Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drammen, Norway.
Everything that was unloaded has just been dumped on the quayside and they will probably stay there until Monday when they will start sorting them out. If there are any Teslas there they will be moved to the Tesla staging area which is to the right of the dock entrance (bottom left of Holmen Syd camera).
Do u think that TRAVIATA could have dropped off some Teslas in Zeebrugge for Drammen? Because I see now that AUTOPROGRESS is scheduled to depart in Zeebrugge again on Monday.

I really start to think there is model 3 stocks in the northern side of Shanghai ! With yesterday video at lutchao with no model3 after 5 days of production so around 6000 cars!! And all the Y are not either there !! Where are they hiding?
Although the majority of Tesla vehicles parked at Luchao were Model Ys, there were a few areas with Model 3s as well.

Do u think that TRAVIATA could have dropped off some Teslas in Zeebrugge for Drammen? Because I see now that AUTOPROGRESS is scheduled to depart in Zeebrugge again on Monday.
TRAVIATA is an enigma - I don't understand why she spent so long (6 days) in a hold off the Norfolk coast.
Her loading was puzzling enough, taking place at both Taicang and Haitong with holds in between.
She certainly isn't a Tesla charter but is she carrying some Teslas?
She has docked at an ICO berth but the VIN activity doesn't really suggest we have missed a shipment.
Additionally, the German leak did not mention her.
So on balance, no I don't think she is carrying any Teslas.

Reactions: Michael C
TRAVIATA is an enigma - I don't understand why she spent so long (6 days) in a hold off the Norfolk coast.
Her loading was puzzling enough, taking place at both Taicang and Haitong with holds in between.
She has docked at an ICO berth but the VIN activity doesn't really suggest we have missed a shipment.
Do u know what ships have been carrying Teslas from Zeebrugge to Drammen before?

Just trying to do some calculations…in Q2, MORNING PEACE arrived in Southampton as late as 27th June for quarter end of 30th. It appears estimated journey time from Shanghai to Southampton is about 25 days (using GLOVIS COMPANION as an example: departing Shaghai 6th August and arriving Southampton 1st September). So for those of us hoping for another UK ship with cars for Q3, we have until 1st/2nd ish of September until it’s logistically too late. And GLOVIS COMPANION VINs were most likely the ones assigned on 9th August, which is 3 days after departing Shanghai. So bottom line is: those of us still waiting should know whether or not we are getting our cars this quarter by 4th/5th September ish. i.e. if a ship hasn’t left by 1st/2nd September and/or we havent got a VIN by 5th September then most likely it will be next Q for us. So I guess it’s only about 3 more weeks of waiting 🤣 But I note the optimism from Mr M of another UK ship (or two!) and theres still plenty of time, so here’s hoping!

Just trying to do some calculations…in Q2, MORNING PEACE arrived in Southampton as late as 27th June for quarter end of 30th. It appears estimated journey time from Shanghai to Southampton is about 25 days (using GLOVIS COMPANION as an example: departing Shaghai 6th August and arriving Southampton 1st September). So for those of us hoping for another UK ship with cars for Q3, we have until 1st/2nd ish of September until it’s logistically too late. And GLOVIS COMPANION VINs were most likely the ones assigned on 9th August, which is 3 days after departing Shanghai. So bottom line is: those of us still waiting should know whether or not we are getting our cars this quarter by 4th/5th September ish. i.e. if a ship hasn’t left by 1st/2nd September and/or we havent got a VIN by 5th September then most likely it will be next Q for us. So I guess it’s only about 3 more weeks of waiting 🤣 But I note the optimism from Mr M of another UK ship (or two!) and theres still plenty of time, so here’s hoping!
And don't forget that a lot of people fall by the wayside when it comes to stumping up the cash - those VINs will be reallocated as soon as it becomes clear that the sale will not go through in Q3. Tesla management will want all the cars that have arrived to be delivered by 30 Sep. The famous Tesla end-of-quarter delivery frenzy still lives on in the UK! This includes lease customers - the car has to be in your possession for Tesla to be able to include it as a delivery. I feel for the Tesla staff who must dread the end-of-quarter push.

@Mr Miserable & others:
Climate is heating up in Finland as some March orders are getting Made-In-Germany VINs for their MYLRs. While others (such as myself) remain VINless with over-optimistic EDDs starting next week and ending mid-September, seemingly missing the mark on GLOVIS CAPTAIN.
Are the shipments from Grünheide to Nordic countries trackable/predictable in any way, or is this completely out-of-scope for this thread?
Would appreciate any pointers!

