Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s this?
Loading in Shanghai at the moment is MORNING CLARA. This ship will be heading to Australia and I expect Tesla to use her.
This is a good indication that RHD is in production at the moment.
Lurking offshore is GLOVIS COMPANION and she is now on my watch list.
I’m sure Glovis is the first ship with RHD Y’s on it for Southampton as the date would line up with my 10/02/22 delivery date.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
How do you have a delivery date? I have not managed to get confirmation from Tesla, but am expecting my M3RWD in February too.
My model y was ordered via leaseplan as it is a company car. Leaseplan sent out emails before Christmas confirming delivery dates (home delivery) to myself and a colleague of 10/02/22 and 11/02/22 (both same standard spec). We have both contacted leaseplan who have confirmed that this date came directly from Tesla; a Tesla rep at Bristol confirmed that the date is in line with what they are being told but he can’t confirm a VIN yet and that leaseplan may have landed a group of the first deliveries as he knows that they had a lot of us lined up to order.

My model y was ordered via leaseplan as it is a company car. Leaseplan sent out emails before Christmas confirming delivery dates (home delivery) to myself and a colleague of 10/02/22 and 11/02/22 (both same standard spec). We have both contacted leaseplan who have confirmed that this date came directly from Tesla; a Tesla rep at Bristol confirmed that the date is in line with what they are being told but he can’t confirm a VIN yet and that leaseplan may have landed a group of the first deliveries as he knows that they had a lot of us lined up to order.
That's really good to know. I guess it's possible my M3RWD is on the same shipment. I have been dealing with Bristol too although my lease is direct through Tesla/ALD. Might be worth chasing them to see if they can confirm also? Thanks!

Mr M, I see there are a number of vehicle carrier vessels at an anchorage off Shanghai (assuming that the positions are up to date).

In your experience is this often the case? or is it a case of preparing to ship as much as possible pre- Chinese New Year?
I see:
Goodwood
Daedalus Leader
Capricornus Leader
Hoegh Target
Hoegh Traveller
Glovis Stella
Elegant Ace
Gracious Ace

Mr M, I see there are a number of vehicle carrier vessels at an anchorage off Shanghai (assuming that the positions are up to date).

In your experience is this often the case? or is it a case of preparing to ship as much as possible pre- Chinese New Year?
I see:
Goodwood
Daedalus Leader
Capricornus Leader
Hoegh Target
Hoegh Traveller
Glovis Stella
Elegant Ace
Gracious Ace
I think that Gracious Ace is out of the running. Looks like this is elsewhere now.

This 'matching' usually happens around the time the car is loaded on to a ship.
All Model 3s for Europe are currently made in the Shanghai Gigafactory and are shipped to Zeebrugge, Belgium or Koper, Slovenia through the Suez Canal in a journey taking about 30 days. All Model 3s for the UK are currently shipped from Shanghai direct to Southampton.

Oooh, interesting thread! I've just placed my order and the website estimated March, so I guess I might make it into this batch. Just to make sure I'm understanding, the shipping time to the UK will take about 30 day + whatever time it takes to get from the port in the UK to Tesla at Cribb's Causeway? And they usually tell you a narrowed down delivery date when they've matched you with a car as it is being loaded into a ship? So am I right in thinking therefore that I'll have about a month's notice between Tesla telling me more exactly when I'm getting the car and my pickup day? Or put another way, if Tesla haven't given me a narrowed down delivery date, I know I still have at least 30 days and probably a bit more still to wait?

G
I think that Gracious Ace is out of the running. Looks like this is elsewhere now.
GRACIOUS ACE is coming from Japan, so definitely not a Tesla carrier ... :)

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-04 um 16.36.20.png

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Just for the avoidance of any speculation, I have just heard from my TA at Cribbs who has confirmed that there is definitely nothing at sea coming to the UK yet. He has said that the sailing takes between 3 and 4 weeks and that in a couple of weeks (towards the end of January) he would be prepared to provide much more clarity about shipping and delivery for February. He has also confirmed that there will be no deliveries to the UK during January. He also confirmed that any dates being issued by any leasing company are purely speculative at this stage as Tesla UK themselves do not yet know about shipping dates. Bottom line is we will have to exercise that rare gift of patience (not my strong point) for a little longer :)

Reactions: Campi
Hello everyone - new here. I've a Model Y on order in UK, and just spoken to Tesla - they told me that they'll get shipping information over the next few days and I should get an update with delivery information (I ordered the morning of Day 2) in the next 5-7 days Not sure if that is helpful..!
Interesting. Well let's see. Sounds like some TAs are more hopeful and forthcoming than others. Let's see what Mr Miserable has to say on the shipping front in the coming days.

I guess there will be no ship before mid of February .... they just start loading in Shanghai and a trip takes roundabout 28 days +/- .... happy waiting time ... :)

AND ... most of the Tesla employees have no idea (their job is to sell cars and for customers care), it will become interesting when the VIN appears in Your Tesla-account including Your final invoice. This maybe will happen when the car is to be loaded in Shanghai or when the ship will enter the Mediterranean Sea ... it is like a crude game without any fix rules, stay tuned :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.