Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any estimates or possible ships for Model 3s from Shanghai to Japan? Everyone on the Japanese Tesla forum were feeling early June vibes but no actual ship to track 😢
Identifying a Tesla shipment from Shanghai to Japan has been difficult because of the generally low sales numbers. Last quarter seemed to be the exception when it seems that sales suddenly exploded and it was easy to identify the shipment.
Join the community here and watch for a ship to depart from Shanghai South to Yokohama. Probably towards the end of this month after the last ship to Europe has departed would be my guess.

Glovis Splendour has the same draft since coming in. Does that mean she is not loaded at all since arriving?
The draft figures on the apps have been proved to be pretty unreliable. A couple of years ago a helpful chap on this forum started to try and estimate the number of cars being shipped using a formula from the draft figures and size of ship but it didn't work. The exception seemed to be the draft figures shown on the Southampton VTS tables - they seemed to provide a reasonable correlation but it was never refined enough to produce proven accurate figures. As mentioned above, ballast is a hidden variable that screws it all up although in a RoRo ballast is generally used to keep the vessel trimmed. Nobody wants to pay for transporting 'dead cargo' and so just enough ballast to ensure stability and required draft is ever loaded.

Last edited:
And now? An other *sugar* coming:-(

Attachments

• E42F8EC8-7226-46D7-94F2-103186F6B1A1.png
    E42F8EC8-7226-46D7-94F2-103186F6B1A1.png
    863.7 KB · Views: 104
And now? An other *sugar* coming:-(
Interesting, Tesla have denied a full shutdown and has just blamed supply problems

Interesting, Tesla have denied a full shutdown and has just blamed supply problems

Wait and see

😂If we did, then this thread would cease to exist and we would have to fret about stuff that really matters😀. ..and I'm not up for that!😱

Now then, let me check my EDD...
By definition we have all lost the plot

Frantically checking the one thing (EDD) that has very little relevance to anything (including delivery of our Tesla’s)

Status
Not open for further replies.