Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting these.
I've used imagery in the past, specifically for monitoring Pier 80, but found that the dates they say the images were taken did not actually correspond with known ship movements. I can't explain why but often they were days out.
Due to the sparcity of sources in Shanghai I looked at using it as a possible confirmatory source but the cost of reliable high quality stuff is prohibitive.
If anyone has any expertise in this area and access to the good stuff please PM me!
I can share it publicly, the data is publicly available 😛. Here's the link to a satellite view of the Shanghai factory. The dates are 100% correct as it's the official application created by the European Space Agency, which are the owners of the satellite itself. Only Sentinel-2 is of any interest to us as it's the only one that captures hi-res images.

New images of the Giga Shanghai are usually published every two days at about 1 AM UTC. I recommend using the L1C layer — it provides the most realistic colors.

I can share it publicly, the data is publicly available 😛. Here's the link to a satellite view of the Shanghai factory. The dates are 100% correct as it's the official application created by the European Space Agency, which are the owners of the satellite itself. Only Sentinel-2 is of any interest to us as it's the only one that captures hi-res images.

New images of the Giga Shanghai are usually published every two days at about 1 AM UTC. I recommend using the L1C layer — it provides the most realistic colors.

1652085523138.png

Not quite there yet with mine, I am kinda expecting Snowy will be on the ship. No VIN allocated.

Interestingly though, I just realised that our commodities systems allow tracking of any / all ships, with alerts and scheduling using the premium shipping database. I will be playing about with this when I have time. Essentially it scans every itiniery of registrations, and seeming can set alerts to notify if a boat from Shanghai intends to head for Southampton or [insert dock here].

Just been snooping at GLOVIS SPLENDOR travel history.. :D I should be working but getting distracted. Naughty boy.

1652092203946.png

anyway I have work to do, i'll continue playing later 😁

THEBEN is due to arrive at Shanghai South to load on 14 May and depart on 16 May.
For some time, I have stated that this will be a ship of interest.
I was not totally bowled over because of certain aspects of her itinerary did not ring true for a 'Tesla' vessel however her itinerary has now been tweaked and those troubling aspects have been removed and so my concerns about this ship are now hard to justify.
She is due to arrive in Southampton on 14 Jun and Zeebrugge on 15 Jun.

THEBEN is due to arrive at Shanghai South to load on 14 May and depart on 16 May.
I was not totally bowled over because of certain aspects of her itinerary did not ring true for a 'Tesla' vessel however her itinerary has now been tweaked and those troubling aspects have been removed and so my concerns about this ship are now hard to justify.
how many cars can Theben carry?

My date hasn’t narrowed. It moved from May - June to June 10-30 about 3 weeks ago and stayed there since.

I saw someone post with a narrowed date 2 days ago with the exact same config as me who ordered after me.

Are there any ships for Koper on the horizon? Also, do you know if Tesla Austria gets their cars only via Koper, or is it possible they come from Zeebrugge as well? I know this is a UK thread, so sorry, if it's inappropriate question, just ignore. Kind regards and thank you

Reactions: Wattsisname

Possible first boat to the UK? May be very few for Q2 overall then it seems

Are there any ships for Koper on the horizon? Also, do you know if Tesla Austria gets their cars only via Koper, or is it possible they come from Zeebrugge as well? I know this is a UK thread, so sorry, if it's inappropriate question, just ignore. Kind regards and thank you

Not ship related, sorry.. But Austria related though.
I saw a pic in a forum of a truck loaded with MYP from Berlin heading to Austria..

Another vessel MORNING PEACE should follow THEBEN.
She is due to arrive at Shanghai South on 18 May and depart on 20 May.
ETA Southampton on 19 Jun and Zeebrugge on 21 Jun.
I still have some reservations about her and am not convinced she is a Tesla vessel although I can't discount that she may carry some Teslas.
It's early days and things may change.......

Another vessel MORNING PEACE should follow THEBEN.
She is due to arrive at Shanghai South on 18 May and depart on 20 May.
ETA Southampton on 19 Jun and Zeebrugge on 21 Jun.
I still have some reservations about her and am not convinced she is a Tesla vessel although I can't discount that she may carry some Teslas.
It's early days and things may change.......
Why only Zeebrugge and not Koper?

Status
Not open for further replies.