Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. My model 3 performance ordered early march had a EDD in May, but recently changed to EDD in November 2022 - January 2023. 😱 If I try to place a new correspondent Tesla order, they estimate delivery from October - Desember 2022….. Delivery is in Norway.

Reactions: Kiter44
Hi all, MYLR ordered April, current EDD of August to October (after changing from the final week on June :-( ). I just wanted to say I absolutely love this thread. Tesla should just include a link to it alongside every order confirmation!
Yes - We ( those who ordered in April ) will be lucky enough to revisit this threads at least once a day until Q3 end (Sept ) 😇

Reactions: JOL1
My Tesla advisor just called to say I need to collect the car from Barcelona. 28-30th June, possibly the 26th but cannot guarantee. They will not deliver to regional pick up locations in Spain, so everyone needs to travel to Barcelona where the boat is coming in. Not ideal but needs must. I guess that confirms Morning Peace
Well my Vienna delivery won't be Vienna.. but rather Klagenfurt am Wörthersee and still don't know the exact delivery date!

Just received a confirmation by Tesla Advisor that my Model Y LR with an EDD 23-30 June is on Horizon Leader.
I don’t have a pickup date yet but should get contacted by the end of the week apparently.
With an arrival in Koper on the 18th, what would be a reasonable estimate for delivery date in France?
I'll also be contacted at the end of the week for a delivery date. Perhaps 2-3 days after unlolading?

Just received a confirmation by Tesla Advisor that my Model Y LR with an EDD 23-30 June is on Horizon Leader.
I don’t have a pickup date yet but should get contacted by the end of the week apparently.
With an arrival in Koper on the 18th, what would be a reasonable estimate for delivery date in France?
I'll take a stab that if if the transporter sets off for Dardilly (if that's where you pick up) on the 19/20th it will take a day and a bit so you could easily be picking up 25/26. Just a wild guess though.

Mr M. do you have any indication if Tesla are exporting Berlin MY from Zeebrugge or Bremerhaven?

Vessels potentially delivering to Nordics:

Norway 16/6 AutoProgress (from Bremerhaven)
Sweden 18/6 Norway 19/6 Prometheus Leader
Norway 20/6 AutoProgress (from Bremerhaven)
Norway 24/6 AutoProgress (from Bremerhaven)
Sweden 25/6 Norway 26/6 AutoEnergy
Sweden 1/7 Norway 2/7 AutoEco
THEBEN has updated her next destination to GOTEBORG See here

Reactions: Michael C
I'll take a stab that if if the transporter sets off for Dardilly (if that's where you pick up) on the 19/20th it will take a day and a bit so you could easily be picking up 25/26. Just a wild guess though.
It’s supposed to be in Chignin (near Chambéry). Let’s hope that it can be delivered before that, I have a trip planned on 23rd evening and would be glad to do it in the model Y instead of my old Opel Corsa…

Reactions: Sparkeur
I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread but is anyone aware of when the 1st Q3 to UK ships will be departing? I have early september as the "gdd" (guessed delivery date) which is more accurate than the EDD to my mind at least.

I digress, to get to the UK for early september then the ship would need to leave shanghai ~ the beginning of august (assuming 26-32 transit time + land transport, delivery checks, etc.). One thing I am unsure on is when we would have the VINs/registrations issued. Is this when clears the suez or is it earlier than that?

It would help my OCD if I can add dates to things and maybe make a graph 🤗

• Funny
Reactions: DRS ACTIVE
I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread but is anyone aware of when the 1st Q3 to UK ships will be departing? I have early september as the "gdd" (guessed delivery date) which is more accurate than the EDD to my mind at least.

I digress, to get to the UK for early september then the ship would need to leave shanghai ~ the beginning of august (assuming 26-32 transit time + land transport, delivery checks, etc.). One thing I am unsure on is when we would have the VINs/registrations issued. Is this when clears the suez or is it earlier than that?

It would help my OCD if I can add dates to things and maybe make a graph 🤗
It was discussed on this thread that the first ship should depart early July, following previous patterns and given the huge backlog to fill, so first deliveries could theoretically start from August onwards

Reactions: MYLRToon
It was discussed on this thread that the first ship should depart early July, following previous patterns and given the huge backlog to fill, so first deliveries could theoretically start from August onwards
For last year, would they have started UK production on 1st July and then ship it a week or so later?
Just try to figure out how it worked last year to see if there were any correlations.

For last year, would they have started UK production on 1st July and then ship it a week or so later?
Just try to figure out how it worked last year to see if there were any correlations.
Your guess is as good as Elon's, but it maybe a day or two earlier, I imagine that as soon as they estimate they can't squeeze anymore deliveries in to Q2, they switch to Q3 EU stock, probably LHD first as they will be most alike to the China cars

I think this year is very different for various reasons so its hard to compare.

1 thing to keep in mind, China will want at least 100k cars building. It might actually be double this if we are to believe the reports of the triple demand.

Now lets look at production, apparently production has or will triple. Triple means, 3x the typical output per day of 1-2k cars.

In theory they could be producing 4.5k cars per day.

That means it will take just over 1 month for local market orders to be satisfied.

Given that EU exports ended at the end of May, I would expect all of June and the first 1-2 weeks of July dedicated to local markets. 150-200k cars.

Exports may start production from Mid July until end of Aug and it will be BIG, again 100-200k. A huge chunk coming to the EU.

It could be 1 ship per 2 days!! I hope Tesla secured enough carriers. You might need to expect week 2-3 of July producing for Japan and Australia. They have been scheduled for August apparently.

Then really earliest UK deliveries might be last 10 days of August. Maybe September, as we are so precious about the new Reg over here.

This is all conjecture.

Last edited:
Tesla TA called again to say they will have a large owners collection event in Barcelona 27th-30th. But in classic last minute Tesla style they don’t even have a location yet! Amazes me how one of the most valuable companies in the world distributes cars like this. He was surprised that I had more information about the boat it was arriving on than him! Told him to sign up to @Mr Miserable updates.

I think this year is very different for various reasons so its hard to compare.

1 thing to keep in mind, China will want at least 100k cars building. It might actually be double this if we are to believe the reports of the triple demand.

Now lets look at production, apparently production has or will triple. Triple means, 3x the typical output per day of 1-2k cars.

In theory they could be producing 4.5k cars per day.

That means it will take just over 1 month for local market orders to be satisfied.

Given that EU exports ended at the end of May, I would expect all of June and the first 1-2 weeks of July dedicated to local markets. 150-200k cars.

Exports may start production from Mid July until end of Aug and it will be BIG, again 100-200k. A huge chunk coming to the EU.

It could be 1 ship per 2 days!! I hope Tesla secured enough carriers. You might need to expect week 2-3 of July producing for Japan and Australia. They have been scheduled for August apparently.

Then really earliest UK deliveries might be last 10 days of August. Maybe September, as we are so precious about the new Reg over here.

This is all conjecture.
Elon wants to increase RHD production.

Status
Not open for further replies.