Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly or not, Glovis Challenge passed to the West of Taiwan and Glovis Sunrise to the East.
Perhaps something to do with the recent military activity in the region.

Although I like to think it’s because Sunrise is ‘driving on the left’ and is therefore full of RHD Teslas 😬

1661064603436.jpeg

The Sunrise is always in the East! 🫠

Those Swedish and Finnish people who have their EDD end of Aug or beginning of Sep.
Danube Highway is the ship to watch.
Will dock today to Malmoe and continue from there to Hanko.
It was in Zeebrugge docked on the same dock next to Morning Chorus and then drove to other side to the same dock where Glovis Summit was docked.
So high chance that this ship is loaded with Teslas.

Interestingly or not, Glovis Challenge passed to the West of Taiwan and Glovis Sunrise to the East.
Perhaps something to do with the recent military activity in the region.

Although I like to think it’s because Sunrise is ‘driving on the left’ and is therefore full of RHD Teslas 😬

View attachment 843227
The Sunrise is always in the East! 🫠
The decision as to which side to pass Taiwan is pretty much up to the Master. The Straits can be very choppy at times and horrendously crowded with Chinese fishing boats that are a law unto themselves and as such are more of a threat than any military activity. Additionally there can be a strong south to north current. GLOVIS CHALLENGE hugged the Chinese coast whereas the normal route through the strait is down the southbound shipping lane which is much closer to west coast of Taiwan - I think this was to avoid any military activity. Personally I think GLOVIS SUNRISE's route is the better choice.
It's peak of the hurricane/typhoon season and so far, this year has been a non-event both for hurricanes and typhoons. There, I've said it. There have been a couple of Tropical Depressions that formed in the South China Sea that never really developed and quickly fizzled out and a bit of activity off Japan but that's about it. I have to say over the years of monitoring Tesla shipments, Tesla have been amazingly fortunate weatherwise.

Hi Mr Miserable and all,

Let me share my story, I've ordered to M3 RWD white/black/18" aero on the 5th of December 2021.
There were promises that I could pick the car up in March, later than May, etc.
Beginning of June, EDD changed from May to TBD and 2 weeks ago changed to 23rd on November - 6th of February(!)...
According to local Tesla Advisor, this date doesn't mean anything (which I doubt) and told me that there is a chance to have the car in Q3.
Many of us are waiting in Hungary for Q4 2021, some of them since October...
According to your info there will be a ship to Koper in this month departing the latest 31st of Aug.
What do you think can I expect that my car will arrive in September or is it no chance at all and have to wait until Q4?

thanks
I will agree that the EDD does not mean much - they change with the wind and are seldom correct.
I don't pretend to understand the Tesla delivery policy particularly when it comes to Hungary, Romania etc.
What I can say is that rumours that these countries get cars that have already been rejected elsewhere is complete nonesense and no doubt generated by those frustrated by the Tesla silence after ordering and protracted waiting times.
RCC ANTWERP arrives in Koper on Thursday and I'm pretty sure it will not be the last ship to arrive there this quarter.
As someone who toured Hungary in my Model 3 last year I know how much the car is appreciated there and I think I met everyone who has one on order - or so it seemed! Perhaps it was just the novelty of seeing a RHD version because I saw plenty of Austrian registered Model 3s over there.

Reactions: Cyclone_hun
I will agree that the EDD does not mean much - they change with the wind and are seldom correct.
I don't pretend to understand the Tesla delivery policy particularly when it comes to Hungary, Romania etc.
What I can say is that rumours that these countries get cars that have already been rejected elsewhere is complete nonesense and no doubt generated by those frustrated by the Tesla silence after ordering and protracted waiting times.
RCC ANTWERP arrives in Koper on Thursday and I'm pretty sure it will not be the last ship to arrive there this quarter.
As someone who toured Hungary in my Model 3 last year I know how much the car is appreciated there and I think I met everyone who has one on order - or so it seemed! Perhaps it was just the novelty of seeing a RHD version because I saw plenty of Austrian registered Model 3s over there.
Hi, As for Romania, what i understood from my TA a few months ago is that they "bargain" each quarter for the number of cars to be delivered. This is possibly because Romania give a big eco Bonus but it is limited in numbers and time and thus they had to comply with local limitation. The "trueness" of this info is moderate but higher than a gossip. Also not all car in RO come from Koper. This quarter they came from zeebrugge at 100%

It's pretty clear that a shedload of VINs for EU have been allocated today. (This is unusually early (timewise) for VIN allocations - and on a Sunday too!)
I'm inclined to now think they may be more likely to be related to GLOVIS SUNRISE but with departures so close together it's going to be tricky. We may have to work backwards from the last ship to confirm for sure.

