Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all, Saturday 14 May Evening Update

As expected THEBEN docked at Shanghai South.
This doesn't necessarily mean that she is loading Teslas though but I understand the desire to think that she is.
This is why some video evidence would be really helpful.
Her schedule has her departing at 21:30 on Sunday and arriving in Zeebrugge on the evening of 14 Jun.
Her schedule implies that she may already be half-full of S Korean vehicles. This is not normally the case for Tesla shipments.
One thing looks pretty certain though she is not coming to the UK.
Let's start a sweep to see how long it takes for 'a French customer confirms THEBEN' post!

RCC EUROPE is very interesting. She should arrive off Shanghai on Tuesday morning and the interesting thing about her is that she has been diverted into Shanghai. At the moment RoRos are being diverted away from Shanghai, so this is unusual. I don't know where she was originally heading but it was probably S Korea until yesterday. I haven't yet found an itinerary for her and she is operated by a company that regularly moves Teslas. Worth keeping an eye on....

MORNING PEACE. I just can't get excited about her - too many ill-fitting pieces in the jigsaw. I know she is heading to Southampton from Shanghai but that doesn't make her a Tesla vessel.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is however a Tesla vessel and she is making excellent progress across the South China Sea. She is currently making just over 17kts in good weather enroute to Suez. If she is heading to Koper she should arrive there around 02 Jun.

Glovis Splendor.png

This doesn't necessarily mean that she is loading Teslas though but I understand the desire to think that she is.
Her schedule has her departing at 21:30 on Sunday and arriving in Zeebrugge on the evening of 14 Jun.
Her schedule implies that she may already be half-full of S Korean vehicles. This is not normally the case for Tesla shipments.
Let's start a sweep to see how long it takes for 'a French customer confirms THEBEN' post!

RCC EUROPE is very interesting. She should arrive off Shanghai on Tuesday morning and the interesting thing about her is that she has been diverted into Shanghai. At the moment RoRos are being diverted away from Shanghai, so this is unusual. I don't know where she was originally heading but it was probably S Korea until yesterday. I haven't yet found an itinerary for her and she is operated by a company that regularly moves Teslas. Worth keeping an eye on....

MORNING PEACE. I just can't get excited about her - too many ill-fitting pieces in the jigsaw. I know she is heading to Southampton from Shanghai but that doesn't make her a Tesla vessel.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is however a Tesla vessel and she is making excellent progress across the South China Sea. She is currently making just over 17kts in good weather enroute to Suez. If she is heading to Koper she should arrive there around 02 Jun.

View attachment 804278
Surely @Mr Miserable the Shanghai factory have run out of cars to ship once Theben has departed?

O
Surely @Mr Miserable the Shanghai factory have run out of cars to ship once Theben has departed?
afaik production slowed to 200 cars on Tuesday and could have completely stopped for a few days. However some people who log this stuff have tweeted that the several days downtime was due to a covid case in the wiring supplier. This apparently has been dealt with, factory closed and mass testing. Not quite sure how this happened in a closed loop system. Anyway, after mass testing the factory output has resumed.

Considering they can churn out 50-70k cars per month, it’s will feasible even at half capacity they could easily fill a ship in a week, maybe even 2 ships. The next one might be due early next week, by then there could be 4k cars ready for export.

As nearly everyone’s dates have reverted to placeholders, this is either a sign they are trying to pull something out of the bag last minute.

Optimistic but possible.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the date changes were due to a reshuffle where they will fulfill local and lhd orders. Then do a big push to clear RHD backlog for Uk and start delivering to AUS / NZ.

My speculation : if the factory is making cars for export, but product suppliers are late (e.g. the mention of wiring loom delays), then Tesla may have to complete the current half-built / scheduled cars before reverting to normal schedule. Thus those cars may fail to make the end of quarter cut, and a late-boat would be needed - i.e. those late-build cars will be handed over in July

we may perhaps hope for a busier than usual start to Q3 due to catch up, but also Tesla will need to catch up to other markets too depending on when their production was impacted.

Are we able to estimate based on factory closure times, usual lead times for ships etc - if that closure will have been impacting UK/EU deliveries, other countries, or a mix of both?

View attachment 804278

May not be accurate now but RCC Europe is on this. It suggests it will be by the UK Mid-late June.

RCC Europe

Voyage: RCE024

Max height: TBC

Sheerness receiving dates: Opens NOW until Friday 17.06.2022 until 16:30hrs very latest – no exceptions

From 2nd June – 5th June port will be closed due to bank holiday

(closed Sundays & Bank Holidays, Limited Opening on Saturday Mornings)

ETS Sheerness: 23.06.2022

Teesport receiving dates: Opens NOW until Monday 20.06.2022 until 14:00hrs latest

FROM 1st March – 31st May Teesport will receive Monday to Friday 06:00-14:00hrs ONLY

From 2nd June – 5th June port will be closed due to bank holiday

(closed Saturdays & Bank Holidays)

ETS Teesport: 26.06.2022

E.T.A. Dakar: 08.07.2022

E.T.A. Conakry: 10.07.2022

E.T.A. Abidjan: 13.07.2022

E.T.A Tema: 15.07.2022

E.T.A. Walvis Bay: 22.07.2022

E.T.A. Durban: 26.07.2022

Secondly, this also has its stops suggesting Bremerhaven 20th June. Could she swing by Southampton on the way there:

Last edited:
I think with so few RHD cars coming over that was going to happen. Either they are going on another ship or they will be ferried over from Zeebrugge.
The only potential suitors if this doesn't happen as mentioned are GRAND PAVO which is also calling at Zeebrugge and is currently in Korea, ETA for Shanghai tomorrow

And MORNING PEACE which Mr M wasn't convinced with, which is a direct Shanghai to Southampton.

Not looking good for us here in the UK

Reactions: delta0
Status
Not open for further replies.