Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to give an update on my own investigations.
I have a VIN assigned in the source code, M3P to Sweden. EDD 5th-19th of August. Also got a call from the TA that said to prepare for delivery and payment. Asked specifically if it would be possible to get delivery in the beginning of the EDD range, to which TA said “should not be a problem”.
In parallel, I got in contact with a friend of a friend who works at Tesla to check the exact location of my car. He/she said it was not possible to ping the car right now, but last time it was online was the 15th of July in the Shanghai area, which ties in nicely to the loading of Morning Chorus.
With this I believe that the EDDs around 5th-19th of August that more Scandinavians currently have will be tricky to accomplish given that Morning Chorus will be in Southampton the 15th of August. Also, this would suggests that there are no “mystery ships” before Morning Chorus. Not sure how the TA could be so sure that the EDD range was accurate. Would be interesting to hear your take on this mr M!
Thanks for your post. I agree with your analysis!
The UECC schedule has yet to firm up (and they have plenty of spare capacity) but I note AUTPROGRESS arrives in Malmo on 20 Aug and Drammen on 22 Aug.
I think those EDDs will slip right!

I just found the VIN in the source code.
The digits you mentioned recently are:
607XXX
I hope that may assist you in identifying the ship. Thanks.
The digits you mentioned recently are:
607XXX
I hope that may assist you in identifying the ship. Thanks.
The digits you mentioned rec
It's disappointing to note that LEO SPIRIT is heading to Livorno in Italy as her first stop. Normally that would rule her out of the running however it's worth reminding everyone that both suspect vessels are not Tesla charters. If she is carrying Teslas she won't be unloading them in Livorno and so we'll have to see where she heads to next, hopefully Zeebrugge!

It does however focus the spotlight more on POSEIDON LEADER as possibly the prime suspect.
She's currently in the Red Sea making her way up to the Suez Canal.
If she was heading to Koper I think we would know it by now.
She should transit the canal on Tuesday resulting in a Zeebrugge arrival around 03/04 Aug. Fingers crossed.
Flurry of VINs today in ireland. Wonder which ship… edd’s All second half of august

Do you think Grand Eagle could make the hit list as she’s currently at Pyeongtaek and fairly empty and she starts a new voyage from Zeebrugge on 27th Aug (According to Glovis Schedule).
That's a good spot. She's now heading for Ulsan but nevertheless worth keeping an eye on.
Clearly today's revelations, which I believe to be genuine, have taken an awful lot of pressure off the research requirement for this quarter but I still think we have some UK-only shipments to identify and I'm still slightly puzzled on the low numbers for Zeebrugge considering that cars for Scandinavia traditionally stage through there.

Reactions: _Dave_ and Darreno
I've just been calculating rough timelines from the data revealed in the German article.

RCC CLASSIC dep Shanghai ~ 30 Jul Arr Barcelona 22 Aug
GLOVIS SPIRIT dep Shanghai ~ 22 Aug Arr Barcelona 14 Sep
HELIOS RAY dep Shanghai ~ 25 Aug Arr Koper ~16 Sep
GLOVIS CAPTAIN dep Shanghai 22 Aug Arr Zeebrugge 19 Sep (Note: This ship is currently scheduled to be in S Korea on 25 Aug)
GLOVIS CRYSTAL dep Shanghai 30 Aug Arr Barcelona 22 Sep (Note: This ship is currently scheduled to be in S Korea on 22 Aug)

There's some tidying that can be done on those dates but they are in the parish. Of note is the 3 week gap in Aug with no ships to EU.

Last edited:
Reactions: XHabjab and Darreno
I forgot to mention Taicang. Taicang port is further north up the Yangtze than the main Haitong terminal. Previously a single berth there has had occasional use for RoRos heading for other Chinese ports or Taiwan. This changed earlier this month when TRAVIATA and then GLOVIS CHORUS loaded there. These are much larger ships hinting that a port expansion including Customs has taken place. Yesterday we saw 2 large RoRos load there (MORNING MIDAS and SETTLER). The fact that HOEGH ST PETERSBURG loaded 2000 MY from there is significant. This will likely be the first confirmed use by Tesla of the port however I suspect GLOVIS CHORUS may have been used to ship to S Korea beforehand. The use by Tesla of a port much further away from the GF than Shanghai South and Haitong is telling and I wonder if we will see a shift to exports from Taicang whilst domestics will ship from Shanghai South. Time will tell...
Given Taicang is now on the cards, GLOVIS SYMPHONY is on the way there now. Could she be of interest to you.

Edit: ignore, I found a website suggesting she will be heading from the US and arrives in Nigeria on 30th September.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Miserable
I appreciate what the first post says as well as what Mr M says, it still doesn't change the fact that it's a UK and Ireland forum.

I'm not arguing about this fact though, it is what it is, I just think there's a few of us in the UK that are getting frustrated at Tesla's ridiculous allocation system and then having to read about all the cars that are going elsewhere.

Shanghai so far (and for some time to come) is the bulk provider for all of the European market and as a result the shipping intelligence is understandably of interest to lots. Hopefully, it does not become a competition as many of the members who check in on this forum benefit and it is also not uncommon for a ship full of Tesla's to make multiple stops eg Southhampton and Zeebrugge.

What unites us is the interest in seeing people get their cars which transcends geography and helps fill the vacuum between ordering and Tesla communications.

Activity over the last 24 hours serves as encouragement to all ..thanks to the respected contributors!

I appreciate what the first post says as well as what Mr M says, it still doesn't change the fact that it's a UK and Ireland forum.

I'm not arguing about this fact though, it is what it is, I just think there's a few of us in the UK that are getting frustrated at Tesla's ridiculous allocation system and then having to read about all the cars that are going elsewhere.
Genuine question, where does it say that this is a UK and ROI only thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.