Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The list is real?
One week ago I called my local Tesla centre, they said that don't have any list, that this is pure algorithm, they only see if somebody get vin - and that's it. They don't know who will be first, and who will be last, and they even can't predict...

When I gave them my number they only can see that I don't have vin, and that's it.
Even in the app/web account I don't have any estimated time of delivery (never had), and I ordered Tesla 3 LR in September 2021...
Tesla don't build to order, they build whatever is convenient for the GF and then they match the orders once the cars are on the ship. So it's true to say there isn't a list because they can't predict what the GF will produce but nevertheless if you have outstanding orders for 15,000 cars and a shipment of 4,500 is on the way you can be pretty sure that there will be 10,500 disappointed punters who will not get delivery this quarter. Once the matching is done it will be fairly obvious who they are.

You must have a really great eyesight.. I’ve merely been trying to figure out if those were Black or MSM for the past 5 minutes…
27" monitors.. how do they sound? Probably annoying my husband writing on the kbd tonight, instead of my phone.. but this video is perfect news, as I'm awaiting two orders/currently no VINs and hoping they appear soon/, per my signature.
Sorry for the spam!

• Funny
Reactions: JOL1 and mars101
It also depends if this was filmed near the start or end of loading, as RHD would be loaded last if the LHDs going to zebrugge as stop at Southampton first
That we don't know. You can ask on twitter :)
Edit1:+ Trina is still docked and you can see her in the video loaded
Edit 2: you can see they are different loadings, because next to Trina once there is a ship, next second no ship.

Last edited:
They do know that the first shipment for Q3 will not arrive until August and they also know how far down the list you are to say that you are unlikely to get a delivery prior to the end of this quarter. Bear in mind 'all the boats coming in' is only a handful compared to a normal quarter of a dozen or so. I think they are being pretty upfront with you.
Sorry for the dumb question but does this mean that after the end of June (end of Q2) there won't be any more ships arrving/deliveries at all until August at the earliest?

If so why non in July?

Tesla don't build to order, they build whatever is convenient for the GF and then they match the orders once the cars are on the ship. So it's true to say there isn't a list because they can't predict what the GF will produce but nevertheless if you have outstanding orders for 15,000 cars and a shipment of 4,500 is on the way you can be pretty sure that there will be 10,500 disappointed punters who will not get delivery this quarter. Once the matching is done it will be fairly obvious who they are.

Thank you for clearing this, still is there a way to know how they fit order and vin (or this is like random-magic box). For example there are people who ordered Tesla in January, and the got vins, and I on the other hand ordered in September and still I am waiting...

How on Earth can you tell that from the video 🤣
I've watched the video again /27" monitors ;) / - you have to look at the drivers! Starting with LHD, there is a third ship 00:44. After a second - 0:46 you get a view of cars with only two ships. At 1:10 mark you can see drivers on the left side while looking at the parked cars near the ship, the third ship is not there. So between the time that they started loading LHD and arriving of New Fairy - they were still loading LHD. So.. probably no RHD ? 1:44 you can still see LHD, because of the flyover above Trina.

I see them getting into the cars but what about all the cars already on the dock ? To be loaded last.
Around 1:05 minute mark you can see a car driving from the big queue /bottom right corner/ - there is no New Fairy docked.. and in the start of the video - she is there, and they are loading LHD.
You have to slow the video to 0.25 speed from a computer to see the drivers at 1:44

Status
Not open for further replies.