Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so curious, I on my maritime analysis thingymabob from the London Stock Exchange.. I plugged SPLENDOR in, from her current location in Malaysia, to Suez, to Koper to Bremerhaven, then to Southampton... I was seeing if any of the dates make sense.... and THEY DO. This doesn't take in to account stop at Suez, doesn't take into account stop at Koper etc etc etc, but if it sailed to port and left, she would make Southampton on 12 JUNE. The Stena GLOVIS schedule says Bremerhaven on 12th JUNE, which says to me including stops, that this schedule fits with indeed a stop first to Koper.

But has any boat ever done that before?

If so, the dream is still alive?

View attachment 805025

View attachment 805024
Very interesting!

OK so curious, I on my maritime analysis thingymabob from the London Stock Exchange.. I plugged SPLENDOR in, from her current location in Malaysia, to Suez, to Koper to Bremerhaven, then to Southampton... I was seeing if any of the dates make sense.... and THEY DO. This doesn't take in to account stop at Suez, doesn't take into account stop at Koper etc etc etc, but if it sailed to port and left, she would make Southampton on 12 JUNE. The Stena GLOVIS schedule says Bremerhaven on 12th JUNE, which says to me including stops, that this schedule fits with indeed a stop first to Koper, eventually Southampton on 16th.... It's a mightly long shot.

But has any boat ever done that before?

If so, the dream is still alive?

View attachment 805025

View attachment 805024
I doubt she has UK cars on board. I’m just posting info where she is going as we had no information as to where she was going after Koper.

If anything, It probably confirms that SPLENDOR has no UK cars on board. We shall wait for MrM.

Reactions: Snowy77
There we go, tweaked:

1 day at suez. 2 days at Koper, 2 days at Bremerhaven > Southampton on the 16th June.

1652716778752.png

1652716876250.png
1652716845938.png

So Southampton, from Koper via Bremerhaven. Who knew! Now we find out that in lieu of a new COVID outbreak in the UK GLOVIS SPLENDOR will actually be carrying loo roll and pasta instead of Tesla vehicles from the EU. lol

😁

just wondering if RHD cars are sent to Europe without further calling at Southampton, maybe it's entirely possible, no idea!

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

In the past cars have been unloaded at Zeebrugge and re-shipped to Southampton (i.e. moved to a different / smaller boat). Pretty sure that hasn't happened recently - probably for cost i.e. original solution was stop-gap, once Southampton became viable, and UK orders supported it, Southampton stop-off has been the Norm. Unload-and-reload-then-re-ship must cost a fair bit, and adds delay ... but this quarter ... could be anything I reckon!

Reactions: SDHTEZLA
Evening all, Monday 16 May Evening Update

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is now heading up the currently very calm Straits of Malacca at over 17kts. I estimate she should arrive in Koper around 02 Jun although she has yet to feature on the Koper arrivals board. As has been noted earlier she is due to depart Bremerhaven on 12 Jun for her next voyage. The obvious question is whether she has time to call at Southampton on her way from Koper to Bremerhaven. The answer is yes and no - it all depends on how long she spends in Koper and how fast she travels from Koper. Technically it's possible for her to call at Southampton around 9/10 Jun but that is certainly not me saying she will. We shall have to wait with baited breath to find out but UK EDD will be the most obvious early indication I suspect.

Glovis Splendor Leg 2.png

THEBEN is presently passing down the eastern coast of Taiwan at a stately 14kts. She is due to refuel off Singapore on Sunday. ETA Zeebrugge 14 Jun.
Theben Leg 1.png

RCC EUROPE is giving every indication that she is heading into Shanghai South and it very much looks like NHP is the UN location code for it. I suspect she will anchor up initially and wait to be called forward.
MORNING PEACE is as expected continuing to lie at anchor too. Her itinerary remains unchanged and is not due to dock until Saturday. Originally her itinerary specified Shanghai South but the latest versions suggest she will dock at the main Haitong terminal. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Who knows?

As far as other ships on the watch list is concerned, we currently have SWALLOW ACE, POLARIS LEADER, DUGONG ACE and VENUS LEADER on there.
The bulk of these will drop off once they declare their destinations after Singapore. SWALLOW ACE will stay on there a while probably at least until after she passes through Suez. I'm still looking for an itinerary for her and I can't find her appearing in the available port schedules either at the moment.

Looking at the Tesla sales figures for Europe in Q1 half were for the UK. That could indicate that half of the total Europe shipment is going to UK, so more cars than we initially thought.
58,758 cars were shipped to UK and Europe in Q1 from Shanghai. I would check your figures (and your logic)

Just to put things into perspective on how bad Q2 is for shipments to EU/UK.
We have GLOVIS SPLENDOR with 4700 cars and THEBEN with 4100 so far.
That is 8800 in total to date. We possibly have one more ship maybe 2 at best and so even if we double the figure to 17600 we are still down over 41,000 from Q1. At best. Horrific.
We had 15 ships last quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.