Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The current positions of the known 'Tesla' fleet is shown below:

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Southampton 03 Feb, Zeebrugge 04 Feb
HOEGH TRAVELLER ETA Zeebrugge 12 Feb
HYPERION RAY I estimate will arrive Southampton around 07 Feb and Zeebrugge 08 Feb
VIKING BRAVERY I estimate Southampton around 13 Feb and Zeebrugge on 16 Feb

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 12.47.12.png

The ships of interest are in 2 flotillas - an Indian Ocean pair and a gaggle of 5 in the China Seas. These are ships whose itineraries have not yet been determined but so far look suspiciously like they could be carrying Teslas but nothing is confirmed yet.
In my experience, most will turn out not to be carrying Teslas.

The Indian Ocean ships comprise SUNRISE ACE (ETA Zeebrugge 17 Feb) and GLOVIS CONDOR (I still have no idea where she is heading)

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 12.48.24.png

There are currently 5 ships of interest off the coast of China all heading initially to Singapore.

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 12.45.54.png

SFL COMPOSER is the latest addition - she left Shanghai South a couple of hours ago bound for Singapore (02 Feb)
The sea is a little choppy around Taiwan at the moment but otherwise the weather is fine.

The HYPERION RAY competition will close tomorrow - Enter now by clicking this link
It's free to enter and the prizes are unimaginable. A virtual treasure trove and a breath of fresh air.

My colleague just recieved an EDD for February in hes app.
Both of us ordered TM3 LR

Hes order was a TM3 LR White with white interior and sport rims and OD was 2nd of Dec.
Mine is TM3 LR MSM black interior with sport rims and OD was 25th of November, still no EDD for me.
Our cars will come with winter tires on them though I dont know if that would affect the delivery.

This is maybe the wrong place to post as we are both from Norway :) But I've been lurking here patiently waiting for any sort of info on "when" we could expect delivery
Interesting that he can see it in his app. I know they were doing more of that in the US. I think I saw that they were trying to put the entire ordering user flow including trade in, finance docs etc into the app. However, for my Model Y order, all it shows is the picture of the car with "manage your order in your account" even though I have a VIN, loan docs and a delivery date. Not a big deal but I wonder why the inconsistency between non-US markets.

No VIN here yet, but again, ordered 13/1/2022, so... What would be the next ship that will come from Shangai for Belgium?
Starting to think it might come from Berlin as well if they wait a bit longer :rolleyes:
Ordered in October and still no vin, I am pretty sure now, that I will be allocated the MY in March, as far I have understood the Vin should be allocated few days after the cars has been loaded onto the boat , 4 weeks before delivery. Therefore if the next delivery is mid march I should receive the Vin by mid Feb

Just watched the latest video from Wuwa on Youtube and there's a hell of a lot of cars ready to be shipped out from Giga Shanghai.. I'm seeing a lot less white and more of the dark colours. Just a shame I couldn't make out whether they were LHD or RHD cars. Wondering if these cars are for Europe and possibly arriving for beginning of March.

Reactions: Redbull77
Just for everyone's interest, I signed a Octopus lease, doing a Salary Sacrifice, for Model Y Long Range in white with black seats (so all standard) on the 28th October 2021. Octopus have emailed updates pretty much every two weeks since, basically saying no news. But then out of the blue, I've today received a text (not sure how Telsa got my mobile number as all my dealings have been through Octopus) inviting me to collect my car on Saturday the 19th of February. WOW! I'm excited so accepted straight away (I was required to text YES as a reply in order to accept their offer)
Now I have to think of the best way to get to Southampton for early in the morning when I live in the East Midlands :). So, Mr Miserable ( I've been following you post with interest) what ship do you believe my Tesla Model Y will be on?

