Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same for me, 4-18 August, m3p Sweden. Have received only a sms from Tesla that I am matched to a vehicle, and I have paid the invoice. I have had this dates the last few weeks. I don’t see the reason why the EDD remains if there is nothing arriving these dates. For sure Tesla would know by now.

Monday 01 Aug 22

Regular readers may become fatigued at the repetitive nature of my daily update but it is an attempt to thwart the repetitive questions that get asked!

Click this link to see where the Tesla ships are currently located Tesla Ship Tracker.

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. She is currently in a very hot and humid Gulf of Aden. She needs to get used to it as it only gets worse when she enters the Red Sea.

Don't forget to enter the MORNING CHORUS competition!. Click HERE to enter. It's free to enter and just a bit of fun!

GLOVIS SUMMIT I believe she is heading for Koper with 3,026 M3 and 853 MY. ETA 12 Aug. She is encountering 4m high waves at present which is hampering her progress but it will calm down once she arrives in the Gulf of Aden.

TITUS Not a Tesla charter but believed to carrying some Teslas to the UK. ETA Southampton 21 Aug. Hopefully she has left the heavy torrential rain behind now but the seas will continue to be very choppy with some large swells thrown in too for the next 5 days or so.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship! She completed her refuel off Singapore and is now making her way up the Malacca Strait enroute to Suez. She will continue to encounter frequent thunderstorms over the next 24 hours but the seas will generally remain calm.

RCC ANTWERP is currently alongside Shanghai South. A recent WuWa video showed Shanghai South to be awash with Teslas awaiting shipment and hopefully this ship will load about 4500 cars. To be honest I wasn't expecting this ship, I was expecting RCC CLASSIC to load for Barcelona but she is still in S Korea and so I wonder whether there has been a change of vessel. I know many will want this ship to be UK bound but I'm not confident that I spotted 4500 RHD waiting on the docks. She could of course head to another Chinese port or she may not be even Tesla related. I had heard a rumour that the MY production ramp up was not progressing as fast as expected and that may explain why RCC ANTWERP abandoned her planned visit to Shanghai South last week. Anyway, without doubt she is one to watch!

We've also had a couple of departures to Singapore which in the absence of a known itinerary qualify them to be added to the watch list. On the list at the moment are VOLANS LEADER, SWALLOW ACE and SARA LEADER. Most of these are likely come off the list once their destinations after Singapore become known.

Do please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.

Hi, When did you order?
I have almost the same(19's instead of 20's) ordered late March and Tesla chat told me today I have no delivery window at all.
Tesla don't build to order so just because you ordered, in say February, it doesn't mean you will get delivery ahead of someone who ordered in April - it depends on the spec of the cars produced by the factory. The factory produce what is best for them and the orders are matched to what has been loaded on to the ship.
Additionally, it's worth remembering that it's only a £100 deposit and as delivery looms large a large percentage (IMO) of 'buyers' have trouble putting their hands on £60K, or financing it and so all of a sudden your November delivery is available in 2 weeks time! Just make sure Tesla are aware you can take delivery at short notice.

Reactions: MikeyM
I wonder if there are two ships following each other, my ED is September 9th to September 30th, or maybe they'll change that.
Should RCC ANTWERP actually be UK bound I reckon she would arrive around 31 Aug which would fit.
So we need to see RCC ANTWERP depart to Singapore or Suez and a hidden VIN appear in your Tesla account next week.

Tesla don't build to order so just because you ordered, in say February, it doesn't mean you will get delivery ahead of someone who ordered in April - it depends on the spec of the cars produced by the factory. The factory produce what is best for them and the orders are matched to what has been loaded on to the ship.
Additionally, it's worth remembering that it's only a £100 deposit and as delivery looms large a large percentage (IMO) of 'buyers' have trouble putting their hands on £60K, or financing it and so all of a sudden your November delivery is available in 2 weeks time! Just make sure Tesla are aware you can take delivery at short notice.
Thanks @Mr Miserable
Unfortunately I'm in that black hole of lease customers with Zenith, so they probably know less than us on this forum. I have asked them to inform Tesla that I can take asa soon as possible, but you never know. 😃

PS. Will try to keep it to shipping, was just interested, appreciate your help as always

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Should RCC ANTWERP actually be UK bound I reckon she would arrive around 31 Aug which would fit.
So we need to see RCC ANTWERP depart to Singapore or Suez and a hidden VIN appear in your Tesla account next week.
So for those of us with EDD start Sept - 30th need to start praying that RCC Antwerp is the ship... I think if my VIN was on board a current ship it would have shown by now, so I think my 5x daily checks will now wait until we see RCC Antwerp get to Singapore..

