Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently waiting for my 3rd Tesla delivery and have been through the pain you are all going through.
On my last order which was a Model 3 Performance it took 6 months to come from order which sent me nuts 🥜 and I was clinging into any positive posts on this site from MR M reference potential delivery dates into Southampton.
I have to say on the previous 2 deliveries he got it right both times with great accuracy. He knows his stuff and will give you all the info you require when it happens.

Through my experience this is what you can expect to happen.

Once the ship leaves Shanghai you will get a text early into the ships journey stating your order has now been allocated to a car and it usually has a Vin number on the text. From you receiving the text to you collecting the car is normally 4-5 weeks. I got a text on both occasions once the ship was through the Panama Canal with a definitive delivery date.
If a ship sailed from Shanghai today you would be collecting your car from around 17th -24th of May depending where you are in the UK.

As I’m writing this mail the news has stated they are relaxing some of the covid restrictions in certain areas of Shanghai.

Hope this helps as you are all going through what I went through on my first delivery. All I can say is the wait will be worth it and you well never own a better car in your life.

Delays are clearly unavoidable now but looks like there could be a change of tone/policy on the way that will help the people of Shanghai and in time the wider economy Shanghai eases lockdown in some areas despite record COVID infections
I really hope they ease their restrictions soon (for the sake of the peoples sanity over there.... and ok for my feeble desire of wanting a car sooner, I admit).

I was just speaking with my colleague who sits in Shanghai. She was saying that things really are as dire as they appear on the news. Many people who aren't fortunate to be able to work from home and get continual income, are really struggling. Obviously, this impacts most of the lower class which, unfortunately in society, it is those that are less fortunate that are the first to be impacted negatively in any crisis.

The rule of compounds to remain shut if there are any covid cases after a nucleic test remains in place. If there's even one case in a compound, there's another 14 day lockdown... So unless the officials really start to put easements on these measures (which the article suggest they might be doing), I can't imagine the factory opening any time soon since it will mean that workers from all compounds be allowed back to work. I'm not sure what the minimum number of people it takes to operate the factory, but I'm sure it's not a small percentage.

I really hope they ease their restrictions soon (for the sake of the peoples sanity over there.... and ok for my feeble desire of wanting a car sooner, I admit).

I was just speaking with my colleague who sits in Shanghai. She was saying that things really are as dire as they appear on the news. Many people who aren't fortunate to be able to work from home and get continual income, are really struggling. Obviously, this impacts most of the lower class which, unfortunately in society, it is those that are less fortunate that are the first to be impacted negatively in any crisis.

The rule of compounds to remain shut if there are any covid cases after a nucleic test remains in place. If there's even one case in a compound, there's another 14 day lockdown... So unless the officials really start to put easements on these measures (which the article suggest they might be doing), I can't imagine the factory opening any time soon since it will mean that workers from all compounds be allowed back to work. I'm not sure what the minimum number of people it takes to operate the factory, but I'm sure it's not a small percentage.

They really are crazy over the top restrictions, they haven't had one single covid related death in the entire time either.

As mentioned above, RCC AMERICA is heading to S Korea.
As far as I can determine, there's nothing else on the horizon at the moment and with the GF closed it might be a long wait.

Over in San Francisco, GRAND PACE is going to hold offshore until Monday. Again, I'm pretty sure that she will likely be heading to Taiwan.

Hi @Mr Miserable

RCC America is due at Southampton on 27th May 2022. Then due at Antwerp on 30th May 2022. Not stopping at Zeebrugge. If that info helps.

Last edited:
Hi @Mr Miserable

RCC America is due at Southampton on 27th May 2022. Then due at Antwerp on 30th May 2022. Not stopping at Zeebrugge. If that info helps.
That's bound to spark up some interest, especially if Shanghai gets its gear on.

The question is, will she already be carring RHD cars, or will she need to swing back to Shanghai? I thought she was off to S Korea?

EDIT: OH Crikey she's already in S Korea! 🤣

Reactions: RPA335
Status
Not open for further replies.