Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Q2 is a rightoff for the UK and Giga Shanghai ramps up to 2k cars per day after the 23rd of May, then I assume we'll be back on track with regards to supplying the backlog of UK cars?
It’s not a write off while there are ships coming and many still have narrow end of June EDDs. There will be a lot less cars but for now there still appears to be cars destined for the UK this quarter.

Has RCC Europe arrived in Shanghai? Not seeing an update since an hour ago.

Edit. It just updated. Still on her way to the port.
She seems to be on a roundabout not knowing which exit to take. 🙄
6002C522-9F27-4A3E-B774-1D4698A2FAE5.png

So if Q2 is a rightoff for the UK and Giga Shanghai ramps up to 2k cars per day after the 23rd of May, then I assume we'll be back on track with regards to supplying the backlog of UK cars?

Back on track but not catching up on clearing the backlog as demand is still high, and Europe is also being massively undershipped in Q2 so that’ll also have their own backlogs

Hmm, stating the obvs... so the outlook from all these unfortunate events is that we have an ongoing logistical challenge to fulfil a backlog of cars (highest demand I am guessing it's for the MY) to so many places which I guess will push dates even further back. Any one of us (in the UK) getting a car from the end of June/July we'll be super lucky, but the majority of us globally could be looking back end of Q3+ when Giga Shanghai should be running at a higher capacity?

I know that it is quite possible aliens can land and mess all this up. Who knows! 😅

Hmm, stating the obvs... so the outlook from all these unfortunate events is that we have an ongoing logistical challenge to fulfil a backlog of cars (highest demand I am guessing it's for the MY) to so many places which I guess will push dates even further back. Any one of us (in the UK) getting a car from the end of June/July we'll be super lucky, but the majority of us globally could be looking back end of Q3+ when Giga Shanghai should be running at a higher capacity?

I know that it is quite possible aliens can land and mess all this up. Who knows! 😅
I think your delivery predictions and mine have been very similar! Late May to Late June (I can't remember the dates), that shifted to June 4th to July 2nd, then August to September. That then dropped back to June 8th to 28th, then like yours settling in July. It seems a bit odd that we have some quite specific dates, that then become a generic "July" delivery. The fact is that a July delivery can be met with a mid June Shipping date. If they can get production back up, then it could happen. I'm just waiting for my email from the leasing company...

Reactions: guicane
I think your delivery predictions and mine have been very similar! Late May to Late June (I can't remember the dates), that shifted to June 4th to July 2nd, then August to September. That then dropped back to June 8th to 28th, then like yours settling in July. It seems a bit odd that we have some quite specific dates, that then become a generic "July" delivery. The fact is that a July delivery can be met with a mid June Shipping date. If they can get production back up, then it could happen. I'm just waiting for my email from the leasing company...
Yeah my thinking too, an EDD of July feels oddly interesting as it could potentially be met if of course the right combo cars are available, but as you have experienced it could just randomly change. 😭

Reactions: guicane
Status
Not open for further replies.