Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same problem for me, 3 reverse cameras black and no visualizations. I thought I had it fixed with a few resets and power down attempts but the problem returned today. All 3 camera views in reverse are black. I didn't drive so I don't know if the visualizations are missing also but I suspect they are. Service Mode shows APS_w134_appMia alert. Also the autopilot screen shows ECU Primary (A) status as INIT. ECU Secondary (B) status is NORMAL. The GNSS status (what ever that is) has two red parameters also. I have a service request in for January 2. Hope this isn't a hardware problem, I'm out of warranty.

Same problem for me, 3 reverse cameras black and no visualizations. I thought I had it fixed with a few resets and power down attempts but the problem returned today. All 3 camera views in reverse are black. I didn't drive so I don't know if the visualizations are missing also but I suspect they are. Service Mode shows APS_w134_appMia alert. Also the autopilot screen shows ECU Primary (A) status as INIT. ECU Secondary (B) status is NORMAL. The GNSS status (what ever that is) has two red parameters also. I have a service request in for January 2. Hope this isn't a hardware problem, I'm out of warranty.
I’m out of warranty too, I’m going to try to argue that they should pay for whatever it costs since it looks like the update broke driver assist function. My appt is on 1/8, hope they release a “fix” before the appt

Reactions: zoomer0056
Took 2022 MSLR, USS no FSD or Autosteer with update 2023.44.30.5.1 out to Costco. No 3D park assist rendering, still just squigly lines. Saw traffic light graphics on nav map. Saw red border blindspot indication. Tried the holiday light show. No problems on anything, over it already.
Another trip yesterday. The traffic signal overlay must be map data. A stop sign graphic showed where a new stop light was put in to replace the stop sign.

While driving to Santa Barbara today in heavy rain, I discovered that my rain sensing wipers no longer work. They are strictly manual wipers now. I put in a service request to Tesla Santa Barbara and they replied that Version 2023.27.7 on my 2019 Model S and 2018 Model 3 LR has a bug that broke the rain sensing system. The only fix is a firmware update. I'm hoping that the "Christmas" update includes the needed fix. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Same here for my 2021 MY. Good thing the wiper button on the directional stalk is right there. I have been wondering if maybe rain is different in Texas and that's why the car can't see the rain here in Ohio.:rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: zroger73
Just a suggestion here. In the latest Tesla app under service you can now ask a question. Maybe put in something like "2023.44.30.5.1 caused several cameras to go black. How fix?" With enough field reports they may push another update. I see a ".6" out not sure what it does.
2023.44.30.6 is for cars with different hardware than cars that received 2023.44.30.5.1.

• Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot
My X got .6 and my 3 got .5.1. My cameras on the 3 started blacking out in the update before this one though, had it into service and they reinstalled the firmware, said it works fine. Worked for about a day or two then started blacking out again. Haven’t driven with this new update yet but invades in these reports I doubt they fixed it.

My X got .6 and my 3 got .5.1. My cameras on the 3 started blacking out in the update before this one though, had it into service and they reinstalled the firmware, said it works fine. Worked for about a day or two then started blacking out again. Haven’t driven with this new update yet but invades in these reports I doubt they fixed it.
FWIW, a friend with a 2021 MY lost several cameras with 2023.44.30.5.1. He recalibrated the cameras and after calibration was complete all cameras returned.

I have some alerts as well, several days after install.

Cameras went blank for about 10 seconds, then I got 20 alerts in a row.

Autopilot ECU is in critical status

Main (triplecam) camera in critical status

Obviously all camera-related features fail to function.

I have an appointment tomorrow. We’ll see if they reinstall software or if they replace parts.

I have some alerts as well, several days after install.

Cameras went blank for about 10 seconds, then I got 20 alerts in a row.

Autopilot ECU is in critical status

Main (triplecam) camera in critical status

Obviously all camera-related features fail to function.

I have an appointment tomorrow. We’ll see if they reinstall software or if they replace parts.
Old car?