Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is it odd it’s going to Germany first before UK when it’s further away?
Yes that does seem odd, but maybe it’s just a ship of strays making up the shortfall to the UK and Germany?

My EDD went from 20/09-30/09 to 23/09-30/09 a couple of weeks ago so could I assume they switched the UK and German deliveries?

@Mr Miserable may be able to shine a light as he seems the man in the know :)

Hi all, I'm still trying to figure out how the cars get from Zeebrugge to Dublin (Ireland), previously I thought it was on a CLdN ship as they operate 3 sailings a week from Zeebrugge to Dublin but I recently saw a picture of the first Model Y's arriving in Ireland and they were coming off what looks like a KESS ("K" Line) ship. It looked like either the Schelde Highway or the Weser Highway. Can anybody shed any light on this. My Wife's M3RWD white/white/19" is being collected on the 23rd of Sep but I have seen other Irish collections scheduled for much earlier in Sep and I'd love to be able to track its journey all the way to Dublin. Thanks.
View attachment 840647
I have a collection date 24/9 Ireland M3LR, but no idea of shipping from Zeebrugge to Dublin.

There is no such thing as 'bulk' sale as far as Tesla is concerned. It's sticker price for everyone, even Hertz.
There is no such thing as 'bulk' sale as far as Tesla is concerned. It's sticker price for everyone, even Hertz.
I didn't say there was a bulk buy price, but sold in bulk to a leasing company. Far easier to get ZEN to take 50 cars than it is for Tesla to try and match 50 people on the list, especially when the cars are not assigned during the shipping process. I think once the cars are at the distribution centres and someone decides not to take them they will look at individuals. It makes business sense to do it this way.. Though allocation of cars, Tesla and business sense with regards to that seem to be an enigma..

Is it just me or is it odd it’s going to Germany first before UK when it’s further away?
Guys - this was discussed the other day by @Darreno.
What you see is the voyage after it comes to Europe.
Tesla is a private charter so the voyage from Shanghai isn’t public info, apart from arrivals info.
This is still a good sign, as we know she has to get from Asia to Europe and could be carrying Teslas (if not Hyundais, etc).
We wait and see.

Hi,

I'm french and I ordered a MY LR full black 20" at the end of February with an initial EDD for May. My EDD changed few times from Q3 to Q4, now my EDD is 19/09 - 30/09. I talked with other French guys with similar configuration and we all have similar EDD but no VIN.

I'm wondering if this EDD is achievable from Shanghai or if it may be made in Gigaberlin? Or maybe we will be delivered in Q4?

I'll keep you updated.

T
Hi,

I'm french and I ordered a MY LR full black 20" at the end of February with an initial EDD for May. My EDD changed few times from Q3 to Q4, now my EDD is 19/09 - 30/09. I talked with other French guys with similar configuration and we all have similar EDD but no VIN.

I'm wondering if this EDD is achievable from Shanghai or if it may be made in Gigaberlin? Or maybe we will be delivered in Q4?

I'll keep you updated.
Bonjour! There are also a few of us in the UK with orders from March/April, September EDDs and no VIN.

We hope for another ship or two for Europe and the UK.

There is still another two weeks for ships to leave Shanghai and make the end of the Quarter.

Some cars are seemingly now coming out of Berlin for the rest of Europe so that is also possible for White and maybe also black. Let us know how it goes!

Seems Hoegh St.Petersburg disappeared from the tracking map. Anyone knows what happened?
I don't know why but there seems to be a black hole around Suez for some reason. She will reappear in due course.

Unlike RCC ANTWERP who has switched off her AIS transmitter.
Some ships do this as part of their anti-piracy and self-protection measures when they are entering a high risk area. RCC ANTWERP is entering a an area designated as high-risk. Personally I don't think it's an effective measure as the attacks on RoRos in the last couple of years were by state-sponsored organisations that have other methods of tracking a ship and for deterring pirates, a message advertising the fact that the ship has armed guards onboard would probably be better. AIS was primarily introduced to reduce the risk of collisons at sea and it in that role it has been spectacularly successful. Most ships have digital displays which combine primary radar returns with labels from AIS. It is quite easy to miss a primary return that does not have a label (so called ghost ships) although the system should still alarm if the set closest point of approach is penetrated. Generally ships that switch off their AIS are up to no-good (sanction busters, smugglers etc) and modern global maritime surveillance systems alarm when a switch-off is identified. So switching off the AIS not only reduces the safety of your vessel and others, it also distracts the good guys from concentrating their efforts on the bad boys.
RCC ANTWERP will likely switch her AIS back on when she is in the Red Sea.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm still trying to figure out how the cars get from Zeebrugge to Dublin (Ireland), previously I thought it was on a CLdN ship as they operate 3 sailings a week from Zeebrugge to Dublin but I recently saw a picture of the first Model Y's arriving in Ireland and they were coming off what looks like a KESS ("K" Line) ship. It looked like either the Schelde Highway or the Weser Highway. Can anybody shed any light on this. My Wife's M3RWD white/white/19" is being collected on the 23rd of Sep but I have seen other Irish collections scheduled for much earlier in Sep and I'd love to be able to track its journey all the way to Dublin. Thanks.
View attachment 840647
Thanks for posting the pictures.
I agree it's a KESS ship and I also agree that it's either SCHELDE or WESER HIGHWAY.
The folk to contact are Celtic Shipping Agencies in Dublin. I have not found their schedule.
The next KESS ship to arrive from Zeebrugge is the MALACCA HIGHWAY on Wednesday but that one won't have any Teslas onboard.
The one after that however may do...

Guys - this was discussed the other day by @Darreno.
What you see is the voyage after it comes to Europe.
Tesla is a private charter so the voyage from Shanghai isn’t public info, apart from arrivals info.
This is still a good sign, as we know she has to get from Asia to Europe and could be carrying Teslas (if not Hyundais, etc).
We wait and see.
my bad missed the original comment

You've been told that X is a perfectly correct check digit.
You can read up here on how the check digit is created and you can check the maths for your particular example.
Or just use Check Digit Calculator which does all the maths for you and works for any VIN globally and gives you 👍 or 👎 in a single click.

(Apologies to the mods for “one more post” on this VIN topic but i felt this link was generally of use to anyone thinking they’d been allocated an invalid VIN by Tesla)

Reactions: JOL1
Status
Not open for further replies.