Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s alot of ships waiting to go into Shanghai..
And I mean alot.
Yes but there are only about 8 car carriers hiding amongst that lot.
There are delays for RoRos docking in Shanghai at the moment. The turnround times have doubled since the lockdown - it's hard to put a precise figure on it because the port movements are limited by the tides, but just looking at my database of RoRo movements and comparing it with previous months it's considerably smaller. Many ships which should have called at Shanghai have diverted to other ports and so those anchored offshore and waiting patiently for a berth to become free really must have a good reason to hang around. Looking at those waiting and comparing to their original schedules, I would say delays can be up to 7 days at the moment.
One ship I've been watching is DON JUAN. She was originally scheduled to depart to Brisbane Sydney and Melbourne on 18 Apr. There was a very good chance that she would have been transporting Teslas - almost a certainty, however her schedule has just been changed and she is now not due into Shanghai until 24 Apr and her itinerary is now changed to it looking very unlikely that she will have Teslas for Australia onboard.
On the other hand TURANDOT which is due in on 01 May has also had her itinerary changed and she is now scheduled to depart to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne and becomes a prime suspect for the first of two shipments of Teslas to Australia in Q2.
So things are happening and it looks like ships are being organised.....

Last edited:
There are delays for RoRos docking in Shanghai at the moment. The turnround times have doubled since the lockdown - it's hard to put a precise figure on it because the port movements are limited by the tides, but just looking at my database of RoRo movements and comparing it with previous months it's considerably smaller. Many ships which should have called at Shanghai have diverted to other ports and so those anchored offshore and waiting patiently for a berth to become free really must have a good reason to hang around. Looking at those waiting and comparing to their original schedules, I would say delays can be up to 7 days at the moment.
One ship I've been watching is DON JUAN. She was originally scheduled to depart to Brisbane Sydney and Melbourne on 18 Apr. There was a very good chance that she would have been transporting Teslas - almost a certainty, however her schedule has just been changed and she is now not due into Shanghai until 24 Apr and her itinerary is now changed to it looking very unlikely that she will have Teslas for Australia onboard.
On the other hand TURANDOT which is due in on 01 May has also had her itinerary changed and she is now scheduled to depart to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne and becomes a prime suspect for the first of two shipments of Teslas to Australia in Q2.
Amazing work. Thank you.

Hi! Does anyone know where the shipments to Sweden is arriving? I'm waiting for a YLR and is depending on rules for environment support (sounds 7k euros) from government that possibly expires by end of June... delivery before then is therefore crucial...

I think @matjo690 was asking where Sweden cars arrive, meaning where Tesla ships unload them 😅.

I actually have the same question about Poland - do they come through Zeebrugge?
There are two points of entry for Europe, Zeebrugge in Belgium and Koper, Slovenia.
I'm not sure how the cars get to Sweden - they have definitely gone by rail in the past but I also suspect they have been shipped via Walhamn and Malmo more recently.
As for Poland, I have no idea how they get from Zeebrugge.

Don Juan has docked and Bess now seems full (at maximum draught). Wonder what cars (not Tesla’s) she is full of?

Status
Not open for further replies.