Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look, if you can’t read the screen (I don’t mean presbyopia, I mean not being able to distinguish between items of moderate contrast) then maybe you shouldn’t be driving.
But we are precisely talking about age-related loss of accommodation here, a.k.a presbyopia. I take it you're too young to have first hand experience of it?

If you are not able to focus on close objects, then you basically have three options:

1. Move the object further away, so you can focus on it (impractical in this case)
2. Wear glasses - which would have to be bifocal or varifocal to avoid interfering with your ability to see the road, or
3. Accept that the screen will be slightly out of focus, but make other accommodations to maximise readability, such as larger text and high contrast text, so that you can easily read the text despite the fact that it's slightly out-of-focus.

For most people, option 3 is preferable - unless the condition is severe enough to make option 2 unavoidable, I guess.

EDIT: Actually, for completeness, there's a 4th option, also largely impractical in this case: ensure that you're in a bright enough environment that your pupils are constricted, as this aids in focusing.

But we are precisely talking about age-related loss of accommodation here, a.k.a presbyopia. I take it you're too young to have first hand experience of it?

If you are not able to focus on close objects, then you basically have three options:

1. Move the object further away, so you can focus on it (impractical in this case)
2. Wear glasses - which would have to be bifocal or varifocal to avoid interfering with your ability to see the road, or
3. Accept that the screen will be slightly out of focus, but make other accommodations to maximise readability, such as larger text and high contrast text, so that you can easily read the text despite the fact that it's slightly out-of-focus.

For most people, option 3 is preferable - unless the condition is severe enough to make option 2 unavoidable, I guess.

EDIT: Actually, for completeness, there's a 4th option, also largely impractical in this case: ensure that you're in a bright enough environment that your pupils are constricted, as this aids in focusing.
Who said that???

The key improvement is not in the release note:
4C502FF5-B488-4826-8F0A-B93E1F8F3F8D.png

12.1 Being pushed now. Who will be the UK first...

Excited for the steering wheel controls & phone pick-up / hang-up.. long requested feature.
Installed it on my legacy MX this morning after it landed overnight. Nothing of any interest for us legacy guys (minor fixes, controls search, points of interest improvements, voice recognition improvements). Maybe you folk with newer 3’s and Y’s may get more interesting stuff!!

I got this morning on my MY.

Had a quick play with the scroll wheel functionality which is nice. But would like to be able to deselect options that are shown which doesn't seem possible (seems you can have all, or one).

Haven't tried the wiper thing above yet.

Didn't like the large text size so switched it back!

Zoom is in the release notes as well but haven't checked that yet