Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More shipping news

I've noted unusual activity over at Pier 80.
We have at least two ships inbound GLOVIS SOLOMON on 13 Aug followed by GLOVIS SIGMA on 17 Aug.
It is very unusual to have any shipping movements from Pier 80 at this stage in the quarter.
Certainly worth keeping an eye on and if anybody happens to be passing Pier 80 at the weekend I would be interested to see what is on the dock.

More shipping news

We have at least two ships inbound GLOVIS SOLOMON on 13 Aug followed by GLOVIS SIGMA on 17 Aug.
It is very unusual to have any shipping movements from Pier 80 at this stage in the quarter.
Certainly worth keeping an eye on and if anybody happens to be passing Pier 80 at the weekend I would be interested to see what is on the dock.
I suppose it does seem reasonable for there to be slightly new patterns of movement given the increased output of the factory, right?

When you say “spotted unusual activity” - how does one go about trying to spot things that you spot? Was it simply shipping Radars where you spotted RoRos within the vicinity? (I say “simply” loosely…. Simple concept, less simple execution!)

I suppose it does seem reasonable for there to be slightly new patterns of movement given the increased output of the factory, right?

When you say “spotted unusual activity” - how does one go about trying to spot things that you spot? Was it simply shipping Radars where you spotted RoRos within the vicinity? (I say “simply” loosely…. Simple concept, less simple execution!)
Latest satellite imagery here on 8/8/22 (dates have been proved to be a bit iffy in the past) shows nothing on the dock.
My usually reliable dogwalker source in the area is on vacation.
Since Fremont stopped supplying EU and UK in May 21 we have only seen a couple of ships at the beginning of each quarter head off to Taiwan. We already have had three ships so far this quarter depart Pier 80 (the last ship, GLOVIS SUN unloaded yesterday in Taiwan) so this is a significant increase.

There are currently 13 RoRos inbound to Shanghai which is not an unusual figure. When the port is operating at max capacity we can see 4 or 5 ships daily. Statistically most of the Glovis ships head to S Korea from Shanghai and so a Glovis ship visit in itself is not something one should get too excited about although I agree the timing makes these particular Glovis ships worth keeping an eye on.
GLOVIS SUN has just completed her drop-off at Taiwan and is now heading back to S Korea however I note that she is operating in Europe towards the end of September. Will she depart Korea with a load of Hyundai/Kia or will she head to Shanghai?
GLOVIS CAPTAIN is worth watching as is GLOVIS CRYSTAL too.

I fail to do one daily report!
If you look at the Tesla ship tracker map you can see where TITUS is and if you bother to scroll back to one of my DAILY reports you will find she has been mentioned on a daily basis for some time.
HOWEVER, I added her on the basis of some unexplained VIN allocations to the UK that were clearly not onboard MORNING CHORUS and at the time the assumption was that GLOVIS SUMMIT was Koper bound. The TITUS itinerary does not fit neatly to being a Tesla carrier and we now know that these UK VINs are almost certainly to be onboard GLOVIS SUMMIT.
Accordingly I now think TITUS is not carrying any Teslas at all.
I shall remove her from the tracker and not talk about her anymore!
Thank you for your post.

About this so-called ship whose name shall no longer be spoken (rhymes with 'vitus').

Tesla confirmed that my M3P will be delivered to me on 31 August, and an earlier delivery will not be possible because, "your car arrives on site on 29 August." Given my location I assume that the 'site' they refer to is the Manchester Trafford Tesla hub. (I'm ordering via a leasing company by the way, hence the home delivery, although it seems that Tesla is organising this delivery).

Surely the timings of this don't correspond with the Morning Chorus or Glovis Summit, otherwise there would be a mystery gap of more than ten days between its arrival in Southampton and its delivery to the north west. So would it be reasonable to assume that it would more than likely be on a slightly later boat?

Wednesday 10 Aug 22

I do sometimes wonder whether anybody actually reads this.

Anyway to the person who does, please click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. She is still making good progress north of Algeria. By this time tomorrow she will have passed through the Straits of Gibraltar and be in the North Atlantic. Weather is still looking fine for her although unloading in Southampton on Monday may be hampered with the occasional heavy shower.

