Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like GLOVIS COMPANION is headed for Yantai, which is north of Shanghai. Is this now off the watch list Mr M?
Yes. Sadly the wait continues...
Incidentally, GLOVIS SOLOMON which loaded at Luchao was not a Tesla ship either. That's an important precedent as I have identified another export ship planning to load at Luchao which has a doubtfull itinerary (ie probably non-Tesla). So unfortuneately even if a Glovis ship docks there we can no longer assume it's a Tesla ship.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Hello,

I'm from Belgium and I have ordered a white TM3 Performance with black interior on the 31/12/2021.

Estimated delivery date is 08/03/2022.

I've found this on the Hoegh website, do you think the car could be on this boat ?

View attachment 752560
I doubt your car will be on that vessel, although others may be. We should see quite a few dedicated Tesla charters arrive before then.

This is the schedule for the ships Tesla use for Oz/NZ. There is also @Vedaprime who is the guru for this region.
In Tokyo waiting for my model 3, ordered mid of November and expected to arrive middle of February as per my sales advisor. Based on this itinerary most likely my car could be on vessel Turandot arriving Yokohoma on February 3rd and I guess my VIN could be given on January 24 approximately. Thanks Mr.M.

In Tokyo waiting for my model 3, ordered mid of November and expected to arrive middle of February as per my sales advisor. Based on this itinerary most likely my car could be on vessel Turandot arriving Yokohoma on February 3rd and I guess my VIN could be given on January 24 approximately. Thanks Mr.M.
Tesla indeed use Yokohama as their port of entry for Japan. There are many ships that depart Shanghai and call at Yokohama in the next month or so.
The problem is that the numbers for Japan are surprisingly small (Japan has been a marketing failure for Tesla) and so can be shipped almost invisibly.

• Helpful
Reactions: indianinjapan
GLOVIS CARDINAL looks like she may be on her way to Pier 80. She is due to arrive in San Francisco on 12 Jan and if she heads to Pier 80 then she will be the first ship to dock there since RCC TIANJIN left there last October. Her destination is likely to be Taiwan.

Speaking of RCC TIANJIN, I note that she is presently inbound to Shanghai and is due to arrive on the 16 Jan. One to watch....

Hopefully Tesla start using Ringaskiddy as destination port directly for Ireland in the future would make sea logistics easier as Dublin is too awkward.

Hyundai looks to have another on-route in Jan too so may end up using it again. Bout time Tesla got a proper service/allocation of cars to Ireland.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Hopefully Tesla start using Ringaskiddy as destination port directly for Ireland in the future would make sea logistics easier as Dublin is too awkward.

Hyundai looks to have another on-route in Jan too so may end up using it again. Bout time Tesla got a proper service/allocation of cars to Ireland.
Ringaskiddy has been used by Grimaldi RoRo's for years. There is also a twice weekly scheduled service to Zeebrugge and so this could be used by Tesla in the future.
I can't see Tesla charters from Shanghai stopping here unless the shipment is 500 +. We have seen ships continue on from Zeebrugge to Amsterdam and Norwegian ports when demand dictates it, but the numbers need to be big.

Looking at the deliveries thread it looks like the consensus is that the first ship will arrive in Southampton in mid Feb.
Exactly the information given by folks at Tesla to me yesterday. This mid February shipment will answer many many questions about the new spec landing on our shores. I think a lot of people will be watching this one (once identified).

RCC TIANJIN. I wonder.... 😬

Yes the first screenshot is the confirmation after entering the VIN on Hoegh's My Cargo page. There is a possibility that other ships that are not confirmed yet already left earlier and also this ship is taking more time than others to arrive as it has several stops along the way.
As this ship arrives in Zeebrugge on Feb 12th, I doubt it is possible that cars on it would be delivered in Ireland on the week of Feb 14th.
Either
  1. they are not on this one
  2. the date is a bit optimistic (I have seen for France it happen a lot that the initial delivery date is 1 week too early)
  3. the cars are transloaded to another ship to UK/Ireland before it reaches Zeebrugge
Below is the full schedule for HOEGH TRAVELLER ( Sailing Schedule )
Capture d’écran 2022-01-06 à 17.59.18.png

Yes the first screenshot is the confirmation after entering the VIN on Hoegh's My Cargo page. There is a possibility that other ships that are not confirmed yet already left earlier and also this ship is taking more time than others to arrive as it has several stops along the way.
As this ship arrives in Zeebrugge on Feb 12th, I doubt it is possible that cars on it would be delivered in Ireland on the week of Feb 14th.
Either
  1. they are not on this one
  2. the date is a bit optimistic (I have seen for France it happen a lot that the initial delivery date is 1 week too early)
  3. the cars are transloaded to another ship to UK/Ireland before it reaches Zeebrugge
Below is the full schedule for HOEGH TRAVELLER ( Sailing Schedule )View attachment 752653
Am I reading this correctly? HEOGH TRAVELLER is terminating its journey at Southampton on 22/02? I guess there may be other ships that depart Shanghai after this but arrive earlier due to having fewer stops along the way. What do you think Mr M?

Am I reading this correctly? HEOGH TRAVELLER is terminating its journey at Southampton on 22/02? I guess there may be other ships that depart Shanghai after this but arrive earlier due to having fewer stops along the way. What do you think Mr M?
Nothing unusual here - it's a regular scheduled service.
We have never seen Tesla use it to transport cars to the UK though and I think it will remain very unlikely.
Tesla have used the service to shift SOME cars to Zeebrugge although this comes with risks because it is not a direct service. Last quarter port congestion at Piraeus caused a significant delay to ships on this route.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Exciting news UK model Y customers are being asked to enter their details and prepair for delivery by choosing their collection location and payment method. I ordered before 8am on the 15th October and had the email today. Lookign forward to tracking the ships :) Bit like when I tracked my Model 3 from fremont a few years ago. Fingers crossed for Feb delivery.

Exciting news UK model Y customers are being asked to enter their details and prepair for delivery by choosing their collection location and payment method. I ordered before 8am on the 15th October and had the email today. Lookign forward to tracking the ships :) Bit like when I tracked my Model 3 from fremont a few years ago. Fingers crossed for Feb delivery.
I had the email this morning too, completed all the steps and Selected the Space Centre in Leicester for collection - Sounds Glamorous but its just a posh Marque in one of the Car parks. Next stage will be looking for the VIN in account source code (slightly more frequently than I have already been doing!!)

All seems quiet this week on the shipping front, hopefully a potential vessel will appear on Mr M's radar shortly.

There are many ships waiting and loading day by day in Shanghai, but most of them won't be a Tesla carrier. The only one identified ship til now is HOEGH TRAVELLER maybe with "some" Teslas on board ... heading to Zeebrügge on 12.2. via Manila, Singapore, Piräus and Livorno ... just normal RoRo on her tour.

GLOVIS CARDINAL looks like she may be on her way to Pier 80. She is due to arrive in San Francisco on 12 Jan and if she heads to Pier 80 then she will be the first ship to dock there since RCC TIANJIN left there last October. Her destination is likely to be Taiwan.

Speaking of RCC TIANJIN, I note that she is presently inbound to Shanghai and is due to arrive on the 16 Jan. One to watch....
Has there been any indication when Tesla will begin to ship S/X to Europe? Q1?

Status
Not open for further replies.