Saturday 20 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is not a Tesla charter but she is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!
She is currently making a scheduled stop in Livorno, Italy (a non-Tesla related stop) and should depart to Zeebrugge tomorrow.

RCC ANTWERP She is currently in the Red Sea making her way towards the Suez Canal. She's not appearing on the Tesla Ship tracker for some strange reason - there appears to be a black hole. She is visible on other ship trackers and should reappear on the our tracker when she arrives off Suez tomorrow evening. She is due to arrive in Koper on 23 Aug with 4052 MY on board. Whether this will be her only stop we don't yet know but I expect it to be. If however she heads to Barcelona afterwards it could be with Teslas.

GLOVIS COMPANION is still in the Gulf of Aden but will shortly navigate the Bab-el-Mandeb strait and arrive in the Red Sea. She's carrying what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep.

Don't forget the GLOVIS COMPANION competition! Click HERE to enter. We have 67 entries so far, and the competition will close on Tuesday. Enter now.

ASIAN VISION is enroute to Port Kembla, Australia with an ETA there of 28 Aug. After that she should head on down to Melbourne.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE departed Shanghai South and is heading initially for Singapore where I expect she will refuel before carrying on to Suez. From the VIN activity I'm expecting her to head to Southampton (09 Sep) and Zeebrugge (10 Sep).

GLOVIS SUNRISE, a bigger ship than GLOVIS CHALLENGE,departed Shanghai South yesterday for Singapore (refuel stop) . I'm expecting her to also route to Southampton (11 Sep) and Zeebrugge (12 Sep). VIN activity will hopefully provide confirmation.

GLOVIS SUN is currently weaving her way towards Shanghai South.

There is still time for another UK/NW EU-bound ship to depart. I reckon around 24 Aug is the cut-off. A final departure to Koper could be as late as 31 Aug.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.
@Mr Miserable I believe the wave of EU vins today/yesterday apply to GLOVIS CHALLENGE. She is due at Barcelona on the 9th September.

She is also in about the same location as when Companion started allocating VINs for UK.

1661086463644.png

It's pretty clear that a shedload of VINs for EU have been allocated today. (This is unusually early (timewise) for VIN allocations - and on a Sunday too!)
I'm inclined to now think they may be more likely to be related to GLOVIS SUNRISE but with departures so close together it's going to be tricky. We may have to work backwards from the last ship to confirm for sure.
I definitely think there was a ship on the northern side that went of the radar as the lutchao harbor has so little M3. What do you think about that thought? One or more!

• Disagree
Reactions: James7C2
I definitely think there was a ship on the northern side that went of the radar as the lutchao harbor has so little M3. What do you think about that thought? One or more!
I maintain a database of all the movements so I will have a record of it. I did wonder the other day whether I had missed a shipment but in reviewing the records I'm satisfied we haven't.

Reactions: Sacharanc
Hey Mr M. I have figured out a way to track all tesla VINS and their destination port (on vessels in a specific company). Send me a PM (I cant message you), and I will tell you how :)
Hi, thats good to know. I got VIN in through view source page, but unable to track in which ship it is in. Is it possible for you to give some information, if it is not too much to ask !
My Vin is LRWYGCEK7NC402XXX.
Thank you very much.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Hi, thats good to know. I got VIN in through view source page, but unable to track in which ship it is in. Is it possible for you to give some information, if it is not too much to ask !
My Vin is LRWYGCEK7NC402XXX.
Thank you very much.
Same as my VIN - shipped to Zeebrugge onboard MORNING CHORUS. Keep your eye on AUTOSTAR - she should head off to Drammen next.
BUT I just noticed you are in Tromso - I have no idea how they get all the way up there.
Cars to Bergan, Stavanger and Trondheim go direct from Zeebrugge if there is enough of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.