Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is people's opinion on which ship my M3LR is on? Delivery date of 11th of Feb and VIN and Reg plate all confirmed. I originally thought the Hyperion Ray now I'm starting to think Grande California?

both doable given people have the 15th(?) for MY collections and that’s supposed to be on the later boat than both of those.

also hoping that’s the case and I’ll get matched with one for my order

According to the Model Y configurator right now as I post this, you can configure a car for March 2022 delivery so I'd imagine you still have a chance for a Y in March.
Yes saw that. But at the time of ordering my M3, the tesla website said configure the car for estimated Nov 2021 delivery....but as you know that date didn't happen. We are in 2022 and I still don't have a VIN for the M3.

Good point. Well I initially wanted the MY, but back in Oct 2021 the MY was not available. Tesla said early 2022 for delivery.
So decided to go with the M3 as it was supposed to be Nov 2021 delivery. That date was missed.

As both are now March 2022, I am looking to change to MY as long as it really is March 2022, I don't want to wait another 6 months for it. I would stick to the M3 if MY is not possible in March.

This is why I want to know if all MY's for March 2022 are assigned to buyers.
I ordered my Model Y on day 1 (15 October 2021), standard apart from blue paint, cash purchase, no complications of trade-in or finance. Heard nothing other than the 'prepare for delivery' all buyers got nearly three weeks ago. It's a lottery not an orderly queue and to some degree a postcode lottery - most allocations are in the South of England (but then maybe most orders were) though there are one or two in Scotland. It wouldn't surprise me at all if someone ordering now got their car sooner than I will!

Ordered my M3 early November and Tesla advised today that we would get our VIN tomorrow with delivery Feb. 19th which is the second of two shipments that will arrive here in February - I am in Alsace, France. I wonder if you can identify which ship my M3 is on. Thanks!

I ordered my Model Y on day 1 (15 October 2021), standard apart from blue paint, cash purchase, no complications of trade-in or finance. Heard nothing other than the 'prepare for delivery' all buyers got nearly three weeks ago. It's a lottery not an orderly queue and to some degree a postcode lottery - most allocations are in the South of England (but then maybe most orders were) though there are one or two in Scotland. It wouldn't surprise me at all if someone ordering now got their car sooner than I will!
I have the same feeling, as probably most of Tesla customers do. I found a job offer for a Tesla Advisor in Gatwick — the job description makes you think that this process should be nothing but smooth sailing as selected responsibilities include:

Sales performance:
  • Maintaining a healthy/current pipeline with frequent customer follow-ups
  • Offering an excellent customer experience throughout the process
  • Utilize existing customer relationship management tools to track and manage customers in the pipeline
  • Proactively address all customer queries and escalate the critical ones
Delivery Experience:
  • Guide customer through pre-delivery tasks as needed, to ensure timely deliveries
  • Execute necessary pre-delivery activities to enable smooth deliveries and high customer satisfaction scores, in partnership with Operations team
  • Ensure readiness of fleet cars at any given time and have an overview of resources available
  • Prepare, stage, and charge customer vehicles in advance of their scheduled delivery appointment

Meanwhile, I have the feeling that this whole process is in fact a lottery, based on a postal code + a dose of randomness. Some people receive delivery dates for March, others for February, while most people are waiting without a shred of information.
I had the same "We are preparing your invoice" message on my account since the day I ordered on November the 8th. Model 3 configuration page estimated the delivery for December. Had I not went above my head to find a contact to a Tesla advisor, I wouldn't had had any information from their side that my car has been moved to February/March.
Then in first week of January they call me to ask if I'l be ready to pick up in February or March. I said yes, obviously. Then I follow up yesterday, to ask if they know anything more specific and they say "it will probably be in this quarter", but of course they don't make any claims or promises — gotta wait. They said they assigned 30 cars out of 480 they expect to receive in Poland — I'm almost sure they won't be able to deliver all of them and once again they'll send them to different countries and I might as well end up waiting another quarter.

What I don't get, is when exactly are those VINs assigned to orders? I've heard that they assign them once the ship has entered European waters. But still, I don't understand why some people received VINs before there were any ships, why those delivery dates are spread from February to March...?
I mean they know ahead of the time:
• how many cars they have on order,
• how many they can produce and ship and so on

For a tech company this all seems very out of place.

Sorry for the rant, needed to vent :)

I have the same feeling, as probably most of Tesla customers do. I found a job offer for a Tesla Advisor in Gatwick — the job description makes you think that this process should be nothing but smooth sailing as selected responsibilities include:

Meanwhile, I have the feeling that this whole process is in fact a lottery, based on a postal code + a dose of randomness. Some people receive delivery dates for March, others for February, while most people are waiting without a shred of information.
I had the same "We are preparing your invoice" message on my account since the day I ordered on November the 8th. Model 3 configuration page estimated the delivery for December. Had I not went above my head to find a contact to a Tesla advisor, I wouldn't had had any information from their side that my car has been moved to February/March.
Then in first week of January they call me to ask if I'l be ready to pick up in February or March. I said yes, obviously. Then I follow up yesterday, to ask if they know anything more specific and they say "it will probably be in this quarter", but of course they don't make any claims or promises — gotta wait. They said they assigned 30 cars out of 480 they expect to receive in Poland — I'm almost sure they won't be able to deliver all of them and once again they'll send them to different countries and I might as well end up waiting another quarter.

