Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Y has a bunch of issues: cameras, cruise control, lane keeping.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting messages that different cameras are obscured at different times. When cruise control is on wipers are on automatic, without choice, wipers activate randomly raining or not. I’ve rebooted 3 times. Any suggestions other than wait on a service call? 3000 miles gripping the wheel to keep it from doing whatever it decides to do next.

Sun on front camera will also trigger dry swiping of the wipers. Along with a number of other unknowns (I'm not happy with but can understand them swiping randomly when TeslaCam is in use (AP, EAP, or FSDb) but when parked, in camp mode? Not necessary although someone else mentioned it is the latest feature, Mosquito Swatting.

I'm getting messages that different cameras are obscured at different times. When cruise control is on wipers are on automatic, without choice, wipers activate randomly raining or not. I’ve rebooted 3 times. Any suggestions other than wait on a service call? 3000 miles gripping the wheel to keep it from doing whatever it decides to do next.
As I noted in my post, Tesla states this is a ‘known firmware issue’ that needs to be corrected by their engineers. My cruise control turns wipers on and they can’t be shut off unless cruise control is disengaged. Other times turns on spontaneously, EXCEPT when it’s raining. Then they sit there like they’re non-functional. Totally unsafe and unacceptable.My 2018 Model 3 had NO issues with this at all.