Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GLOVIS SUN has now departed Shanghai South and is heading to Singapore for a refuel. We still don't know whether she is EU or UK bound at the moment. A VIN shower or WuWa loading video may clarify the situation in the next few days. I'll give my approximate ETAs for the various possible destination ports in tonights daily summary. I am surprised however that a big ship like this only spent 24 hrs or so alongside - I estimate she can have only loaded 2000 - 2500 cars.

UPDATE: Having seen the latest WuWa video, I'm satisfied that this is an EU shipment.

Meanwhile, GRANDE HALIFAX appears to me to be heading for Shanghai South.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jawbone
RCC Europe still has her AIS off. Hopefully the Pirates of the Mediterranean haven't got her! :eek:
She is transmitting her AIS signal, it's just that our map is not displaying it for some reason. It's being investigated.
She is currently about 150 NM ESE of Sicily on course for the Straits of Gibraltar and maintaining a brisk 18kts.

Reactions: rowedav
Mod note: I've created a thread on Vin dates, build orders, and model years here, so we can try and keep shipping on shipping. There does seem to be some odd ball things with build dates, vins and years and what you might intuitively expect.

Summary: Tuesday 15 Nov

GLOVIS SUMMIT Arrived in Southampton's Western Docks in the small hours of this morning.
GRANDE ABIDJAN Revised ETA Southampton 19:30 17 Nov. She's taking a scenic route around the lumpy Bay of Biscay at the moment.
HYPERION RAY ETA Barcelona 17 Nov.
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 25 Nov. She is now in the Med and is routing direct to Zeebrugge. She can take it easy and save some fuel.
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 21 Nov. As I predicted she is way ahead of schedule (3 days!) If nothing else, this should make the competition results pretty interesting! (Nobody has chosen the Southampton square (P0 24)) I also don't know why she isn't appearing on the map. She is currently about 50 NM SW of Crete and making 19kts, which is fast.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas. According to her schedule she should route direct to Zeebrugge from Suez.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many I suspect. It looks like she will make a stop in Tarragona, Spain on 27 Nov. This stop won't be Tesla related.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 04 Dec. She can make it to Southampton by the 4th Dec but she will need to race to Suez, which she is doing!
TOKYO CAR ETA Zeebrugge 12 Dec. Recent VIN shower seems to confirm her as a likely Tesla carrier.
G POSEIDON has departed Shangai South enroute to Singapore for a refuel. She is a big ship (5000+ cars) and she is not hanging around. Destination will be EU, probably Koper (07 Dec), Barcelona (08 Dec) or Zeebrugge (10 Dec). Those dates may come left a day or 2 if she continues at her present rate. The current rumour is that she is heading to Zeebrugge.
GLOVIS SUN is currently loading at Shanghai South. Hopefully we may get a WuWa video of the loading to determine whether she is UK or EU bound.
I'm watching GRANDE HALIFAX at the moment. She was heading to S Korea but briefly dropped anchor off the Korean coast and then did a 180 and is presently doing 18kts enroute to Shanghai. She has a Tesla odour.

MSC IMMACOLATA turned out to be a big disappointment because she departed Pier 80 to Shanghai after the briefest of stays. Our San Francisco dogwalker wasn't expecting this ship and he didn't manage to get to the docks before she departed. There is no activity at Pier 80 at present.

The hunt for the S/X shipments continues. The timings and lack of activity at Pier 80 are such that we must now assume that they will be shipped from the US eastern seaboard. Newark and Philadelphia have been used by Tesla in the past.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.
@Mr Miserable - A lot of the G Poseidon VINs landed in France yesterday. How likely would you think that this ship may do multiple stops and come to zeebrugge also?

@Mr Miserable - A lot of the G Poseidon VINs landed in France yesterday. How likely would you think that this ship may do multiple stops and come to zeebrugge also?
Multiple French TAs confirmed G POSEIDON would unload in Zeebrugge

It is a mystery to me how G POSEIDON, with an additional stop to refuel in Singapore, would arrive before TOKYO CAR in Zeebrugge
Will it maintain those 2/3 kts difference in average speed ?

Reactions: Mr Miserable
I'm being swayed to the fact that she is probably heading direct for Zeebrugge. There is a schedule out there that has her in Zeebrugge on 13 Dec and its now difficult to assess whether this has influenced 'the fact' that she is heading to Zeebrugge.
According to my calcs she could make it to Zeebrugge for 10 Dec. This might imply that she is stopping elsewhere before Zeebrugge but I suspect that date of 13 Dec for Zeebrugge will be a departure date in which case an arrival on 10 Dec is entirely realistic.
So in summary, yes, I agree that she is likely to be heading for Zeebrugge and I reckon around 10 Dec or 11 Dec.

Reactions: AGNL
And if you take a look at this car 01:51 you will see driver entering on left side

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    384.3 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: Jawbone
My MYP text came through today, earliest I can collect from is Dec 13th in Bristol. Not sure what that translates to in terms of shipping info, but thought it might be useful to someone. The original window was 2-17 December.

Apologies if this has been covered before but do the cars get shipped according to VIN #. I recently got my VIN but it appears to be an earlier VIN to most that have been released in the last few weeks. I’m wondering if that means it’s on an earlier ship like Summit or Europe. VIN is 9PC543 and it has USS.
I had C544xxx and mine was on Glovis Safety - I think they are built in batches - ship scheduling is separate as mine had a build date of 02-10. I have asked to be unmatched and will wait for for later in new year without USS - hope that helps 👍

Reactions: BatmanDavie
Status
Not open for further replies.