Hi Guys so I found a hidden VIN number and it's LRW so Shanghai but when I use the Tesla Vin Encoder I get to digit 8 and then I have an RX which is not an option so the Vin is LRW3F7FRXNC******

My EDD is 2nd to 16th Sep and it's a model 3 RHD. I tried to use the Tracker with the Vin but no ship came up and I was not given confirmed delivery dates or a VIN (found VIN in code).

Anyone else have a strange VIN like mine ? I double check I didn't make a mistake with the VIN.
Seems an unusual VIN. Characters 8 is usually numeric indicating motor type and character 9 is also numeric

Mod comment: thread is off topic, 8 is a new char and 9 is a checksum digit, can we leave the discussion there please or start a new thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
And don't forget that a lot of people fall by the wayside when it comes to stumping up the cash - those VINs will be reallocated as soon as it becomes clear that the sale will not go through in Q3. Tesla management will want all the cars that have arrived to be delivered by 30 Sep. The famous Tesla end-of-quarter delivery frenzy still lives on in the UK! This includes lease customers - the car has to be in your possession for Tesla to be able to include it as a delivery. I feel for the Tesla staff who must dread the end-of-quarter push.
I have been think about this and I would say that the majority of "declined" orders would be first offered to the lease providers as a bulk. Especially the White / 19s. It would make logistics easier as it would be lease provider contacting Customers to get sales..

I have been think about this and I would say that the majority of "declined" orders would be first offered to the lease providers as a bulk. Especially the White / 19s. It would make logistics easier as it would be lease provider contacting Customers to get sales..
There is no such thing as 'bulk' sale as far as Tesla is concerned. It's sticker price for everyone, even Hertz.

I just got updated delivery 16 -26 Aug m3p for Sweden. Was 12-26 Aug until today. Indicates Traviata ?

Mr M. In response to your question from a day or so ago, latest Wolfpack video shows all MIG MY are Black/White with black interior, but there are over 30 car transporters on site, cars stored pretty much everywhere. I noticed the transporters look like they are being loaded indiscriminately, which would suggest they are being taken elsewhere for sorting, I'm guessing this is to a port for shipping, all LHD so far as I could see.

Reactions: DRS ACTIVE
Yes, I agree. I spoke to an advisor several weeks back, and she told me that she lives in Hertfordshire and was sent to Southampton for the start of 29th June, and that they worked through the night to get all the deliveries done by close of play on the 30th. So they do appear to be put under a lot pressure at Q ends.

Reactions: ROTA
Hi Guys so I found a hidden VIN number and it's LRW so Shanghai but when I use the Tesla Vin Encoder I get to digit 8 and then I have an RX which is not an option so the Vin is LRW3F7FRXNC******

My EDD is 2nd to 16th Sep and it's a model 3 RHD. I tried to use the Tracker with the Vin but no ship came up and I was not given confirmed delivery dates or a VIN (found VIN in code).

Anyone else have a strange VIN like mine ? I double check I didn't make a mistake with the VIN.
X is a perfectly valid checksum digit in position 9. We can’t tell if it’s actually correct because you haven’t provided the rest of the VIN…

Saturday 13 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton on Monday 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. She is halfway across the Bat of Biscay. Weather is fine all the way to Southampton. I reckon she should now arrive in Zeebrugge on 17 Aug - in formation with GLOVIS SUMMIT!

GLOVIS SUMMIT She is also heading to Southampton with an ETA of Tuesday 16 Aug and then on to Zeebrugge ETA Wednesday 17 Aug. She has onboard 3,026 M3 and 853 MY for the EU and probably around 1100 or so cars for the UK. She is presently tracking north along the coast of Portugal.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!
She is now in the Red Sea making her way up towards the Suez Canal where she should arrive on Monday evening.

RCC ANTWERP is now in a choppy Arabian Sea and her speed has reduced to 14kts. The seas are going to get progressively rougher as she heads west into the strong south westerly Monsoon feeding a Tropical Cyclone that has formed to the north. She is due to arrive in Koper on 23 Aug with 4052 MY on board. Whether this will be her only stop we don't yet know.

GLOVIS COMPANION is now in the Bay of Bengal. She's making excellent time at the moment but her speed will drop as she meets increasingly heavy seas. She's bound for Suez with what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep. Do check your Tesla accounts for a hidden VIN.

Don't forget the GLOVIS COMPANION competition! Click HERE to enter. About 40 entries so far! Only one entry per person - extra entries are deleted!

