Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed yes, but optimistically, we know that some RHD made it onto the last ship THEBEN so they have switched to RHD output.

1 ship has recently departed RCC Europe heading to Southhampton which could be all RHD and another 1 if not 2 are loading. Optimistically there could be around 8k RHD incoming, if not slightly more. We can only hope and will find out by Friday.

You would also hope that MIG MYLR would be scheduled to pick up some slack for the EU in Q3 too so Shanghai can focus on local markets and RHD in APAC and UK. You would also hope they would plan for this and pick up pace for RHD. This post was sponsored by hope.
It clearly makes no environmental sense for Tesla to ship cars halfway around the world from China to the UK. The home market for China is LHD and if Giga Shanghai can easily switch from LHD to RHD it shouldn't be difficult for Giga Berlin to make the switch.

Reactions: MrMoonUK
@Mr Miserable

Probably means nothing but Stena Glovis have just updated their Sailing Schedule CW 20 / 2022. It has Glovis Splendor stopping at Southampton 16.06.2022 following Bremerhaven 12.06.2022. I assume she will be passing the UK prior to the Bremerhaven 12.06.2022 stop.

@Mr Miserable

Given the VINs allocated today with EDDs starting 14th June, could it mean there are UK cars on Glovis Splendor and it will make a stop after Koper on its way to Bremerhaven (Due there on 12th June 2022). That would link with the, from 14th June EDDs that current VIN holders have.

Moderator note: I'm getting several people/posts, usually with little or no history on here, posting a supposed Tesla link that is tripping out this sites automated warning systems. I'm not approving any posts with this strange "this is a better way to check on Teslas website" link until I have more info from a trusted source (no disrespect meant to the posters who have submitted the link). While I understand the desire to know, there's already a way to check if a VIN is allocated. Either way, posting the link on the shipping thread is ignoring a lot of requests to keep this thread focused. Sorry if this post is a little cryptic.

Just received this from my lease company .... the info contained might be useful here!

Screenshot_20220524-155937_Gmail.jpg

and good news!!! the Morning Peace seems to have technical problem and taking Korea direction now, she stops for a while and then made a 180 degrees toward Korea, she spends 17 days a shipyard perhaps for repair and now seems to get problems??? just asking??? grrrrrrrr it was full of RHD cars ;-)
Morning Peace's track. Not looking good and as you say is now heading for S Korea.

Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 17.36.35.png

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
Can’t wait for @Mr Miserable’s 9 pm update. With all those VIN allocations today would certainly want to know if it’s one ship for June and one for July deliveries. Is it TheBen with some UK load, is RCC Europe a confirmed Tesla ship… to many unknowns.

I've just received VIN
MY LR Red 19"default rims + White interior + EAP - Romania
Order August 2021

EDD May 29 - June 12

I did not have any EDD in the last few months and until yesterday I could still change my order; I was mentally preparing for the next batch (September).

I think is on the Glovis Splendor and will come via Koper Slovenia, but not until after the 15 of June.

Something happening? Tuesday 24 May Update

@Frizzy has done wonders with the tracking chart however for the moment it's manually updated. It's work in progress and I'm sure we will see it improve over the days /weeks ahead. It has had an enormous number of views over the last 24 hrs. Big hand for @frizzy👏👏

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is now established in the calm seas of the Gulf of Aden and is tanking it at nearly 18 kts. She is due to arrive in Koper on 01 Jun. Every ship that has done the Shanghai - Koper run previously has terminated its charter at Koper. It would therefore be very unusual for her to carry on to Southampton after Koper. I can understand why some might suggest she will head to Southampton (It seems very early in the quarter for a regular Koper run) but it just doesn't make sense to me unless she is just offloading cars to Romania that must be delivered by the end of June for commercial reasons. It's about an 8 day voyage to Southampton and so a possible ETA of 10 Jun.

Glovis Splendor Leg 2.png

THEBEN is now in a choppy Bay of Bengal and her speed has dropped accordingly to just over 14kts. It's not a problem as she has plenty of opportunity to catch up if she has to slow. She is heading direct to Zeebrugge with an ETA of 14 Jun. She was originally going to call at Southampton on the way but this was cancelled. Any RHD cars on her will be heading to Ireland.

Theben leg 2.png

RCC EUROPE will arrive off Singapore tomorrow night I'm assuming for a refuel. She remains my favourite to be heading to Southampton (around 17 Jun) probably followed by Zeebrugge around 19 Jun.

RCC Eur Leg 1.png

HORIZON LEADER is now heading in to load at Shanghai South. If she departs on 27th she could make it to Southampton by 24 Jun at normal cruising speeds, a couple of days earlier if she engages ludicrous mode (and doubles her fuel consumption!).

MORNING PEACE You will hopefully have seen my post from earlier that shows that MORNING PEACE has turned around and is now heading for Mokpo S Korea at 9kts. It looks very much like a technical problem. As you are aware I don't think she was carrying Teslas in any case but if she were, they would now be July deliveries. For the moment though, forget her.

Depending on how production goes we may still see another departure to Koper after HORIZON LEADER departs.

Something happening? Tuesday 24 May Update

@Frizzy has done wonders with the tracking chart however for the moment it's manually updated. It's work in progress and I'm sure we will see it improve over the days /weeks ahead. It has had an enormous number of views over the last 24 hrs. Big hand for @frizzy👏👏

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is now established in the calm seas of the Gulf of Aden and is tanking it at nearly 18 kts. She is due to arrive in Koper on 01 Jun. Every ship that has done the Shanghai - Koper run previously has terminated its charter at Koper. It would therefore be very unusual for her to carry on to Southampton after Koper. I can understand why some might suggest she will head to Southampton (It seems very early in the quarter for a regular Koper run) but it just doesn't make sense to me unless she is just offloading cars to Romania that must be delivered by the end of June for commercial reasons. It's about an 8 day voyage to Southampton and so a possible ETA of 10 Jun.

View attachment 808290

THEBEN is now in a choppy Bay of Bengal and her speed has dropped accordingly to just over 14kts. It's not a problem as she has plenty of opportunity to catch up if she has to slow. She is heading direct to Zeebrugge with an ETA of 14 Jun. She was originally going to call at Southampton on the way but this was cancelled. Any RHD cars on her will be heading to Ireland.

View attachment 808291

RCC EUROPE will arrive off Singapore tomorrow night I'm assuming for a refuel. She remains my favourite to be heading to Southampton (around 17 Jun) probably followed by Zeebrugge around 19 Jun.

View attachment 808280

HORIZON LEADER is now heading in to load at Shanghai South. If she departs on 27th she could make it to Southampton by 24 Jun at normal cruising speeds, a couple of days earlier if she engages ludicrous mode (and doubles her fuel consumption!).

MORNING PEACE You will hopefully have seen my post from earlier that shows that MORNING PEACE has turned around and is now heading for Mokpo S Korea at 9kts. It looks very much like a technical problem. As you are aware I don't think she was carrying Teslas in any case but if she were, they would now be July deliveries. For the moment though, forget her.

Depending on how production goes we may still see another departure to Koper after HORIZON LEADER departs.

Would it be unusual for VINs to be assigned from a boat as early in its voyage as RCC EUROPE?

Reactions: delta0
Status
Not open for further replies.