Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am half expecting the call that says can you collect your car from Southampton at 23:55 on the 30th June instead of the NEC? if you can't we will give it to someone who can and you will have to wait until August/September.....
I ordered my car March the 9th and was matched On March 25th but due to the short notice couldn’t get the money released that quick. And they needed paying on the 29th for collection on the 30th. I was gutted as I wasn’t expecting the car that quick. I thought I would only have about 6 weeks to wait as my EED was early may. Then Shanghai closed down !!

Unless I read it wrong he didn’t refer to deliveries taking place in May. He said that cars would be matched in 2 weeks which usually happens when a ship departs.
From previous Tesla deliveries I got my Car matched 1st week On the the boats journey and when the boat passed the Suez Canal I got another text confirming delivery date. On both occasions from the ship leaving Shanghai to collecting my car took 4.5-5 weeks

I'm not sure finding this forum and the Marine Traffic app has made the waiting time go quicker but it has definitely become a bit of an obsession.....that said, the sea's around Shanghai have suddenly become very absent of any vehicle transport ships (except Bess) at a time when I am hoping for movement (I am about 5 weeks from the start of my delivery window)....torture!

I’m of the opinion I’ll get offered a delivery date sometime in June, and I suspect everyone else with a similar EDD (see my sig for details) is actually of similar mind, regardless of whether they’re hoping for a May delivery or not. Realistically I’m expecting the latter half of June too, but we’ll see. Money’s all sorted just waiting for the invoice to come and Tesla have confirmed they’re ready to match me.

That said I’m also not ruling out Tesla giving me a collection date/time change from the NEC to Southampton at a minute before midnight either!

Update this morning from lease company (Pink Car Leasing) (Ordered 23rd March) Location UK

Hello,

Your new TESLA MODEL Y HATCHBACK Long Range AWD 5dr Auto - Metallic - Deep blue is due to arrive at the dealership approximately 04/07/2022.

I expected the delay to be honest previous EDD was 28th May

Update this morning from lease company (Pink Car Leasing) (Ordered 23rd March) Location UK

Hello,

Your new TESLA MODEL Y HATCHBACK Long Range AWD 5dr Auto - Metallic - Deep blue is due to arrive at the dealership approximately 04/07/2022.

I expected the delay to be honest previous EDD was 28th May
That date is pretty unlikely, end of Jun more likely.

Reactions: Jonte73
I've just got an email from my Tesla dealership asking to confirm if I will be able to accept the delivery in Q2. This is quite unusual as Tesla Poland doesn't usually reach out until the car is assigned, but I think it shows that they expect at least some Model 3s to arrive this quarter.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Status
Not open for further replies.