Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just clicked @Frizzy link to check out our new favourite ship and my mind was completely blown when I zoomed in on the map. I had NO idea that there were so many ships, that close to each other at the same time. WOW! :eek:

So basically, I'm now gonna also fret about ships bumping into each other and my new Tesla drifting to the bottom of the ocean!! o_O

1653575464517.png

PS I do realise it's still fairly zoomed out but even still ... :)

The Singapore Straits are one of the busiest shipping areas in the world. Additionally Singapore is the No 1 bunkering (refuelling) port in the world and so lots of ships anchor offshore and a tanker barge will come to provide the fuel.
I mentioned the other day about how piracy has almost been wiped out in the Straits of Malacca - it has but actually it has just moved the problem elsewhere. One of the problems now, and has only become one since the effective patrolling of the Malacca Straits, is that ships anchored in the Singapore Straits are easy targets and are being boarded at night and the crew assaulted and robbed. You might not think this would be a good earner but ships generally carry significant amounts of cash in their safes, so it is.
The authorities are trying to get a grip of the situation and being Singapore I'm sure it will be done efficiently and effectively. Reducing the amount of cash carried onboard has always been a desire by companies. The big players have succeeded by and large due to having established routes and good credit lines with progressive local handling agents but change in this industry can be slow.

Shipping news challenge, I have really vivid dreams so it may have been one of those, but I swear that last night I read a story about MIG mYP being delivered to the Middle East, did anyone else catch that? If so, it would indicate that Tesla is pushing the MIG net out wide with Y performance, and I'm guessing that may mean RHD could be shipped to the UK soon. OR, it was one of my weird dreams..?

Just had another note from the Tesla advisors

"In regards to a delivery timeframe, I am afraid that is it is unlikely a vehicle will assigned to your order by the end of June. We cannot provide an accurate window for delivery as it stands, however it is likely that delivery will be between August and October 2022. Should this change and a vehicle does become available sooner, we will notify you as soon as possible."

How can they know this with all of the boats incoming? Am I missing something. Why do they bother answering if they do not know...

Shipping news challenge, I have really vivid dreams so it may have been one of those, but I swear that last night I read a story about MIG mYP being delivered to the Middle East, did anyone else catch that? If so, it would indicate that Tesla is pushing the MIG net out wide with Y performance, and I'm guessing that may mean RHD could be shipped to the UK soon. OR, it was one of my weird dreams..?
Less cheese before bedtime for you, I think.

Just had another note from the Tesla advisors

"In regards to a delivery timeframe, I am afraid that is it is unlikely a vehicle will assigned to your order by the end of June. We cannot provide an accurate window for delivery as it stands, however it is likely that delivery will be between August and October 2022. Should this change and a vehicle does become available sooner, we will notify you as soon as possible."

How can they know this with all of the boats incoming? Am I missing something. Why do they bother answering if they do not know...
They do know that the first shipment for Q3 will not arrive until August and they also know how far down the list you are to say that you are unlikely to get a delivery prior to the end of this quarter. Bear in mind 'all the boats coming in' is only a handful compared to a normal quarter of a dozen or so. I think they are being pretty upfront with you.

Thank you - great work. Some of the ships are appearing twice. Glovis splendor; the ben and RCC - one in blue colour and other greyed out. Is it specifically done or any correction required?
Ignore- 2 dates selected - hence appearing twice
Not to the middle east - it is getting delivered to Israel :)
That was the first thing i checked if it was an LHD or RHD country :)
And you were not dreaming! just got the location slightly off :)

So I just clicked @Frizzy link to check out our new favourite ship and my mind was completely blown when I zoomed in on the map. I had NO idea that there were so many ships, that close to each other at the same time. WOW! :eek:

So basically, I'm now gonna also fret about ships bumping into each other and my new Tesla drifting to the bottom of the ocean!! o_O

View attachment 808960

When the draft hits 100m then you know there is a problem! 😂

I hope she doesn't dock actually. I'm hoping she drops her hook and a refuelling barge promptly turns up so she can suckle away for 8 hours or so and be on her way again.
Someone of the forums a few days ago said a couple of May 2022 build M3’s appeared in the Singapore for sale. Could that suggest RCC Europe could moore up and drop a few off? Or do they normally send a smaller vessel to Singapore?

To be fair. It’s now ‘at anchor’ off the docks.

View attachment 808960

Remember the ship laden with mercs years ago 🚢🙈

They do know that the first shipment for Q3 will not arrive until August and they also know how far down the list you are to say that you are unlikely to get a delivery prior to the end of this quarter. Bear in mind 'all the boats coming in' is only a handful compared to a normal quarter of a dozen or so. I think they are being pretty upfront with you.
If they know where I am on the list why all the cloak and dagger...

Oh well a whole summer driving around in a small town car. Joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.