Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
…Speculation is these aren’t given out unless cars are being assigned to prevent expiry…
This is what Tesla advisor told me on the phone last week. My trade in is valid until mid May and I know now that I’m not going to receive my Tesla by then. Was asking if we can cancel so I can get a new one. He said that it doesn’t make sense now as I’m not going to get an offer until the car is assigned.

Speculation is these aren’t given out unless cars are being assigned to prevent expiry.

This is what Tesla advisor told me on the phone last week. My trade in is valid until mid May and I know now that I’m not going to receive my Tesla by then. Was asking if we can cancel so I can get a new one. He said that it doesn’t make sense now as I’m not going to get an offer until the car is assigned.
This might not be true. I ordered mine in March and received the trade-in stuff 5 days later. EDD is still May 22.

Reactions: indeniall
Yes, that’s because You lost your matched car. I had the same in february. I even got a Vin for a few days. But all of a sudden I got the ”false” back for almost a month more😕
I was never matched to a car, it had always shown as true until Friday. Also the trade-in valuations coming in for everyone over the last few days is also a sign things are moving.

We’re going off topic but there is a lot of correlation online that true = no vin. False = vin

I’m assuming their system has allocated cars, but not yet ready to push that update out to consumers yet.

1651590947930.png

Status
Not open for further replies.