Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had my EDD change to 24-30th Sept (pretty tight gap - never had it this close before) but no VIN assigned.

It will be interesting to see when GLOVIS COMPANION sets off if a whole number of VIN's get assigned to people... I was genuinely thinking I was a Q4 order...

Not trying to get my hopes up too high, but about 5 mins before this post I was falling asleep and now im wide awake...

Thanks as always Mr M. So with about 3 weeks left for departures, and 6 identified ships departed to date, do you still think Q3 will hit the 15-16 Europe ( including UK!) bound ships you predicted in the first post of this thread? Not that I am starting to panic or anything!
That will be a push - I didn't count on the GF shutdown at the beginning of July nor the lengthly production line closures of both MY and M3.
I think we have another 4 ships to EU yet to depart and at least one more to the UK - possibly 2. So probably a max of 12 ships in Q3.
Q4 may be an interesting quarter with GF Berlin providing the majority of MY to EU (possibly supplying some MY to the UK) and Model S from Fremont being shipped to EU (2 ships) in addition to 11 or so ships from Shanghai to UK and EU. The number of ships from Shanghai should reduce as GF Berlin expands.

SWALLOW ACE (as you may know) also seems to be bound for Zeebrugge and then Portbury on 31 Aug.
Yep. Every port should have a board like Bristol does.
Zeebrugge used to have a pretty good one until the pandemic struck and now it doesn't have one at all. Southampton used to look out 10 days in advance which was very useful but that dropped to 5 days because of the chaos caused by the pandemic to the container fleet.
I used to be able to see planned movements for the Panama Canal and Suez but they have all gone over the last three years.

Reactions: DrPhlegm
That will be a push - I didn't count on the GF shutdown at the beginning of July nor the lengthly production line closures of both MY and M3.
I think we have another 4 ships to EU yet to depart and at least one more to the UK - possibly 2. So probably a max of 12 ships in Q3.
Q4 may be an interesting quarter with GF Berlin providing the majority of MY to EU (possibly supplying some MY to the UK) and Model S from Fremont being shipped to EU (2 ships) in addition to 11 or so ships from Shanghai to UK and EU. The number of ships from Shanghai should reduce as GF Berlin expands.
Looking at the pictures of parked MY all over the place is it possible that there aren't enough ships available at the moment?
BYD have apparently just bought 8 ships for their own use. Has this happened before?

MYLR MSM 20inch Black Int Ordered 11th May EDD Oct/Nov, 20Nov/26Dec, 9Sept/30Sept No Vin -fingers tightly crossed

Based on what Tesla reps were saying coupled with some ambitious EDD I did wonder whether we had a missed shipment however those EDDs have now mostly moved right and are achieveable from the known ships. I do wonder whether some cars were put on TRAVIATA. If the ship docks in Zeebrugge at the Canada Quays 531/ 532 that would indicate she hasn't. If however she docks at an ICO berth which is on the other side, then....
We shall see later tonight.
LEO SPIRIT docked at the ico terminal site. TRAVIATA is at the north sea waiting to enter Zeebrugge

Just had my EDD change to 24-30th Sept (pretty tight gap - never had it this close before) but no VIN assigned.

It will be interesting to see when GLOVIS COMPANION sets off if a whole number of VIN's get assigned to people... I was genuinely thinking I was a Q4 order...

Not trying to get my hopes up too high, but about 5 mins before this post I was falling asleep and now im wide awake...
Ive just had the same, went from 9 days to a 6 day tight gap. Sep 24th to 30th

Is there a separate thread specifically tracking shipments from Berlin? I have a MYP on order since April, and currently assume that it may be built in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.