Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, thank you Mr M for this wonderful insight.

What are the criteria's to get on your watchlist?
For instance, looking at MarineTraffic I found an interesting vessel: MEDITERRANEAN SEA departed SHG 25-09 and ETA ZEE 26-10. Could she be carrying MY/M3?

Imagine the crushing disappointment if it turns out it's not going to have all our cars on it.

My EDD is still showing 14-30th Nov, and if the RCC Amsterdam is the UK ship, then it feels possible it might just scrape the end of the EDD window, but feels like its already missed the first week or so.

If the Amsterdam is the dream boat we have been waiting for, I suspect a lot of UK order holders will start finding hidden vins in the next few days?
The ship itself will take a couple days to load. Once it sets sail - it will take a further 25 days to get to Southampton.

So it’s likely it’s around end of November.

First of all, thank you Mr M for this wonderful insight.

What are the criteria's to get on your watchlist?
For instance, looking at MarineTraffic I found an interesting vessel: MEDITERRANEAN SEA departed SHG 25-09 and ETA ZEE 26-10. Could she be carrying MY/M3?
MEDITERRANEAN SEA has been the subject of some debate on this thread due primarily to some EDDs on Scandinavian accounts that don't fit with known ships. I suspect the EDDs are incorrect. In one case I determined from the VIN that it was likely to have been produced after the ship had departed Shanghai and that GLOVIS SUPREME was more likely to be the ship of interest despite the need to transport the car from Barcelona to Norway. Nevertheless she remains a suspect until all those EDDs move to the right, which I suspect they will.
There is also an alternative view that GLOVIS SUPREME may head elsewhere (Norway) after unloading in Barcelona. I don't think this is likely.

Hello,

First time poster here. Granted this is not strictly shipping news but I have a MYLR UK order with a now 'sticky' EDD for 14/11 - 30/11. Today I've just received a trade-in evaluation which I am sure does start to join together some of the possibilities above.

No hidden VIN yet (as expected)

Thanks for all of the usual information!

Time for an update!

Summary: Wednesday 19 Oct

Do we have an UK ship at last?

GLOVIS SUPREME ETA Barcelona 25 Oct
HOEGH COPENHAGEN ETA Zeebrugge on 05 Nov.
DENEB LEADER ETA Jebel Ali Dubai ~ 22 Oct (although not showing on the Jebel Ali arrivals board)

All the above ships are not 'Tesla' ships in the true sense, in that they have not been chartered by Tesla - they are just being used by Tesla to move some cars.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Koper 30 Oct She is a Tesla charter and has 5000 Teslas onboard (724 MY, 4276 M3)
VIKING QUEEN is a Tesla charter and has arrived off Singapore. She has anchored in an area which would suggest she is waiting for a berth there, rather than it being a standard bunkering stop. We still don't know her final destination....
Update at 18:00 : she is now refuelling.

GRANDE ABIDJAN has now departed Shanghai South for Singapore (25 Oct). I am a bit puzzled by this ship (she's not big enough for a normal Tesla shipment) and so she may not be on Tesla business. We shall see what happens in Singapore...
RCC AMSTERDAM has now arrived at Shanghai South and I believe that she is a Tesla ship and hopefully our long awaited UK vessel. Let's hope WuWa does the business and videos the loading! If she is our UK ship I estimate an arrival in Southampton around 16 Nov.
RCC EUROPE is currently mid-Pacific and enroute to Shanghai South (still 2000 NM to go!) and I reckon she could arrive on Monday 24th.

GRAND RACE is enroute from Pier 80 to Pyeongtaek, S Korea ETA 28 Oct. She should then continue on to Taiwan.
I have yet to identify the ship that is due to arrive at Pier 80 this week, there are a quite a few to choose from......

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.
The ship's positions are updated every few minutes via satellite. As I pointed out earlier GRANDE CALIFORNIA's destination is actually Suez but the mapping software uses whatever the ship is transmitting as its destination which in this case is Shantou and is clearly incorrect. Blame the ship!

Last edited:
Time for an update!

Summary: Wednesday 19 Oct

Do we have an UK ship at last?

