Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re going off topic but there is a lot of correlation online that true = no vin. False = vin

I’m assuming their system has allocated cars, but not yet ready to push that update out to consumers yet.

View attachment 800064

My hope is that there's been some kind of VIN<>customer matching occur/occuring but that vehicles are awaiting loading onto a ship before VINs are released to customers. Should we all pipe down about this now (or take it to an order thread for further discussion!) until one of us actually gets a VIN or MrM's shadowy network get some positive shipping news?

The ship movements are not as predictable at the moment. I don’t think we can be sure there isn’t a ship moving already but neither can we be sure there is one either!
You mean the ships were predictable? What have I missed?
The factory was closed, there are no VINS, there is no mystery ship.

MrM's shadowy network get some positive shipping news?
I have really struggled to get any semblance of a shadowy network in Shanghai. In fact I have none. I do have several sources however they are irregular and don't seem able to respond as timely as I would like. At the moment there are severe restrictions on movement and so they can't help us at all. In any case I am very mindful that they have to be very careful in what they say/do in case their actions are misconstrued. I am also hoping they get through this pandemic unscathed unlike one of my Pier 80 sources who I belatedly discovered had sadly died in hospital back in April 2020. Lets just say that the situation in Shanghai could be a bit more serious than is being publicly advertised.

Model 3 MIC, have a look at Facebook Tesla model 3 owners group. 2 people already posted screenshots today
If a May delivery is likely then the ship will have departed some time ago. I would by now have expected to see a plethora of VIN allocations from UK and EU and I haven't seen any.
The ship many pinned their hopes on, VIKING ADVENTURE, remains anchored about 100 NM SW of the GF. (I've just checked - she's still there)
The wait continues.....

If a May delivery is likely then the ship will have departed some time ago. I would by now have expected to see a plethora of VIN allocations from UK and EU and I haven't seen any.
The ship many pinned their hopes on, VIKING ADVENTURE, remains anchored about 100 NM SW of the GF. (I've just checked - she's still there)
The wait continues.....
Talked with Tesla Austria 2 weeks ago - have an order for MYLR 19", white with black interrior for June /from Germany/ and the same car from Autria for July. The Tesla rep told me a car would be available late June.. And the month just started showing last week in the app.
Mr.M - how many ships usually arrive in Europe?

Talked with Tesla Austria 2 weeks ago - have an order for MYLR 19", white with black interrior for June /from Germany/ and the same car from Autria for July. The Tesla rep told me a car would be available late June.. And the month just started showing last week in the app.
Mr.M - how many ships usually arrive in Europe?
The answer to your question is 12 -15. However, even before the Shanghai lockdown hit, this quarter was forecast to have an unusually low number of ships. If we manage to get 5 ships it will be a miracle, 4 will be an achievement and 3 will be satisfactory.

There may be something on the way as many people have performance cars with EDD May. Someone posted on Facebook that it changed for him to May just today.
So sorry to be the prophet of doom but there simply won’t be any new cars collected in the month of may. As I’ve said on many messages,once a ship sails count 28 days ( rule of thumb ) then add on 2 -7 days depending on where you live for collection. If a ship had sailed
Mr M would have informed you !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.