Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope one of those is mine. Not because I am impatient but because I don't want one built at 3am 16 hours into an 18 hour catch-up shift when the factory re-opens. I like to have brake pads on ALL my wheels. Ideally two per wheel
Giga-shanghai works 24/7 once open, 2 x 12 hour shifts each day so no way to have catch-up shifts. Best production rate so far is about 2,300 cars per day or 16,000 per week so perhaps they can improve efficiency (as they are constantly trying to do) and get a few more cars made each shift, but there is no way to catch-up for the lost production. The cars that were not made are simply gone from Q2 totals. :(

Hi everyone! Welcome to Q2.
OK So I have identified my first suspect ship for Q2!
The trouble is turning on/off ships is not as easy(?) as closing down a car factory.
The ships will have been booked and they will turn up. There is a bit of wiggle room but each charter contract comes with a handful of lawyers.
Anyway I suspect the first ship is about to arrive. She is presently anchored offshore.
RCC AMERICA
She could still turn out to not be a Tesla ship but she is ticking so many boxes on my score sheet that I'm prepared to show my hand.
If she is a Tesla ship will she depart empty/half full? Will she wait for production to resume?
Who knows?
I'm keeping my eye on her. Hurry up and wait....
Hey @Mr Miserable,

Thanks for the RCC AMERICA tip off. The question, burning one is what do you make of AN JI 24 ? This doesn't sound like the usual named ones we have become familiar with, but, it's still sparking interest here, even if we're off key.

She could also be a Tesla ship but not one heading for EU/UK but for South Korea.
I'm keeping my eye on her. Hurry up and wait....
Ah that's a bummer, it could mean that if it is a Tesla ship, it may scrape the currently made RHD vehicles in to another market (aka Korea). We ofc have no way of knowing if the already made cars are left or right drive anyway, but if going to Korea would be RHD, right? Well, unless someone is walking their dog, or flying a drone we'll never really know :D
PS if you see a picture of this ship you will see that she was formerly HOEGH AMERICA. If you look for a recent picture of the ship you will see the word HOEGH has been painted out - she is no longer a HOEGH vessel.
Ahhh HOEGH, there's a familiar name.

It's official, I'm impatiently patient. 🤣😂

You're not picking up at Bluewater by any chance are you? 🍻
I am indeed! My ideal pickup date (the one where all stars will have to align) is 28th of May. But, if my EDD gets pushed drastically due to complications coming out of Shanghai, I may do the old trick of checking inventory as deliveries start to take place later this month/early May - even if that means having to travel further out to pick it up.

Will be watching this thread like a hawk! 🚢🚙🦅

Reactions: Snowy77
MORNING CLARA is currently loading in Shanghai.
She is off to Australia and normally I would suggest she would be carrying a decent amount of Teslas (amongst others- it's a scheduled service) however for this voyage I suspect she might be a little light.
The next opportunity for Australia is probably MORNING CRYSTAL on 20 April - let's hope that production will have been fully restored by then..

@Mr Miserable - I doff my cap to you sir, and promise not to begin depositing the names of ships in the general vicinity of Shanghai, but any thoughts any thoughts on Niagara Highway? Think it may have delivered VWs in the past so quite possibly another red herring but got to pass the time somehow 😁
Sorry to disappoint...

I can't make my mind up yet about GRAND VICTORY if that's any help.

Hi All. Frustrated and impatient. Having had a M3 Performance that had to go back (company car) I ordered a M3 LR on Christmas Eve through Salary Sacrifice but still haven't had any update on delivery dates or a VIN appear on the App. Am i doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.