GLOVIS SUMMIT She is also heading to Southampton with an ETA of 16 Aug . She has onboard 3,026 M3 and 853 MY for the EU and probably around 1100 or so cars for the UK. I therefore expect her to head to Zeebrugge once she has unloaded in Southampton. She is currently tanking along at over 18kts SE of Sicily.

For the UK are there any M3 heavy ships that are scheduled for this Qtr. I can see MY heavy ships but no M3 specific so far...

How many do you want? It's all there in Mr Ms daily update.

For the UK are there any M3 heavy ships that are scheduled for this Qtr. I can see MY heavy ships but no M3 specific so far...
The initial allocation is probably done. A lot of folk will not proceed with their purchase and decide to pay their gas bill instead. Those cars will be reallocated. I expect at least one more shipment and wouldn't be too surprised if they manage to squeeze in another. We have at least 4 ships that have yet to depart to EU this quarter. Current shipments (except perhaps MORNING CHORUS) will be MY heavy because the M3 production line has been closed. I expect those still waiting for M3 will be happier when the next UK shipment departs and VINs start being bandied about.
I posted this only yesterday evening...

About this so-called ship whose name shall no longer be spoken (rhymes with 'vitus').

Tesla confirmed that my M3P will be delivered to me on 31 August, and an earlier delivery will not be possible because, "your car arrives on site on 29 August." Given my location I assume that the 'site' they refer to is the Manchester Trafford Tesla hub. (I'm ordering via a leasing company by the way, hence the home delivery, although it seems that Tesla is organising this delivery).

Surely the timings of this don't correspond with the Morning Chorus or Glovis Summit, otherwise there would be a mystery gap of more than ten days between its arrival in Southampton and its delivery to the north west. So would it be reasonable to assume that it would more than likely be on a slightly later boat?
Tesla have not signed up to Amazon Prime for their deliveries and are sticking to the tried and tested 7 at a time car transporter. It can take a few days to get them all up north and you may not be the first to take delivery up there.

This was my reasoning exactly. I'm being delivered to in London, earliest date offered was 27th Aug. Same logic of MC and GS arrive in Southampton too early. The timing of the 'ITUS seemed more appropriate.

Wednesday 10 Aug 22

I do sometimes wonder whether anybody actually reads this.

Anyway to the person who does, please click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. She is still making good progress north of Algeria. By this time tomorrow she will have passed through the Straits of Gibraltar and be in the North Atlantic. Weather is still looking fine for her although unloading in Southampton on Monday may be hampered with the occasional heavy shower.

GLOVIS SUMMIT She is also heading to Southampton with an ETA of 16 Aug . She has onboard 3,026 M3 and 853 MY for the EU and probably around 1100 or so cars for the UK. I therefore expect her to head to Zeebrugge once she has unloaded in Southampton. She is currently tanking along at over 18kts SE of Sicily.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!
She has had a couple of rough days where her speed was as low as 11kts in heavy seas however she is now entering the Gulf of Aden where she will be able to easily make up for lost time.

RCC ANTWERP is now in the Bay of Bengal and sea conditions are good. I strongly suspect she is heading to Barcelona with 4052 MY on board.

GLOVIS COMPANION is in the South China Sea and maintaining over 17kts. She's bound for Suez with what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep. Do check your Tesla accounts for a hidden VIN.

Also please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like how to easily check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.

When will the next ships depart to UK and EU? I don't know but I can't see anything imminent and so I am assuming next week. As soon as I see anything of interest I will post it here.

If you have read this please humour me by clicking a 'like' or 'dislike' as you wish however be warned, I will be noting names...
Thank you for the effort of providing such detailed information for us that are waiting for our Teslas in EU.

More shipping news

I`m guessing S and X Plaids for Europe

Dear Mr. Miserable
thank you, once more, for your very usefull informations!

Have you seen that: RCC Antwerp for Koper on 23rd Aug 2022? 😃 Am I correct?

Attachments

• 2CDF8732-08A0-41BD-AEE6-21194A3BC730.png
    2CDF8732-08A0-41BD-AEE6-21194A3BC730.png
    658.4 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.