Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MORNING PEACE I'm now persuaded that she is carrying Teslas onboard, although I think she may have other types onboard too. She is heading initially to Barcelona on 23 Jun. There have been many rumours about Tesla using Barcelona sometime in the future and it looks like the future is 23 Jun. She then heads to Southampton on 29 Jun and Zeebrugge 01 Jul.
Well that's me changing my tune from "No" to "Maybe" then.

RCC EUROPE competition.

The results are in!

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square P3 and within its Minor Square 19

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @Davva (P3 15) who was just 48 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @R5 Red Five (P3 18) who was a mere 72 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @MattJ (P3 18) who chose the same square, but later.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:

The most popular Major Square was N2
The most popular Minor Square overall was 17
If you had chosen that combination, which which 3 people did, you would have ended up 643 NM off target.

Whoop! To be honest simply taking part, especially when the ship is the one my car is on, is more than prize enough!

Thanks for running the competition and keeping us all entertained whilst we wait!

@Mr Miserable Just an observation. Someone on the forums just had a VIN (UK) assigned in their source code from their Aug-Oct EDD to a June EDD now. I could be wrong but I am sure RCC Europe VINs were appearing around Singapore (Not sure how to check, VINs were allocated about the 25th May). Morning Peace has just left Singapore also. Could just be a coincidence and the VIN was allocated due to a cancellation on RCC Europe. I guess we will have to see if there are a flurry of VINs over the next day.
I’ve got a august to September delivery date. I’ll update. I’m hopeful.

Reactions: Frizzy
Hi All
I'm still away on my 'vacance'.
I'm currently nursing a hangover that would kill an ID3 driver.
Despite that, I'm looking forward to repeat the process again this evening.

THEBEN will arrive in Zeebrugge tomorrow. She may have some RHD for Ireland onboard but most will be LHD for mainland Europe.

RCC EUROPE She will arrive in Southampton on 17 June. I know the port schedule has her arriving on the 16th but I can't see her making that. I'm expecting her to unload completely here. The results of the RCC EUROPE competition will be announced in about 30 mins or so, soon after 12:00 UTC.

HORIZON LEADER will arrive in Koper on 18 Jun. Again this will be a full unload. She should navigate the Suez Canal tomorrow.

MORNING PEACE I'm now persuaded that she is carrying Teslas onboard, although I think she may have other types onboard too. She is heading initially to Barcelona on 23 Jun. There have been many rumours about Tesla using Barcelona sometime in the future and it looks like the future is 23 Jun. She then heads to Southampton on 29 Jun and Zeebrugge 01 Jul. Clearly many UK deliveries and all the Zeebrugge cars will spill over to Q3 - this is not a deliberate Tesla policy but a result of MORNING PEACE suffering a breakdown just after departing Shanghai necessitating a week's delay as repairs were carried out in S Korea.

I'm not expecting any more 'Tesla' ships for UK/EU to depart Shanghai until July which will mean no further deliveries until August (unless the cars arrived on the ships named above).

You can see HERE where all the above ships are currently located.

I'm heading off to another Cave de Vins for a 'tasting'. See you in Q3!

RCC EUROPE competition.

The results are in!

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square P3 and within its Minor Square 19

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @Davva (P3 15) who was just 48 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @R5 Red Five (P3 18) who was a mere 72 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @MattJ (P3 18) who chose the same square, but later.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:

The most popular Major Square was N2
The most popular Minor Square overall was 17
If you had chosen that combination, which which 3 people did, you would have ended up 643 NM off target.
2nd place.....happy days !

Reactions: Frizzy
Calls have been made in Germany since this afternoon, that several Model Y buyers have received advance invoices
and should pay them immediately.
The vehicles have not yet been produced, but this should happen within the next few days.
This means that there will be 2-3 days between receipt of the final invoice, transfer of the purchase price and after receipt of the money at Tesla
and after the money has been received by Tesla, the vehicle documents will be sent out.
In Germany, you have to register the vehicles yourself after receiving the papers. It was clear that the end of this quarter would be exciting again.

Greets to all ..

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

There she is!

RCC Europe just passed the Straight of Gibraltar
RCC Europe.PNG

Hello. I have an order for Tesla Model Y. Till yesterday the delivery period was August 28th - October 10th. Today it became November 18th - January 2nd 2023.
Anyone knows why that might be?
Welcome to Tesla!

You will experience random EDD changes, you will learn about ships, notice tiniest changes in website/app including font and spaces, make friends with Emma (and compete with other forum members for her attention), and even after exercising all your logical and analytical abilities, you will not be able to get the answer to your questions.
Strong advice, practice breathing techniques, yoga and meditation!

Short answer to your question:-
apparently its an algo which is able to accurately predict the EDD (to the best of its abilities)..

Status
Not open for further replies.