GLOVIS SUPREME ETA Barcelona 25 Oct
HOEGH COPENHAGEN ETA Zeebrugge on 05 Nov.
DENEB LEADER ETA Jebel Ali Dubai ~ 22 Oct (although not showing on the Jebel Ali arrivals board)

All the above ships are not 'Tesla' ships in the true sense, in that they have not been chartered by Tesla - they are just being used by Tesla to move some cars.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Koper 30 Oct She is a Tesla charter and has 5000 Teslas onboard (724 MY, 4276 M3)
VIKING QUEEN is a Tesla charter and has arrived off Singapore. She has anchored in an area which would suggest she is waiting for a berth there, rather than it being a standard bunkering stop. We still don't know her final destination....

GRANDE ABIDJAN has now departed Shanghai South for Singapore (25 Oct). I am a bit puzzled by this ship (she's not big enough for a normal Tesla shipment) and so she may not be on Tesla business. We shall see what happens in Singapore...
RCC AMSTERDAM has now arrived at Shanghai South and I believe that she is a Tesla ship and hopefully our long awaited UK vessel. Let's hope WuWa does the business and videos the loading! If she is our UK ship I estimate an arrival in Southampton around 16 Nov.
RCC EUROPE is currently mid-Pacific and enroute to Shanghai South (still 2000 NM to go!) and I reckon she could arrive on Monday 24th.

GRAND RACE is enroute from Pier 80 to Pyeongtaek, S Korea ETA 28 Oct. She should then continue on to Taiwan.
I have yet to identify the ship that is due to arrive at Pier 80 this week, there are a quite a few to choose from......

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.
The ship's positions are updated every few minutes via satellite. As I pointed out earlier GRANDE CALIFORNIA's destination is actually Suez but the mapping software uses whatever the ship is transmitting as its destination which in this case is Shantou and is clearly incorrect. Blame the ship!
Surely with the vast amounts of RHD cars visible in WuWas last video and a lot of UK orders with an EDD for mid November, we must stand a very good chance with RCC Amsterdam?

Reactions: dajw2793
Thats worrying, when did you order? You should ring them, they are good on the phone. Please let us know what the outcome is. Every time I look at my EDD im bracing myself for bad news 🤣
I’ve just given them a call, she tried her best to be helpful but there was nothing she could tell me. She said it’s probably been put back to December - February but she’s put a note on the system saying im happy for delivery ASAP. That’s put my hope of getting it before Xmas through the floor. I defo haven’t been given a VIN yet either

I posted a comment on one of WuWa videos a few days ago, and I just got this mysterious reply from someone else...

1666196863983.png

Reactions: AndyWarrington
I’ve just given them a call, she tried her best to be helpful but there was nothing she could tell me. She said it’s probably been put back to December - February but she’s put a note on the system saying im happy for delivery ASAP. That’s put my hope of getting it before Xmas through the floor. I defo haven’t been given a VIN yet either
That must be really crap news to get, mine is holding steady 14-30Nov but im terrified its going to change. What spec did you order and when did you order? Please do let us know if anything changes

That must be really crap news to get, mine is holding steady 14-30Nov but im terrified its going to change. What spec did you order and when did you order? Please do let us know if anything changes
I ordered the 8th of September and it’s a rear wheel drive Y in white with black interior and 20’s. I was hoping it would be soon when it held steady at 22nov - 8dec for a fortnight. It still says on the website delivery is November December which is disappointing. Hopefully yours is soon 👍🏻

I recommend using the 'chat' facility on your account. Those folk seem to have better access to the info required.

Reactions: Russty
I ordered the 8th of September and it’s a rear wheel drive Y in white with black interior and 20’s. I was hoping it would be soon when it held steady at 22nov - 8dec for a fortnight. It still says on the website delivery is November December which is disappointing. Hopefully yours is soon 👍🏻
Ah RWD. That is probably something to do with it? They only just started making those, right? Mine is an AWD in a popular colour, black interior. I did go for the fancy wheels though so hopefully they have lots of those stacked up 🤣

Reactions: Russty
Status
Not open for further replies.