Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.26 push stopped?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2022 Model Y AWD w/FSD is currently stuck at 2023.7.20 (w/ FSD Beta 11.4.4). I can't figure out a way (including rebooting the car) to get offered the 2023.26.x update. I am on the frequent updates setting in the car.

I don't actually use the FSD Beta, so I don't care about its version, but I want all the other new stuff that comes along with 2023.26.x.

Is there any way to accelerate getting the 2023.26.x update? Am I getting slowed down by having FSD Beta installed, and, if so, is there a way to "unenroll" from the Beta?

Reactions: unk45
26 doesn't have FSD Beta in it, whereas the more high volume versions have it embedded. So my guess is it's a low volume update to test some things before it gets merged in with the trunk.
2023.26.1 includes Beta 11.3.6

Attachments

• изображение_viber_2023-07-31_17-24-58-783.jpg
    изображение_viber_2023-07-31_17-24-58-783.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 331
  • изображение_viber_2023-07-31_17-24-58-609.jpg
    изображение_viber_2023-07-31_17-24-58-609.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: 3rror
Are you in Russia and able to activate FSD Beta with 2023.26.1, and did you need to do something special to activate it? Or are you using Russian interface in US/Canada?
I am in Russia. It is necessary to install specially prepared navigation data based on maps of 2019 (the version that included navigation data of Russia and Ukraine).
PS The photo is not of my car, I currently have 2023.20.9 FSD Beta 11.3.6.

My 2023 M3SR+ is now charging at half speed when on a mobile charger. It starts at 12A then drop to 6A after about an hour. I spoke with Tesla service about this, and supposedly this is "normal" due to the grid being overwhelmed at my location. I'm not sure I buy that explanation. I asked to rollback to a prior software, but I was told that is not possible. Even a full factory reset would result in going back to 2023.26.1.

Uhg. I just want to charge at more than 2mi/hr.

My 2023 M3SR+ is now charging at half speed when on a mobile charger. It starts at 12A then drop to 6A after about an hour. I spoke with Tesla service about this, and supposedly this is "normal" due to the grid being overwhelmed at my location. I'm not sure I buy that explanation. I asked to rollback to a prior software, but I was told that is not possible. Even a full factory reset would result in going back to 2023.26.1.

Mine slows down due to ambient heat at times, but not because of any grid issues.

Get off of 120V and go to 240V, you will be much happier!

Yeah, grid issues don't make sense. The mobile charger doesn't know anything about the grid being "overwhelmed" and the car doesn't know where the power is coming from so it doesn't really know whether it is on a battery backup, off grid solar, or a specific utility grid.

Question, so what is the voltage showing when you first plug in at the 12A and what is the voltage showing when it drops to 6A? My guess is that your voltage for that outlet is on the edge of acceptable and so it ticks down a bit and the car goes ahead and drops amperage to an acceptable rate for the voltage.

Get off of 120V and go to 240V, you will be much happier!

Yeah, grid issues don't make sense. The mobile charger doesn't know anything about the grid being "overwhelmed" and the car doesn't know where the power is coming from so it doesn't really know whether it is on a battery backup, off grid solar, or a specific utility grid.

Question, so what is the voltage showing when you first plug in at the 12A and what is the voltage showing when it drops to 6A? My guess is that your voltage for that outlet is on the edge of acceptable and so it ticks down a bit and the car goes ahead and drops amperage to an acceptable rate for the voltage.
I'm moving and I was previously quoted $8k to add a dedicated charger (we have to upgrade service and make a very long run to the garage). I'm just going to move first.

I'm moving and I was previously quoted $8k to add a dedicated charger. I'm just going to move first.

All you need is a 240V line run, even if it is only 30A, and then get the appropriate mobile charger adapter. That is 5.7kW charge rate vs the 1.4kW rate you are getting now.

Now I am not saying it won't be expensive, but it won't be $8k expensive. but yes, if you are already about to move, then yes wait till you move to spend any real money on it.

My questions still stand as to your issue...what is the starting voltage as reported by the car, and what is the voltage after the amperage drops? I suspect there will be a voltage drop.

All you need is a 240V line run, even if it is only 30A, and then get the appropriate mobile charger adapter. That is 5.7kW charge rate vs the 1.4kW rate you are getting now.

Now I am not saying it won't be expensive, but it won't be $8k expensive. but yes, if you are already about to move, then yes wait till you move to spend any real money on it.

My questions still stand as to your issue...what is the starting voltage as reported by the car, and what is the voltage after the amperage drops? I suspect there will be a voltage drop.
I'd run out there with my killawatt to figure it out, but my garage door suddenly broke too. Bad luck trying to charge my car the last couple of days.

I seem to be having more key issues after the 2023.26.1 update. It sometimes doesn’t unlock for like 20 seconds. I carry both my phone key and a key fob. Didn’t have any issues like that before. Hopefully that gets fixed.
I've been noticing this too and it has been pretty annoying. Hoping that 2023.26.6 addresses this.