use the facility this month.

Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 22.18.39.png

Last edited:
Both.
Haitong has two berths for RoRo's and is the principle vehicle import/export port in Shanghai. This is normally incredibly busy with up to 4 ships per day. Delays to dock here can run to over a week and so Tesla also use Hangzhou Bay aka Luchao or Shanghai South. There was a plan for Tesla to develop this facility but it seems those plans have been shelved. The narrow channel has however been dredged and large RoRos can now use it. Loading times are a lot slower than at Haitong with ships taking about 48hrs to load here however it is much closer to the GF and there aren't the delays. Last quarter photos emerged of Tesla using the bulk of the car holding areas for this port and we saw a total of 11 Tesla ships use this facility. It's use is not exclusive to Tesla however.

View attachment 795885
Didn’t realise Haitong was that far away from GF3. Logistics of moving cars, each of which has to be driven from the factory, parked, loaded onto transporter, unloaded and parked at the docks and then driven onto the ship is quite incredible, particularly for over 4000 cars per ship. Now I also know why Tesla’s have valet mode. It’s not just for the rich at a hotel!

Noticed that THRUXTON goes to Southampton via Shanghai arriving within the window a lot of us seem to have been bumped to. Is it a likely candidate or should I just chill for a few weeks?….(i think I know the answer)
From the moment you order a Tesla you are automatically promoted to keyboard warriors/news reporters/ship spotters/…. No Chill I am afraid 😆

Didn’t realise Haitong was that far away from GF3. Logistics of moving cars, each of which has to be driven from the factory, parked, loaded onto transporter, unloaded and parked at the docks and then driven onto the ship is quite incredible, particularly for over 4000 cars per ship. Now I also know why Tesla’s have valet mode. It’s not just for the rich at a hotel!
They don’t use valet, teslas have a delivery mode

Reactions: S3XY T3SLA
MORNING CELLO arriving into Shanghai tomorrow, no idea where its headed though
She won't arrive in Shanghai tomorrow (IVORY ARROW and BALTIMORE HIGHWAY will pitch up tomorrow) and I know where she is going (S.Africa) which is probably why I haven't commented on her.
Just sit it out - I'll tell you when to get excited.

PS I know IVORY ARROW is heading to the UK and Zeebrugge but Rule 1 applies - she is not going to be carrying any Teslas.
Rule 1 = Don't get excited until I say so. Stay miserable!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.