What I don't get, is when exactly are those VINs assigned to orders? I've heard that they assign them once the ship has entered European waters. But still, I don't understand why some people received VINs before there were any ships, why those delivery dates are spread from February to March...?
I mean they know ahead of the time:
• how many cars they have on order,
• how many they can produce and ship and so on

For a tech company this all seems very out of place.

Sorry for the rant, needed to vent :)
The answer to these questions is in message #1 in this thread. You can find it here. Check out the second paragraph.

Grande's speed is ~17 knots and it is 3693 NM. it will take 9 days at sea to travel from Suez to Southampton.
so... it should be around 4th of February :)
I wouldn't follow you.
I (as do many others) work on a distance of 3086NM ! (30 miles either side is acceptable)
At 16kts it takes about 8 days and each kt will add/reduce the time by about 12 hrs - ish.
I do wonder whether to expect her on 2/3 or 3/2 though!
I would say 03 Feb if asked.

Last edited:
I wouldn't follow you.
I (as do many others) work on a distance of 3086NM ! (30 miles either side is acceptable)
At 16kts it takes about 8 days and each kt will add/reduce the time by about 12 hrs - ish.
WELL, there was info, earlier today, that it should be Southampton on 2nd of February :)

i fully agree with you but I think still 2nd of February :)

The known Tesla ships on the way at the moment are as follows:

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Southampton 03 Feb, Zeebrugge 04 Feb
HOEGH TRAVELLER ETA Zeebrugge 12 Feb
HYPERION RAY I estimate will arrive Southampton around 07 Feb and Zeebrugge 08 Feb
VIKING BRAVERY I estimate Southampton around 13 Feb (Model Y shipment to UK) and Zeebrugge on 16 Feb

Their latest satellite positions are shown on the chart below.

Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 18.21.14.png

GRANDE CALIFORNIA There may be confusion on the various internet tracking apps because the date entered for her ETA in Southampton has been entered on AIS incorrectly and is obviously incorrect. I believe the correct ETA should read 03 Feb. It's quite choppy in the SE Med at the moment and she will be unable to make the speed required to achieve the ETA until the sea state reduces later tomorrow.

The following chart shows vessels of interest. These are ships whose itineraries have not yet been determined but so far look suspiciously like they could be carrying Teslas but nothing is confirmed yet. In my experience, most will turn out not to be carrying Teslas.

Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 18.19.49.png

There is an additional bunch closer to Taiwan

Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 18.39.55.png

Again, most of these ships of interest will be eliminated from being suspects by this time next week.

In Shanghai, it looks like HELIOS RAY did indeed just drop-off at Shanghai South and she is now heading to the main Shanghai RoRo terminal at Haitong to load. My source suggests that she won't be staying long here either - he's been right so far on her movements.
SFL CONDUCTOR COMPOSER is now loading at Shanghai South.
NABUCCO is not a Tesla ship, at least to the UK. She might have a few Teslas to unload in Zeebrugge but I personally think it unlikely.

Last edited:
The known Tesla ships on the way at the moment are as follows:

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Southampton 03 Feb, Zeebrugge 04 Feb
HOEGH TRAVELLER ETA Zeebrugge 12 Feb
HYPERION RAY I estimate will arrive Southampton around 07 Feb and Zeebrugge 08 Feb
VIKING BRAVERY I estimate Southampton around 13 Feb (Model Y shipment to UK) and Zeebrugge on 16 Feb

Their latest satellite positions are shown on the chart below.

View attachment 760492
GRANDE CALIFORNIA There may be confusion on the various internet tracking apps because the date entered for her ETA in Southampton has been entered on AIS incorrectly and is obviously incorrect. I believe the correct ETA should read 03 Feb. It's quite choppy in the SE Med at the moment and she will be unable to make the speed required to achieve the ETA until the sea state reduces later tomorrow.

The following chart shows vessels of interest. These are ships whose itineraries have not yet been determined but so far look suspiciously like they could be carrying Teslas but nothing is confirmed yet. In my experience, most will turn out not to be carrying Teslas.

View attachment 760493

There is an additional bunch closer to Taiwan

View attachment 760495

Again, most of these ships of interest will be eliminated from being suspects by this time next week.

In Shanghai, it looks like HELIOS RAY did indeed just drop-off at Shanghai South and she is now heading to the main Shanghai RoRo terminal at Haitong to load.
SFL CONDUCTOR is now loading at Shanghai South.
NABUCCO is not a Tesla ship, at least to the UK. She might have a few Teslas to unload in Zeebrugge but I personally think it unlikely.
Thanks for this. Always look forward to your daily update!! Keep up the great work :)

I wouldn't follow you.

My wifes birthday. So fate decrees my car will be on that boat!

Reactions: Celvec
Status
Not open for further replies.