Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an indication of when GRAND PAVO is due into Shanghai?
16 May So don't get too excited.
This ship ticks quite a few boxes and so is on my list of suspects but that's about it.
Crucially there is still nothing to get excited about.

VIKING ADVENTURE is presently on her way in to dock at the main Shanghai RoRo terminal. That's not a plus point in my opinion.
It's taking an age to load/unload there at the moment (presumably due to staff shortages) and so if she is alongside for more than 24 hrs that will be a plus point.

Last edited:
This ship ticks quite a few boxes and so is on my list of suspects but that's about it.

VIKING ADVENTURE is presently on her way in to dock at the main Shanghai RoRo terminal. That's not a plus point in my opinion.
It's taking an age to load/unload there at the moment (presumably due to staff shortages) and so if she is alongside for more than 24 hrs that will be a plus point.

Thanks @Mr Miserable - was more a case of getting a sense of when things might 'hot up', given there's such small amounts of shipping available in order to hit Tesla's Q2 dates.

Incidentally, did you know that tesla-info.com seem to have started putting the ship name on their inventory car pages ? I'm sure that's new, but apologies if this is already well-known information. I got quite the surprise to get pinged by Telegram just now with Model 3 availability stating that vehicle came in on GLOVIS SYMPHONY from China...

• Informative
Reactions: s88ats
Thanks @Mr Miserable - was more a case of getting a sense of when things might 'hot up', given there's such small amounts of shipping available in order to hit Tesla's Q2 dates.

Incidentally, did you know that tesla-info.com seem to have started putting the ship name on their inventory car pages ? I'm sure that's new, but apologies if this is already well-known information. I got quite the surprise to get pinged by Telegram just now with Model 3 availability stating that vehicle came in on GLOVIS SYMPHONY from China...
I didn't know that about tesla-info.com. Thanks for pointing it out. GLOVIS SYMPHONY arrived Southampton 17 Mar.

Reactions: Utumno

Viking Adventure off to Ningbo?

Attachments

• 6B2285EF-2699-405C-92FC-B5C06B2F4D69.png
    6B2285EF-2699-405C-92FC-B5C06B2F4D69.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 98
There is speculation that another ship is due to call at Pier 80 in San Francisco shortly.
2 ships per quarter from Pier 80 has been the normal expectation over the last year and since we have already seen 2 ships this quarter depart from Pier 80 to Taiwan, a third ship is an unexpected bonus.
I have yet to identify the ship and her destination but trailer loads of new Teslas have been seen entering the gates at Pier 80.

Just to cap any excitement, I very much doubt the ship will be heading to UK/EU.

Reactions: Zeit93 and Jonte73
There is speculation that another ship is due to call at Pier 80 in San Francisco shortly.
2 ships per quarter from Pier 80 has been the normal expectation over the last year and since we have already seen 2 ships this quarter depart from Pier 80 to Taiwan, a third ship is an unexpected bonus.
I have yet to identify the ship and her destination but trailer loads of new Teslas have been seen entering the gates at Pier 80.

Just to cap any excitement, I very much doubt the ship will be heading to UK/EU.
So do you think it is a possibility that they will just sell all the cars from Shanghai to the Asian Market and not bother with Europe in Q2? Does Europe really make that much difference to Tesla?

Status
Not open for further replies.