Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be possible that they load both LHD and RHD cars onto the same ship? @Mr Miserable has that been done in the past? I assume so if previous ships have been known to dock in the UK before departing to our dear brothers and sisters in Europe but would be good to get confirmation.
I think we're all clutching at straws now 😒. I think we're fooked for this Q

I mean it's possible they produced both left and right. Turandot to Australia/NZ was loaded in Shanghai and stops in Korea first at Pyeongtaek (where they usually drop Teslas) so their orders would all be LHD. Definitely zero LHD or Model Y would be going toward us in the south. Also surely a UK shipment would only be a percentage of the total Euro shipment on Glovis Splendor? They wouldn't solely ship to the UK and ignore the rest of the European market?

Could it be possible that they load both LHD and RHD cars onto the same ship? @Mr Miserable has that been done in the past? I assume so if previous ships have been known to dock in the UK before departing to our dear brothers and sisters in Europe but would be good to get confirmation.
ignoring the reference to Slovenia which could be wrong surely the LHD cars mean nothing. The ittinery was always Southampton then Zeebrugge so surely we always expected a mix of RHD and LHD cars on that ship? no one ever said they were all UK cars did they?

ignoring the reference to Slovenia which could be wrong surely the LHD cars mean nothing. The ittinery was always Southampton then Zeebrugge so surely we always expected a mix of RHD and LHD cars on that ship? no one ever said they were all UK cars did they?
Definitely. It’s just that evidence hasn’t swung in our favour yet. Everything is a possibility until it’s been confirmed by official sources (and I think we all count Mr M as one).

The “news” about destination Slovenia and no pics so far confirming any RHD cars is what is leading to thought that this is a EU only ship.

But as I say, nothing confirmed yet and my account is still showing 23-30 June.

It's also possible (if Koper is incorrect) that the photo was taken during the initial loading stages. UK RHD would have been loaded in a different batch if logic dictates.

Reactions: QuanTim
Definitely. It’s just that evidence hasn’t swung in our favour yet. Everything is a possibility until it’s been confirmed by official sources (and I think we all count Mr M as one).

The “news” about destination Slovenia and no pics so far confirming any RHD cars is what is leading to thought that this is a EU only ship.

But as I say, nothing confirmed yet and my account is still showing 23-30 June.
Even if it is going to Koper does that automatically mean it is not going on to Southampton afterwards? genuine question. I know nothing about shipping.

Reactions: Lee Davis
Actually I think it's great news that the fact that GLOVIS SPLENDOR is heading to Koper is out now - it has saved a lot of disappointment in 3 weeks time!
Koper may not be her only destination although to be blunt the chances of her coming to Southampton are now slim.
It does mean that we may have another vessel to look forward to and of course THEBEN is in the frame for that. I do wonder however whether she may be too big for the task and whether MORNING PEACE would be more suitable/cost effective for Tesla.
Time will tell......

Status
Not open for further replies.