ASIAN VISION has now departed to Port Kembla, Australia with an ETA there of 28 Aug. After that she should head on down to Melbourne.

I mentioned yesterday about the possibility that some cars bound for the UK were left on the quayside. This has yet to be confirmed and I not sure it ever will be. It's possible that they were planning for a larger ship eg GLOVIS SUMMIT is the same length as GLOVIS COMPANION but it is about 3m wider and has an extra car deck. That's several hundred cars.
I'm still hopeful we will see another UK shipment, there is plenty of time.

Over in San Francisco GLOVIS SOLOMON has arrived and dropped anchor in the harbour near Pier 80. I had a phone call today with my vacationing dog walker and he didn't notice anything on the planning board the last time he looked last week. (He's having an awful time in Las Vegas with torrential rain and flooding. He would leave but he's not sure the roads are passable. He's fortunate that he parked in a multi-storey car park as cars left at ground level are swamped.)

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.

Hi all, I'm still trying to figure out how the cars get from Zeebrugge to Dublin (Ireland), previously I thought it was on a CLdN ship as they operate 3 sailings a week from Zeebrugge to Dublin but I recently saw a picture of the first Model Y's arriving in Ireland and they were coming off what looks like a KESS ("K" Line) ship. It looked like either the Schelde Highway or the Weser Highway. Can anybody shed any light on this. My Wife's M3RWD white/white/19" is being collected on the 23rd of Sep but I have seen other Irish collections scheduled for much earlier in Sep and I'd love to be able to track its journey all the way to Dublin. Thanks.
1660430389557.png

Saturday 13 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton on Monday 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. She is halfway across the Bat of Biscay. Weather is fine all the way to Southampton. I reckon she should now arrive in Zeebrugge on 17 Aug - in formation with GLOVIS SUMMIT!

GLOVIS SUMMIT She is also heading to Southampton with an ETA of Tuesday 16 Aug and then on to Zeebrugge ETA Wednesday 17 Aug. She has onboard 3,026 M3 and 853 MY for the EU and probably around 1100 or so cars for the UK. She is presently tracking north along the coast of Portugal.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!
She is now in the Red Sea making her way up towards the Suez Canal where she should arrive on Monday evening.

RCC ANTWERP is now in a choppy Arabian Sea and her speed has reduced to 14kts. The seas are going to get progressively rougher as she heads west into the strong south westerly Monsoon feeding a Tropical Cyclone that has formed to the north. She is due to arrive in Koper on 23 Aug with 4052 MY on board. Whether this will be her only stop we don't yet know.

GLOVIS COMPANION is now in the Bay of Bengal. She's making excellent time at the moment but her speed will drop as she meets increasingly heavy seas. She's bound for Suez with what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep. Do check your Tesla accounts for a hidden VIN.

Don't forget the GLOVIS COMPANION competition! Click HERE to enter. About 40 entries so far! Only one entry per person - extra entries are deleted!

ASIAN VISION has now departed to Port Kembla, Australia with an ETA there of 28 Aug. After that she should head on down to Melbourne.

I mentioned yesterday about the possibility that some cars bound for the UK were left on the quayside. This has yet to be confirmed and I not sure it ever will be. It's possible that they were planning for a larger ship eg GLOVIS SUMMIT is the same length as GLOVIS COMPANION but it is about 3m wider and has an extra car deck. That's several hundred cars.
I'm still hopeful we will see another UK shipment, there is plenty of time.

Over in San Francisco GLOVIS SOLOMON has arrived and dropped anchor in the harbour near Pier 80. I had a phone call today with my vacationing dog walker and he didn't notice anything on the planning board the last time he looked last week. (He's having an awful time in Las Vegas with torrential rain and flooding. He would the various leave but he's not sure the roads are passable. He's fortunate that he parked in a multi-storey car park as cars left at ground level are swamped.)

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.
Glovis challenge and Glovis sunrise are both still enroute to Shanghai 15th and 16th respectively. Could it still be on for challenge to be a Southampton ship [with a batch of RHDs topping up those left behind by Companion] and sunrise waiting in turn to take LHDs to Koper or zeebrugge on her tail. If this happened then we could be on for last of the VINS for Q3 being rolled out sat/sun to UK and then some reallocation from Companion and Challenge to trickle out as we head to 30th September, and get us up to early May ODs substantially settled. Let’s hope the shipping logistics and the factory schedules align and the above happens. It’s not over till the fat lady sings and all that jazz. 🚘🎷🎶

Status
Not open for further replies.