Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla Ships Q1 2022.

I ordered my M3 in Mid Nov 21 and I was told then, that my model 3 should arrive in The UK mid Feb (14th / 15th) and this coincides with The Tesla Website delivery date of Feb' when ordering.

I have now seen a recent post on Youtube from "Teslanews" titled "Tesla taking over Europe" and it shows the shipping movements at 1 min 56 Sec. I hope that this might help you in working out the tracking details?

The ships listed are as follows: MSC Immacolate, SFL Composer, Dream Diamond, Viking Bravery, Glovis Cardinal, Hyperion Ray, Grande California, and Hoegh Traveller

Tesla Ships Q1 2022.

I ordered my M3 in Mid Nov 21 and I was told then, that my model 3 should arrive in The UK mid Feb (14th / 15th) and this coincides with The Tesla Website delivery date of Feb' when ordering.

I have now seen a recent post on Youtube from "Teslanews" titled "Tesla taking over Europe" and it shows the shipping movements at 1 min 56 Sec. I hope that this might help you in working out the tracking details?

The ships listed are as follows: MSC Immacolate, SFL Composer, Dream Diamond, Viking Bravery, Glovis Cardinal, Hyperion Ray, Grande California, and Hoegh Traveller
Link to Teslanews video below:

Tesla Ships Q1 2022.

Unfortuneately he's talking complete rubbish in that video! Do take it all with a large pinch of salt. Container ships! He doesn't know what he is talking about!
All the ships mentioned above I have reported on, at the time.
DREAM DIAMOND and GLOVIS CARDINAL departed Pier 80 to S Korea and Taiwan respectively, not to Europe. I also named these ships before any other website or shipping expert. (Thanks to my SF dog walker!)
I am very aware of Franco's site (I show a link to it in the 1st post on this thread) however again that site has been using dubious sources - it is the source of the HYPERION RAY to Israel rumour which I saw no evidence of, and we now know to be completely wrong. He still hasn't corrected it. Franco also produces a map showing the ship's locations - it's not based on satellite data and can be days out of date.
No evidence has yet to surface that MSC IMMACOLATA is a Tesla vessel - she is listed solely because she followed SFL Composer into Shanghai South and there were a lot of Teslas waiting in the car parks. That's not good enough. She may well turn out to be a Tesla vessel but I have been bitten before by the "customer in France" line and it won't happen again.
Franco is not the worst, by far, and his spreadsheet is a very useful historical record but that's about it.
Also not every ship that loads at Shanghai South is a Tesla vessel which some self-styled 'Tesla shipping experts' have yet to realise.
These sites do no research and just raise false hopes. This thread named all the ships calling at Shanghai South before they docked there - no other website/ twitter/foreign threads did that. (or rather did it before me - they do use this thread as a source)
There is a lot of rubbish spouted on t'interweb, (some of which you have to pay for) I do try and filter it.

Last edited:
Unfortuneately he's talking complete rubbish in that video! Do take it all with a large pinch of salt.
All the ships mentioned above I have reported on, at the time.
DREAM DIAMOND and GLOVIS CARDINAL departed Pier 80 to S Korea and Taiwan respectively, not to Europe. I also named these ships before any other website or shipping expert. (Thanks to my SF dog walker!)
I am very aware of Franco's site (I show a link to it in the 1st post on this thread) however again that site has been using dubious sources - it is the source of the HYPERION RAY to Israel rumour which I saw no evidence of, and we now know to be completely wrong. He still hasn't corrected it. Franco also produces a map showing the ship's locations - it's not based on satellite data and can be days out of date.
No evidence has yet to surface that MSC IMMACOLATA is a Tesla vessel - she is listed solely because she followed SFL Composer into Shanghai South and there were a lot of Teslas waiting in the car parks. That's not good enough. She may well turn out to be a Tesla vessel but I have been bitten before by the "customer in France" line and it won't happen again.
Franco is not the worst, by far, and his spreadsheet is a very useful historical record but that's about it.
Also not every ship that loads at Shanghai South is a Tesla vessel which some self-styled 'Tesla shipping experts' have yet to realise.
These sites do no research and just raise false hopes.
There is a lot of rubbish spouted on t'interweb, (some of which you have to pay for) I do try and filter it.
...and for that we are all very grateful. There is enough fake news floating around. Thanks for your diligence and expertise!

The BBC have a documentary catchily titled "Why ships crash" on the iPlayer.
It gives the Egyptian version of events of the EVER GIVEN Suez canal debacle.
If you ignore the Egyptian PR and the description MODERN EXPRESS incident where the wind blew the ship over (Really?) there is a good description of Bank Effect and Bank Cushion Effect which undoubtedly led to the ship spearing into the side of the canal. This is a well-known phenomenon -more info here if you are interested.
All in all a good 5 minutes in an otherwise appalling 'factual' 60 minute documentary.
What has happened to the BBC?

It also touched on the bizarre ancient practices of marine cargo insurance - now that would be an interesting documentary.
It's a way too complicated subject for me to comprehend.

Last edited:
The BBC have a documentary catchily titled "Why ships crash" on the iPlayer.
It gives the Egyptian version of events of the EVER GIVEN Suez canal debacle.
If you ignore the Egyptian PR and the description MODERN EXPRESS incident where the wind blew the ship over (Really?) there is a good description of Bank Effect and Bank Cushion Effect which undoubtedly led to the ship spearing into the side of the canal. This is a well-known phenomenon -more info here if you are interested.
All in all a good 5 minutes in an otherwise appalling 'factual' 60 minute documentary.
What has happened to the BBC?

It also touched on the bizarre ancient practices of marine cargo insurance - now that would be an interesting documentary.
It's a way too complicated subject for me to comprehend.

sounds like the average episode of Horizon..

GRANDE CALIFORNIA is making her way into Southampton. Watch here

Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 07.16.47.png

Status
Not open for further replies.