Just for everyone's interest, I signed a Octopus lease, doing a Salary Sacrifice, for Model Y Long Range in white with black seats (so all standard) on the 28th October 2021. Octopus have emailed updates pretty much every two weeks since, basically saying no news. But then out of the blue, I've today received a text (not sure how Telsa got my mobile number as all my dealings have been through Octopus) inviting me to collect my car on Saturday the 19th of February. WOW! I'm excited so accepted straight away (I was required to text YES as a reply in order to accept their offer)
Now I have to think of the best way to get to Southampton for early in the morning when I live in the East Midlands :). So, Mr Miserable ( I've been following you post with interest) what ship do you believe my Tesla Model Y will be on?
I'm getting the train Leicester to Southampton Central which looks to be about a 10 minute walk away

Just been contacted today for a home delivery in Glasgow on the 11th February for an M3 LR Deep Blue, 19" and Premium Interior....looks like things are going to plan! Order placed 29th Dec through LEX Autolease.
Hope this helps!!
That’s a week after the contact for delivery that the registration number has been shown on the LEX Autolease page....again, all looks like it’s going to plan for the 11th! Can’t wait 😛

Depends where you are in Norway - most shipments arrive at Drammen from Zeebrugge although if there is a really big shipment then that will go to Oslo and your car will be available to collect from Lillestrom. If you are in Stavanger, Bergan or Trondheim you may be lucky and have it shipped direct from Zeebrugge.
Order date is largely irrelevant with Tesla - see post 1 on this thread.
So watch for Tesla ships docking in Zeebrugge. The cars are generally crossloaded on to a UECC ship to Norway. The good news here is that you can check to see whether your VIN is onboard a UECC ship. Watch the Drammen webcam and look for your car

We live in Drammen both of us so were in a good spot there I guess. He has yet to recieve vin though just estimated delivery, this can get pushed endlessly though. I'm hoping we get a feb delivery! :D

Interesting that he can see it in his app. I know they were doing more of that in the US. I think I saw that they were trying to put the entire ordering user flow including trade in, finance docs etc into the app. However, for my Model Y order, all it shows is the picture of the car with "manage your order in your account" even though I have a VIN, loan docs and a delivery date. Not a big deal but I wonder why the inconsistency between non-US markets.
I have the same situation with the app,only what I can see is the picture of car and "Manage your order in your Tesla account".I also have VIN and estimated delivery 11-25 February and my car is on Höegh Traveller.

HYPERION RAY was due to arrive at the southern entrance of the Suez Canal tonight however she has slowed and there is no chance of that happening now. It looks very much like she has at least a 24 hour delay for her canal transit. I was expecting her to transit early tomorrow but at the moment it looks like she could be delayed to Monday afternoon or even early Tuesday morning.
On the good news front, GRANDE CALIFORNIA has her berth confirmed in Southampton Western Docks on 03 Feb. The Atlantic weather looks fine for her voyage.

The latest satellite positions of the known 'Tesla' vessels are shown on the chart below:

Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 10.27.36.png

On the ships of interest front, there is still no indications that SUNRISE ACE or GLOVIS CONDOR are carrying Teslas. I think their days on the watch list are numbered since I think we would have found out by now if they were.

Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 10.33.18.png

There are no further developments on the China Seas flotilla either. We may have to wait for them to depart Singapore and see where they are heading to. I'm hoping to rule a couple of these ships off the list of possibles then.

Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 10.35.42.png

In Shanghai, MSC Immacolata continues to load at Shanghai South however I'm pleased to see a Glovis vessel, GRAND PIONEER patiently waiting off the coast for the MSC ship to depart. At least, I'm hoping that is what happens.
At the main Shanghai RoRo piers - MORNING CRYSTAL should depart to Australia within the next 24 hours (probably with Teslas onboard) and that's about it.
Whilst China gears up for the Chinese new year holiday, port operations will continue albeit at a much slower pace. Experience suggests that it takes a little while for the tempo of operations to resume after the holiday too. Looking at the latest WuWa video there are plenty of cars to be shifted.

Today is the last opportunity to enter the HYPERION RAY competition - it will close at midnight tonight. It's been made a little spicier by her canal delay, so click HERE to enter.

Last edited:
Question for UK based people: So what happens if you don’t accept delivery right now for the MY (Shanghai, MIC) and instead want to wait it out for MY deliveries from Berlin (MIG) — mostly to get the stronger structural single cast? (The initial Berlin run will be MY-P but after that they will do MY-LR)

Can Tesla allow you to wait out out?

for those of us with 11th pickups, is that likely to be the Grande California arriving on the 3rd? Seems a fair gap to unload and deliver around the UK and I haven’t seen anyone get a pickup earlier than that, so would match with that being the first boat in?

Status
Not open for further replies.