Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The issue isn’t technical- it’s bureaucratic.

In same way as you can report a pothole to one agency and they tell you it’s not their responsibility so tell you to report it to another who then tell you it’s not their responsibility and refer you back to the former.

The complexity of Teflon shoulders normally prevails.

I’ve dealt with several trying to get as built junction plans and it’s not a trivial matter and I was working on a project for one of them. You kind of think they would have their own interests at heart, but didn’t. In the end we sent our own team to do the job and photocopy hundreds of junction layouts - soft copies were not allowed to leave the location so we had to model our own layouts from scratch.

Last edited:
I was trying to find the best thread to post this but as this seemed to contain chat about dry wiping I thought I’d pick this one. I’m not blaming the software for this tho….

I have all but never seen dry wiping on either of the M3s I’ve had - nor the one I had as courtesy car for a week.

When I filled the car wash yesterday morning I added Autoglym Ultimate Screenwash like usual but didn’t dilute it as much as I normally do (just being lazy) and I’ve had more dry wiping of the screen in the last 24 hours than the previous 2 years. It’s only happened subsequent to proactively using the wipers to clear the screen.

I’m going to add more water now but MAYBE this could be a factor in why cars with the same hardware and software are behaving very differently 🤷‍♂️.

I was trying to find the best thread to post this but as this seemed to contain chat about dry wiping I thought I’d pick this one. I’m not blaming the software for this tho….

I have all but never seen dry wiping on either of the M3s I’ve had - nor the one I had as courtesy car for a week.

When I filled the car wash yesterday morning I added Autoglym Ultimate Screenwash like usual but didn’t dilute it as much as I normally do (just being lazy) and I’ve had more dry wiping of the screen in the last 24 hours than the previous 2 years. It’s only happened subsequent to proactively using the wipers to clear the screen.

I’m going to add more water now but MAYBE this could be a factor in why cars with the same hardware and software are behaving very differently 🤷‍♂️.
Is your car kept in a garage and cleaned regularly ?

The dry wiping is down to marks on the glass, either dirt or other residue, when it happens I stop and clean that glass properly and it stops every time. There could be something about the effectiveness of screenwash at cleaning the windscreen, I know mine certainly doesn't seem very effective and leaves streaks.