Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as my VIN - shipped to Zeebrugge onboard MORNING CHORUS. Keep your eye on AUTOSTAR - she should head off to Drammen next.
BUT I just noticed you are in Tromso - I have no idea how they get all the way up there.
Cars to Bergan, Stavanger and Trondheim go direct from Zeebrugge if there is enough of them.
Hi,
many thanks for the information. That is good to know about the VIN. Yes, in Tromso and my EDD changed now to Aug29th to Sep 17th. Tesla rep in Tromso mentioned that mostly they ship directly from Zeebrugge, first to Bodo and then to Tromso. Obviously he do not have any information about the shipping. Thank you once again.

Do you think Glovis Courage, ETA 24 Aug at SHANGAI could be our last boat for UK/EU ?
The problem I have with GLOVIS COURAGE is that she has been diverted to Shanghai. Normally this would be a clue that she was likely to head to S Korea (homeport) after loading in Shanghai however GLOVIS CHALLENGE blew that theory right out of the water.
The pandemic disrupted crew changeovers significantly. Prior to the pandemic crew changes were done incrementally - at virtually every port one or two crew members would change over. It was a good system in that onboard training was part of the daily routine and nothing was taken for granted. The pandemic almost stopped this overnight - crews were stuck onboard until the ship reached its home port and then everyone changed over at once. The ships operated with the same crew for months on end and there was a real risk of an unquestioning "same as we did yesterday" routine being established and bad practices creeping in. Itineraries were changed so that the vessels would routinely call at the home port to facilitate a crew change, even if that meant the ship sailed empty.
Now the airports have opened up again and crews can changeover globally. As a result ship itineraries are changing again removing the requirement to position the ship back to the Far East and India (where most of the crews come from) every 4-6 months.
So just when I thought I had a good feel for where ships are likely to head to someone has gone and changed the rules!
To answer your question - your guess is as good as mine at the moment.

What happened to Helios Ray? As I see, she is heading to Columbia and will arrive there on 08.09.2022...
Which ship will replace her?
HELIOS RAY was meant to be the first ship of Q3 for Koper arriving around 19 Sep according to the German shipping leak. We now know that piece of information to be untrue as RCC ANTWERP will call there next week. We now know that HELIOS RAY will not be transporting Teslas from Shanghai anytime soon since, as you point out, she is off to Colombia.
So if we are looking for a ship that will arrive in Koper around 19 Sep we should be looking for a ship that will depart Shanghai around 28 Aug.
Ask me again next week.

Anyone notice that GLOVIS CRYSTAL is back at anchor again?
Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but GLOVIS CHALLENGE spent so long at the terminal that the factory perhaps made so many cars that they had to send some to the main terminal where GLOVIS CRYSTAL picked them up, and now she's waiting to pick up a few more after GLOVIS SUN departs? I mean, if the factory output is what it was supposed to be after upgrade they would need about 2 ships every 3 days to keep up, and GLOVIS CHALLENGE spent like 2-3 days at the terminal?

The problem I have with GLOVIS COURAGE is that she has been diverted to Shanghai. Normally this would be a clue that she was likely to head to S Korea (homeport) after loading in Shanghai however GLOVIS CHALLENGE blew that theory right out of the water.
The pandemic disrupted crew changeovers significantly. Prior to the pandemic crew changes were done incrementally - at virtually every port one or two crew members would change over. It was a good system in that onboard training was part of the daily routine and nothing was taken for granted. The pandemic almost stopped this overnight - crews were stuck onboard until the ship reached its home port and then everyone changed over at once. The ships operated with the same crew for months on end and there was a real risk of an unquestioning "same as we did yesterday" routine being established and bad practices creeping in. Itineraries were changed so that the vessels would routinely call at the home port to facilitate a crew change, even if that meant the ship sailed empty.
Now the airports have opened up again and crews can changeover globally. As a result ship itineraries are changing again removing the requirement to position the ship back to the Far East and India (where most of the crews come from) every 4-6 months.
So just when I thought I had a good feel for where ships are likely to head to someone has gone and changed the rules!

Thank you very much. Very interesting.

Reactions: Edward Mango

If it helps (and I'm probably going to get lynched here!) but Titus is a Volvo/Polestar shipment. Tesla put the price of the Model Y up, it pretty much ruled it out as my next company car so I was sort of forced to join the 'dark side' hence I have done a load of research into Polestar shipping. If its a Wallenius boat out of Shanghai, its 90% a Volvo/Polestar boat.

Right, I'm running away now!

If it helps (and I'm probably going to get lynched here!) but Titus is a Volvo/Polestar shipment. Tesla put the price of the Model Y up, it pretty much ruled it out as my next company car so I was sort of forced to join the 'dark side' hence I have done a load of research into Polestar shipping. If its a Wallenius boat out of Shanghai, its 90% a Volvo/Polestar boat.

Right, I'm running away now!
Thankfully I think Titus was ruled out by the hierarchy of the group a few weeks ago. I considered the Polestar and XC40 but the Mrs vetoed me

• Disagree
Reactions: James7C2
@James7C2 is there a particular reason why you’re going around downvoting everyone’s posts?

Looking at them they’re usually on posts not related to shipping.

It’s amazing how often people say they’ve been following the thread for weeks and yet fail to see any of the requests about keeping the thread on track and ask about their order, or they ask a question which Mr M covers every day in his update. It’s a grey area at times what’s shopping or might be useful to shipping, but I probably move about 2 pages of posts a day at the moment from this thread.

@James7C2 is there a particular reason why you’re going around downvoting everyone’s posts?
As George has just noted, it’s ones that are cluttering up the shipping news. Which I appreciate my reply is now doing just that. How many times does the thread have to get locked because people post non-shipping news in here. Use the other threads for whatever waffle you have, and leave this clear for Mr M and actual shipping news 🙄

Last edited:
Is there something odd happening at the Shanghai docks? GLOVIS SUN has been there for over a day and her draught is only 8.1m.

Seems like there's something else going on to me since all the GLOVIS's have been there for longer than normal

1661181051613.png

There’s always a report button you could use that actually serves a purpose by flagging said posts to mods 🙄
He’s one of the many that does report,

Maybe just see it as a hint to others that the thread is (or might be) going off topic and reflect on whether the next post you’re about to make is adding to the problem or not. It can take me several hours to get to any reports which often means it’s 4 or 5 posts to move and not 1.

Mods aren’t sitting here 24x7 waiting.

Right… now back to shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.