Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

Teslarati have reported that it will be closed until at least Thursday. 12 days of Q2 production lost as a minimum and the UK unlikely to see significant deliveries - if any - before mid May.

My date was pushed back from May 8 - June 6 to May 19 - June 11 recently. That suggests an effort to catch up with UK deliveries to me as the window is smaller.
My window went from 9-23 May to 11 May-3 June so not all got smaller windows.

Should we be watching these?

Current location - Shanghai
- Viking Sea
- Pleiades Spirit
- Sunshine Ace

Current location - Korea
- Asian Emperor
- Glovis Condor
- Carmen
I'm not too sure about VIKING SEA at the moment. Normally I would say she is too small but with the GF being closed there won't be much to move.
The other two you can ignore.

Of the Korean ships, although she will eventually arrive in Zeebrugge at the end of May, we can ignore CARMEN since she is off to the USA.
The other two, might be worth keeping an eye on. ASIAN EMPEROR is one of many ships whose schedule has been changed recently probably as a result of the Shanghai situation. She was originally due to call at Shanghai on 6 May but that has been cancelled.
I still reckon RCC AMERICA is worth watching - she may return once she has done a crew change in S Korea.

The fact remains that with the GF being closed there will be nothing to ship.
Looking at the current awful situation in Shanghai unfortunately I can't see the factory opening anytime soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: delta0
I'm still hoping some of us will see that May delivery, especially since the Tesla website is still giving an estimate of May for the particular spec of Y i ordered.
I, too, want to remain optimistic!

I know Tesla sales reps are not always the best source of information, but as another on here commented, their rep advised that Tesla will update everyone’s EDD’s once the factory comes back online. I don’t want to believe it, of course, because I still want to believe that my May/June is still a reality, but I just can’t imagine there not being a delay with the factory shutdown. Considering there looks like no potential Tesla ships, it’s looking like the violin club will continue to grow over the next few weeks.

I sincerely hope I’m wrong and that Tesla pull a May delivery out of the hat!

Let's scotch this nonsense now.
GRAND PACE is not coming to EU or UK.
If you look back through this and the 2021 thread you will discover that it is routine for a couple of ships to call at Pier 80 in the first month of the quarter and depart to the Far East, generally Taiwan.
Shipping related change of topic then...

Does anyone have a MS or MX on order in UK/EU, or anywhere non-US, any estimated delivery dates? and Mr. M. How do you think they will make their way from Fremont to... Whereever really?

Should I change my pick up location from BW to Z Southampton? That way I would receive it quicker if the sentiment is that it takes weeks to get the Teslas from Southampton to BW? It won't put me down in the pecking order right I'm not changing any configuration..?

Should I change my pick up location from BW to Z Southampton? That way I would receive it quicker if the sentiment is that it takes weeks to get the Teslas from Southampton to BW? It won't put me down in the pecking order right I'm not changing any configuration..?
This will be my 3rd delivery of a Tesla and I’ve collected all 3 from Bluewater. In my experience the difference between potential swooping between the two collection sites is anywhere between 24 and 48 hours I’ve never heard of anyone collecting weeks after.

Reactions: frasax
Status
Not open for further replies.