Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Normal to see the number plate like this?...
20230609_214933.jpg

Like I said could just be my dumb brain suddenly thinking this is new.

OK figured out how to look at saved footage. No idea I had stuff saved, or how, but apparently I do. Hmm reverse cam view in that is significantly wider still! Now that's interesting - that shows there is indeed some cropping going on for the reverse gear driving display. Only question is did they change the crop recently and that's what I noticed, or was it always the same. Just could swear I could never see my plate like that nor the piece of boot lid in the top corners.

Reactions: Cardo
This is raw footage from nearly 4 years back - before you could see camera output directly from within the car. Might be different from any in car view that crops to image to fit in a space on screen. But the info has always been there irrespective of whether it’s been cropped for in car viewing.

NB black bars top and bottom are from cropping screen grab and not part of the image.

1686370212603.png

Hi, since I upgraded to 2023.12.10 the navigation tile that appears when you switch to a different app with navigation set, has gone. I can't find a setting to get I back. It's the same on 2023.12.11. Am I missing a setting, and has anyone else noticed this?

I am on 2023.12.9.1 and the navigation tile seems to be the main background now, so that at the top the symbols and info is overlaid over the top of the map which is still moving underneath, and when the radio tile is selected the map still moves below the top information strip. I thought the top was always above the map in prior versions?

Did the update that brought the left wheel customisation also add the wiper speed change on the left wheel? I remember complaining it wasn’t on the list of things on that menu but apparently if you press the wiper button you can use the left right on the left wheel to change between auto/speeds. I never noticed until I just saw it mentioned in a video

If true that I think is my only missing physical button functioned covered off

I've been playing around with TACC only a bit to see what the car would do near junctions.

I'm finding it quite reliably reduces to dead slow at junctions and roundabouts. Anyone else seen the same?
Seems to depend on the roundabout for me. For a long time it's reliably pulled off the M1 (EAP), reverted to standard Autopilot, and slowed to a halt for the roundabout at the end. It's not subtle about slowing down for other things and a lot of the time seems to be linked to reaching the limit of steering authority and stamping on the brakes.

I've been playing around with TACC only a bit to see what the car would do near junctions.

I'm finding it quite reliably reduces to dead slow at junctions and roundabouts. Anyone else seen the same?

Do you have basic autopilot or either of EAP or FSD?

Is this on regular roads or just when exiting up an off ramp/slip road.

Seems to depend on the roundabout for me. For a long time it's reliably pulled off the M1 (EAP), reverted to standard Autopilot, and slowed to a halt for the roundabout at the end. It's not subtle about slowing down for other things and a lot of the time seems to be linked to reaching the limit of steering authority and stamping on the brakes.

When on EAP/FSD’s NoA, this is to be expected in the above situation. It’s part of NoA.

FSD also has (the only feature differentiation vs EAP in UK) stop line control function which when TACC is active, when it comes across traffic lights (incl pedestrian lights), junctions and/or roundabouts, it will prompt you to tap accelerator or stalk to confirm that it is safe proceed otherwise the car will stop, which is meant to be at the stop line but often gets it very wrong stopping either short or overshooting. Add in it also doing same for some overhead motorway gantry lights or lights in tunnels, I’ve turned that feature off.

Would be interesting to know if, like traffic light bong, this has made its way, even in part, to non FSD versions. From experience of false positives at full motorway speeds, there needs to be (as with FSD) the ability to override this auto stop. With FSD, there is a setting to toggle this functionality.

Do you have basic autopilot or either of EAP or FSD?

Is this on regular roads or just when exiting up an off ramp/slip road.

When on EAP/FSD’s NoA, this is to be expected in the above situation. It’s part of NoA.

FSD also has (the only feature differentiation vs EAP in UK) stop line control function which when TACC is active, when it comes across traffic lights (incl pedestrian lights), junctions and/or roundabouts, it will prompt you to tap accelerator or stalk to confirm that it is safe proceed otherwise the car will stop, which is meant to be at the stop line but often gets it very wrong stopping either short or overshooting. Add in it also doing same for some overhead motorway gantry lights or lights in tunnels, I’ve turned that feature off.

Would be interesting to know if, like traffic light bong, this has made its way, even in part, to non FSD versions. From experience of false positives at full motorway speeds, there needs to be (as with FSD) the ability to override this auto stop. With FSD, there is a setting to toggle this functionality.
I have FSD. I have observed the pulling up to a mapped junction with the stopping notification.

This is different - this is at any roundabout or junction markings and comes without a notification.

I have FSD. I have observed the pulling up to a mapped junction with the stopping notification.

This is different - this is at any roundabout or junction markings and comes without a notification.

Have you got stop sign control turned on - sometimes these things seem to toggle themselves for no apparent reason.

Long time since I used it, but if stop sign control is turned on what you are seeing is how it behaves except it would normally give a prompt to confirm if safe to proceed.

Sat-Nav was misbehaving today - when I was about 5 miles from destination the information displayed 5 miles and 8 minutes which didn’t change at any time, even when I arrived. Maps, blue line and navigation instructions were as normal.
Yesterday many occasions when the map tiling was missing- just white background but showing the blue route and navigation again was working ok. These are new bugs to me, I’m on 12.9.

Have you got stop sign control turned on - sometimes these things seem to toggle themselves for no apparent reason.

Long time since I used it, but if stop sign control is turned on what you are seeing is how it behaves except it would normally give a prompt to confirm if safe to proceed.
Nope. No signs and it does it even for the smallest mini-roundabout. Pop it in TACC and see.

Nope. No signs and it does it even for the smallest mini-roundabout. Pop it in TACC and see.
That’s how it always worked for me. Eg it would stop (or slightly overshoot or stop shortt) at end of my road - the only thing it had (in this case) was a standard painted line in the road, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t using that as stopline it drew on visual display had minimal bearing on where car actually stopped. Likewise with other junctions and mini roundabouts - it never needed any physical sign or traffic light.

The only thing it sounds like it’s doing differently is not promoting you to press accelerator or brake to prevent car from stopping - ie safe to proceed.