Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like Irish Tesla's could arrive into Dublin Port just before midnight on the 28/8 on board Schelde Highway. Teslas have arrived from Zeebrugge on this ship in the past so it's a strong contender.

1661327850804.png

Just a very quick update.

GLOVIS COMPANION is alive and well, it's just our tracker has some sort of black hole around Suez. She is heading to Southampton and should arrive around 01 Sep (31 Aug if she gets a wiggle on).

GLOVIS SUN will head slowly to the east of Taiwan on her way to Singapore (refuel). This is because the bad weather I mentioned the other day has now developed into a Tropical Storm and is presently sitting between the Phillipines and Hong Kong. She will want that storm to move off closer to Hong Kong before passing through the area. I wouldn't be too surprised if she remains close to the coast of the Phillipines initially. I don't think the storm will develop into a Typhoon because of the short sea track remaining and looking at its peak recorded wind speeds it's a pretty constant 60mph.

GLOVIS COURAGE is lurking impatiently off the coast and looks like she will replace GLOVIS CRYSTAL at Shanghai South.

I note what Franco has said about shipping continuing into the next quarter however I just don't buy it. Whilst I agree Elon stated he would get rid of the end-of-quarter frenzy he has already succeeded in doing this at a stroke in the USA by making all exports eminate from China. Getting Berlin up-to-speed will sort out Europe to a large degree too which will have a knock-on effect in China by smoothing sales out over the quarter there too. As far as the UK is concerned MIG MY will have a smoothing effect but M3 will still suffer from the end-of-quarter rush. When MS/MX start shipping from Fremont you can be pretty sure they will not be at sea at quarter end.

More later.....

GLOVIS COMPANION is alive and well, it's just our tracker has some sort of black hole around Suez. She is heading to Southampton and should arrive around 01 Sep (31 Aug if she gets a wiggle on).

GLOVIS SUN will head slowly to the east of Taiwan on her way to Singapore (refuel). This is because the bad weather I mentioned the other day has now developed into a Tropical Storm and is presently sitting between the Phillipines and Hong Kong. She will want that storm to move off closer to Hong Kong before passing through the area. I wouldn't be too surprised if she remains close to the coast of the Phillipines initially. I don't think the storm will develop into a Typhoon because of the short sea track remaining and looking at its peak recorded wind speeds it's a pretty constant 60mph.

GLOVIS COURAGE is lurking impatiently off the coast and looks like she will replace GLOVIS CRYSTAL at Shanghai South.

I note what Franco has said about shipping continuing into the next quarter however I just don't buy it. Whilst I agree Elon stated he would get rid of the end-of-quarter frenzy he has already succeeded in doing this at a stroke in the USA by making all exports eminate from China. Getting Berlin up-to-speed will sort out Europe to a large degree too which will have a knock-on effect in China by smoothing sales out over the quarter there too. As far as the UK is concerned MIG MY will have a smoothing effect but M3 will still suffer from the end-of-quarter rush. When MS/MX start shipping from Fremont you can be pretty sure they will not be at sea at quarter end.

More later.....
What do you think GLOVIS COURAGE will be the last ship to Koper?

More later.....
Vessel finder has Glovis Companion due on 31st August. She is in ‘get a wiggle on’ mode!

Reactions: WW7490 and JOL1

More later.....
I suppose the other way of looking at it is that now that Tesla must have a production rate of over 2m units a year, there must come a point when the relative impact on quarterly results, in percentage terms, of having 10-15k of cars at sea over quarter end is irrelevant.

For those of us tracking Glovis Sunrise, here are some ETA + workings:
Due in Singapore tomorrow: 25-Aug
Suez 12 days later: 6-Sept
Southampton 7 days later: 13-Sept

Which aligns nicely with my EDD 14-28 Sept. So it can’t possibly be wrong 😂

Workings:
Challenge left Singapore yesterday with a journey to Suez currently estimated at 11 days.
Companion is about to exit Suez and is estimated into Southampton in 7 days.

Caveats - let’s see if she stays a bit longer at Singapore to offload any RHD.
Disclaimer - I have no idea what I’m talking about. Not financial advice. Past performance does not indicate future performance.

For those of us tracking Glovis Sunrise, here are some ETA + workings:
Due in Singapore tomorrow: 25-Aug
Suez 12 days later: 6-Sept
Southampton 7 days later: 13-Sept

Which aligns nicely with my EDD 14-28 Sept. So it can’t possibly be wrong 😂

Workings:
Challenge left Singapore yesterday with a journey to Suez currently estimated at 11 days.
Companion is about to exit Suez and is estimated into Southampton in 7 days.

