Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PAGNA is ... fully loaded ... heading towards SUEZ ... maybe another hit ?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-10 um 23.02.32.png

Last edited:
For those readers in mainland Europe who have a VIN, either from Tesla or have found it in the account source code, they can check to see if their car is being shipped onboard HOEGH TRAVELLER by entering it here.

It doesn't work for cars being shipped on other lines.
If you are fortunate to find you car onboard please DM me or post the fact on here - it just adds to the evidence, which is a liitle too localised at the moment for my liking.
My Tesla advisor (Belgium) told me the RN will be matched to a VIN during the period of mid-feb trough mid-march. (Model Y LR).

That seems a little late. Current delivery on the website still mentions feb 2022. I was never possible to see a delivery date in the app or the account page on the website.

Is it plausible the VIN will be matched much sooner? Of so, i’ll be checking that source code daily :)

So we now have two ships of interest on the way to Suez, VIKING SEA and PAGNA.
Both of these ships are not what I would call standard size (Panamax) ships, which is what Tesla would normally charter.
What is interesting is that PAGNA's ETA for Suez is equally as bad as VIKING SEA's 21 days to Suez which is 3-4 days slower than what I have come to expect. I can only assume that she may stop off at Singapore on the way for some fuel but even then it doesn't account for all the extra days. It's not weather related as far as I can determine.
Anyway, if PAGNA is heading our way (and we may not be able to confirm this for sure until she departs the Suez Canal on 2 Feb) I estimate she would arrive in Southampton on 10 Feb or Zeebrugge around 11 Feb.
We may find out before that from VIN activity if these are first of all Tesla ships (they may not be) and where they are headed.
There is a search facility on this forum - please use it to find one of the many, many threads of VIN finding...and let's keep this thread clear so we can see whether HYPERION RAY and GLOVIS SUNRISE join the list of suspects....

So we now have two ships of interest on the way to Suez, VIKING SEA and PAGNA.
Both of these ships are not what I would call standard size (Panamax) ships, which is what Tesla would normally charter.
What is interesting is that PAGNA's ETA for Suez is equally as bad as VIKING SEA's 21 days to Suez which is 3-4 days slower than what I have come to expect. I can only assume that she may stop off at Singapore on the way for some fuel but even then it doesn't account for all the extra days. It's not weather related as far as I can determine.
Anyway, if PAGNA is heading our way (and we may not be able to confirm this for sure until she departs the Suez Canal on 2 Feb) I estimate she would arrive in Southampton on 10 Feb or Zeebrugge around 11 Feb.
We may find out before that from VIN activity if these are first of all Tesla ships (they may not be) and where they are headed.
There is a search facility on this forum - please use it to find one of the many, many threads of VIN finding...and let's keep this thread clear so we can see whether HYPERION RAY and GLOVIS SUNRISE join the list of suspects....
Watching the latest GS video of the car park, a significant number of cars leaving the factory are RHD, which as we know are all for export to primarily Aus, Jap, GB, Ire

NABUCCO will be back on 22nd of jan. Maybe she can be a hit again, like in Q4 2021 ?

View attachment 754493
Yes I hoped so too but there are indications from elsewhere that the ship will be carrying a variety of marques, which may or may not include Tesla.
Nothing is set in concrete and things will hopefully change as the departure date nears but at the moment she certainly doesn't appear to be a Tesla charter.

UPDATE: Further investigation would appear to show that TRAVIATA's previously scheduled Shanghai call on 26 Jan has been cancelled and that NABUCCO will take all the cargo that was already scheduled to be loaded on to TRAVIATA as well as... well, I haven't found that out yet...

Last edited:
I mentioned the term PANAMAX yesterday.
Many people are surprised to learn that for decades the design and size of ships was limited to the maximum dimensions that the locks in the Panama Canal could take - PANAMAX. The Panama Canal Authority dictated that the maximum width, draft and length of a vessel and so ships were built to that specification which explains why so many ships, both cargo and passenger, are similarly sized.
The expansion of global trade really demanded larger ships and the Panama Canal became a bottleneck as ships queued and paid ever more extortionate fees to queue jump. Alternatives to the Panama Canal were being actively studied (cheap finance and labour from China was available which made previously seemingly unviable projects, suddenly possible) Huge pressure was put on Panama to expand the canal and create bigger locks (the canal is Panama's prime source of income) In 2009 Panama published the NEO-PANAMAX specification based on the planned new locks and a surge of ship building to the new dimensions began. Although originally slated to open in 2014 various delays meant that the new locks weren't opened until June 2016. It was an expensive project and fees to use the canal are high and sabre-rattling threats of an alternative large canal being constructed through Costa Rica and Nicaragua (effectively by China) are becoming louder.
As an aside, the Suez canal does not have locks and so there aren't the same restrictions however Suez is not run very efficiently, lacks investment, is becoming more expensive to use and alternatives to it are also being seriously examined, especially since the EVER GIVEN blockage and the chaotic efforts to refloat her and the arguably unlawful seizure of the ship by the canal authorities afterwards.

Nope ... til now no GLOVIS Ship could be identified as a Tesla Carrier in 2022 .... maybe we will get a lucky one the next days or weeks.

GLOVIS CARDINAL is heading towards San Francisco on 12th Jan. and
GLOVIS CONDOR towards Shanghai in 16th Jan.
GLOVIS SUNRISE ... is close to SHG but ... who knows :)

Last edited:
How about your ideas on the new contract between Tesla and Hyundai Glovis? You think all Glovis ships leaving Shanghai now will be Tesla ships?
For the amount quoted for that one year contract I would expect Glovis to provide a golden carpet for each car.
Glovis Hyundai already ply to/from Shanghai and Far Eastern ports with S Korean vehicles so I can so no, not every Glovis ship will be a Tesla ship.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.