Reactions: Gadgetman67
So for those of us with EDD start Sept - 30th need to start praying that RCC Antwerp is the ship... I think if my VIN was on board a current ship it would have shown by now, so I think my 5x daily checks will now wait until we see RCC Antwerp get to Singapore..
Those are amateur figures :p Joking, but you definitely sound just as anxious as all of us on here - just remember, we're all in the same boat (ok some of us are already overboard, some of us bolted at the last port, and some of us are skeletons in a cage in the dungeons of the ship (do ships even have dungeons?)...).

I think the UK will see a few ships carrying precious cargo on the horizon soon, and we'll all be like stranded islanders who have sacrificed to the gods more than what we care to admit and be pleasantly rewarded for said sacrifice and patience (OK these ship puns really need to stop - but does this post qualify enough to be counted as shipping related now?).

Monday 01 Aug 22

Regular readers may become fatigued at the repetitive nature of my daily update but it is an attempt to thwart the repetitive questions that get asked!

Click this link to see where the Tesla ships are currently located Tesla Ship Tracker.

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. She is currently in a very hot and humid Gulf of Aden. She needs to get used to it as it only gets worse when she enters the Red Sea.

Don't forget to enter the MORNING CHORUS competition!. Click HERE to enter. It's free to enter and just a bit of fun!

GLOVIS SUMMIT I believe she is heading for Koper with 3,026 M3 and 853 MY. ETA 12 Aug. She is encountering 4m high waves at present which is hampering her progress but it will calm down once she arrives in the Gulf of Aden.

TITUS Not a Tesla charter but believed to carrying some Teslas to the UK. ETA Southampton 21 Aug. Hopefully she has left the heavy torrential rain behind now but the seas will continue to be very choppy with some large swells thrown in too for the next 5 days or so.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship! She completed her refuel off Singapore and is now making her way up the Malacca Strait enroute to Suez. She will continue to encounter frequent thunderstorms over the next 24 hours but the seas will generally remain calm.

RCC ANTWERP is currently alongside Shanghai South. A recent WuWa video showed Shanghai South to be awash with Teslas awaiting shipment and hopefully this ship will load about 4500 cars. To be honest I wasn't expecting this ship, I was expecting RCC CLASSIC to load for Barcelona but she is still in S Korea and so I wonder whether there has been a change of vessel. I know many will want this ship to be UK bound but I'm not confident that I spotted 4500 RHD waiting on the docks. She could of course head to another Chinese port or she may not be even Tesla related. I had heard a rumour that the MY production ramp up was not progressing as fast as expected and that may explain why RCC ANTWERP abandoned her planned visit to Shanghai South last week. Anyway, without doubt she is one to watch!

We've also had a couple of departures to Singapore which in the absence of a known itinerary qualify them to be added to the watch list. On the list at the moment are VOLANS LEADER, SWALLOW ACE and SARA LEADER. Most of these are likely come off the list once their destinations after Singapore become known.

Do please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.
Despite being a new member, personally I don’t feel fatigued at all. On the contrary, admire and appreciate the effort as well as the useful info - perhaps this is the only regular & consistent info out there…Thank you!

I just got a message from my leasing company (octopus EV) saying that the delivery date for my MY RHD (May order) got pushed back by 3 months from end of September to beginning of Jan 2023. This is due to the ship carrying the Teslas from Shanghai to Southampton encountering faults and having to return to Shanghai.

While I'm still in a phase of denial, there are a few things which puzzle me about this:
- I'd have assumed that this forum thread would have discussed the faulty ship, but I couldn't find any mention of it... (maybe I missed it)
- I'm also surprised that the Tesla would have already started its sea journey given the ships we are watching right now are for August delivery
- If I'm not mistaken, it doesn't take a full 3 months to ship goods from Shanghai...

Probably all just my phase of denial, hoping the information I just got not to be correct........
This seems a very strange story. Could it be that they simply forgot to order the car?

Reactions: Toblerone
Status
Not open for further replies.