Caveats - let’s see if she stays a bit longer at Singapore to offload any RHD.
Disclaimer - I have no idea what I’m talking about. Not financial advice. Past performance does not indicate future performance.
I'm equally convinced mine is on Challenge - more wiggle room on the early part of the date range :)

Wednesday 24 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is not a Tesla charter but she is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!

RCC ANTWERP will arrive in Koper tomorrow with 4052 MY on board. Whether this will be her only stop we don't yet know but I expect it to be.

GLOVIS COMPANION is now in the Mediterranean heading for Southampton where she is aiming to arrive on 31 Aug. She is loaded with primarily MY.

ASIAN VISION
is enroute to Port Kembla, Australia with an ETA there of 26 Aug. After that she should head on down to Melbourne.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is transiting the Straits of Malacca bound for Barcelona where she is due to arrive on 09 Sep. From the VIN activity it looks like she then might head to Southampton.

GLOVIS SUNRISE, a bigger ship than GLOVIS CHALLENGE, departed Shanghai South for Singapore (refuel stop) . We don't yet know her destination but it is likely to be Zeebrugge, perhaps via Southampton.

PAGANELLA Is bound for Brisbane (03 Sep), Port Kembla (09 Sep) and Melbourne (13 Sep) and I expect her drop Teslas off at each port.

GLOVIS SUN is currently passing to the east of Taiwan. She has Tropical Storm Ma-On lying across her path. The storm has peak windspeeds of 65mph and does not appear to be strengthening. It looks like the storm will now pass to the south of Hong Kong. The next 24hrs will see rough seas, strong headwinds and poor visibility in driving rain for GLOVIS SUN but as long as she stays as far east as she can she will miss the worst of the weather. The expectation is that she is heading to the UK. If so, I would estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 18 Sep.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL is currently loading at Shanghai South.

Offshore GLOVIS COURAGE appears to be waiting impatiently to load at Shanghai South.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.

Still no movement from GLOVIS CRYSTAL from what I can see this morning. After Mr M mentioned the cut off for a ship making it to the UK by the end of the quarter is 24th August (yesterday), does this mean GLOVIS CRYSTAL is a lost cause for Q3 deliveries and the late September EDDs?

My guess is GLOVIS SUN. It's hard to tell for sure but her departure coincides with other RHD shipments to Australia and Singapore.
Is that not a bit too early for GLOVIS SUN? She was still in dock loading when the VINs were issued.

I think the consensus was that the VINs came from GLOVIS SUNRISE. (This is going to get confusing 😂 All we need now is a GLOVIS SUNSET!)

Wednesday 24 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is not a Tesla charter but she is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!

RCC ANTWERP will arrive in Koper tomorrow with 4052 MY on board. Whether this will be her only stop we don't yet know but I expect it to be.

GLOVIS COMPANION is now in the Mediterranean heading for Southampton where she is aiming to arrive on 31 Aug. She is loaded with primarily MY.

ASIAN VISION is enroute to Port Kembla, Australia with an ETA there of 26 Aug. After that she should head on down to Melbourne.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is transiting the Straits of Malacca bound for Barcelona where she is due to arrive on 09 Sep. From the VIN activity it looks like she then might head to Southampton.

GLOVIS SUNRISE, a bigger ship than GLOVIS CHALLENGE, departed Shanghai South for Singapore (refuel stop) . We don't yet know her destination but it is likely to be Zeebrugge, perhaps via Southampton.

PAGANELLA Is bound for Brisbane (03 Sep), Port Kembla (09 Sep) and Melbourne (13 Sep) and I expect her drop Teslas off at each port.

GLOVIS SUN is currently passing to the east of Taiwan. She has Tropical Storm Ma-On lying across her path. The storm has peak windspeeds of 65mph and does not appear to be strengthening. It looks like the storm will now pass to the south of Hong Kong. The next 24hrs will see rough seas, strong headwinds and poor visibility in driving rain for GLOVIS SUN but as long as she stays as far east as she can she will miss the worst of the weather. The expectation is that she is heading to the UK. If so, I would estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 18 Sep.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL is currently loading at Shanghai South.

Offshore GLOVIS COURAGE appears to be waiting impatiently to load at Shanghai South.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.

@Mr Miserable Found a schedule that has GLOVIS SUN due at Zeebrugge on the 15th September but doesn't have a stop at Southampton. I hope this helps.

1661418450394.png

Status
Not open for further replies.