Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote Mr M’s post of 9pm yesterday ‘I originally estimated an arrival around 17 Jun but that has already slipped to 18 Jun now. She could make up time but I will adjust the ETA when I see what speed she resumes her voyage at.’ Looks like you both have the same calculator but depends on how quickly she responds to her suckling at Singapore.
It's been a tough day at work. 99% my calcs are likely a bit wonky 😅 Should be able to calculate a more accurate ETA when she sets off and gives us an average speed to work by.

I was told yesterday by a Tesla employee that unlike their normal practice of not shipping cars in the first month of a new quarter, because of the sheer demand, order backlog, plus production levels hampered by Covid lockdowns, they would keep going as long as they had cars and ships to transport.
Then another person on the same number contradicted that today!
This is a time of incertainty...
we'll quickly see if deliveries for eu/uk stop or not as horizon leader is likely the last that could have its cars delivered to their customers by end of june. (I honestly doubt that it is able to do so)
If Mr M. guidelines remain true about this quarter, this is the end of the quarter : 4 boats

Last edited:
For the shipping nerds amongst us it’s worth reading the links that @Mr Miserable put in his post on shipping accidents. There is a lot more to getting a ship safely from A to B across thousands of nautical miles of sea than just driving white, black and the odd grey, blue and red cars onto a boat, never mind what size and colour of wheels they have!

The links may not work copied below but if they don’t and you are interested look back at those in Mr M’s original post. If nothing else you should be able to spot a few pictures of some trashed Range Rovers …..

Safety of those in the GF and on the ships is equally important. Respect to all those in the production and distribution chains that get our cars safely to us.

The US NTSB report into the GOLDEN RAY accident and the UK Maritime Accident Investigation Branch report on the HOEGH OSAKA incident make interesting reading. Additionally I think it was @XHabjab who posted a link to an interesting article on the salvaging of GOLDEN RAY.

Reactions: Snowy77
RCC Europe is underway and heading back into the main channel.

Let’s hope Captain Birds Eye remembers to turn to Starboard and not Port when he gets there.

Attachments

• 4855EEFD-EACF-4443-9DFE-32D039F4AD2E.jpeg
    4855EEFD-EACF-4443-9DFE-32D039F4AD2E.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I was told yesterday by a Tesla employee that unlike their normal practice of not shipping cars in the first month of a new quarter, because of the sheer demand, order backlog, plus production levels hampered by Covid lockdowns, they would keep going as long as they had cars and ships to transport.
Then another person on the same number contradicted that today!
If only Elon was in Mars, he could have given us the answers to this...

So as I was saying yesterday, if this story is true and they are shipping RHD Berlin made MYP to Israel, how long can it be before we start to see them shipped to GB?

not sure why you're so sure about this anymore now, this isn't normal quarter anymore. In fact, according to this logic, there shouldn't even be anymore ship to set sail to europe until july. horizon leader shipment can't even be delivered before june end, more likely early july, so I would think it's a fair asumption to say there will be deliveries in july.
Its not normal no. Production is way down so Tesla will want every sale they can get this quarter which means, you would think, no cars stuck on boats undelivered.

not sure why you're so sure about this anymore now, this isn't normal quarter anymore. In fact, according to this logic, there shouldn't even be anymore ship to set sail to europe until july. horizon leader shipment can't even be delivered before june end, more likely early july, so I would think it's a fair asumption to say there will be deliveries in july.

But that assumes they’re only delivering to us. When July comes round there will be demand from the ‘early quarter’ countries they deliver to. They can’t just keep extra boats for the UK/Europe as the factory doesn’t have infinite production

There was a production halt, a lack of vechicles, and that’s going to hit a bunch of places. They might run a couple of boats and spread the pain across some other countries, but they’re aren’t catching up anytime soon

not sure why you're so sure about this anymore now, this isn't normal quarter anymore. In fact, according to this logic, there shouldn't even be anymore ship to set sail to europe until july. horizon leader shipment can't even be delivered before june end, more likely early july, so I would think it's a fair asumption to say there will be deliveries in july
That boat can make it to the end of the month. If it goes to Koper it even will have time to move vehicles to other countries.
I would not be surprised though, if they set up a camp zone near the port and ask people to go there to pick up the cars, MR M mentioned they did this once, and this time might be another time to do it, to have sells before the end of the month.

That boat can make it to the end of the month. If it goes to Koper it even will have time to move vehicles to other countries.
I would not be surprised though, if they set up a camp zone near the port and ask people to go there to pick up the cars, MR M mentioned they did this once, and this time might be another time to do it, to have sells before the end of the month.
Or, just ship it to Dubai and ensure that all the cars are actually sold :) Need to wait to get Horizon Leader's schedule post Singapore.

A car interded for Germany can't be received from Koper - Q4 2021 a friend of mine was able to get his car from Munich instead ot Berlin, because they refused to take it from Koper.

A car interded for Germany can't be received from Koper - Q4 2021 a friend of mine was able to get his car from Munich instead ot Berlin, because they refused to take it from Koper.
just making some guesses. if that ship is too tight it could be they drop it there, or maybe BCN option for all the French, Spanish and Portugal market. pick up at the port. But just guessing, If Tesla has pushed to sail a ship for the very last moment, it is not crazy to think they will want those cars to be sold before the 30th of June.

Reactions: E_had
just making some guesses. if that ship is too tight it could be they drop it there, or maybe BCN option for all the French, Spanish and Portugal market. pick up at the port. But just guessing, If Tesla has pushed to sail a ship for the very last moment, it is not crazy to think they will want those cars to be sold before the 30th of June.
If Horizon Leader goes to Koper. It should arrive circa 17th June. That gives them nearly two weeks to distribute. It's there best bet if they want them sold in Q2. But who knows! My Tesla Advisor doesn't!

• Funny
Reactions: E_had

So as I was saying yesterday, if this story is true and they are shipping RHD Berlin made MYP to Israel, how long can it be before we start to see them shipped to GB?
Doesn’t Israel drive on the right, I.e. LHD vehicle?

RCC EUROPE departed Singapore with an ETA of 08 Jun for Suez which as I said last night was to be expected.
She could however still make Southampton on 17 Jun.

CARRERA has departed to Japan but I wonder if she is carrying more Teslas. A 2nd shipment to Japan is unusual but worth watching for. Anyway she's off the tracking list.

I'm still failing to identify a final ship to EU this quarter. ARC COMMITTMENT is probably our last hope although I'm not quite sure what is happening with TOKYO CAR at the moment....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.