Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Buckminster

Aug 29, 2018
UK
Very likely that there will be a major update soon. When?

Either:
  1. Thanksgiving weekend (23rd Nov)
  2. CT event (30th Nov)
  3. Christmas (24th Dec)
What will it contain?
  1. Grok (20% likelihood?)
  2. V12 FSD (20% likelihood) ASS included?
  3. Emergency Starlink comms (20% likelihood)
  4. Games
  5. X app?
  6. ?

Last edited:
Holiday update is around the end of the year.

1. Grok (me Grok [caveman voice]) is no where near ready so probably more like >2% chance
  2. V12 Beta is likely not ready either (Elon would be hyping it if it was) so probably more like >5% chance
  3. Stralink (emergency or any connection) requires added hardware (antenna and receiver) so exactly a 0% chance
  4. Games likely
  5. MySpace app, maybe if its not (hopefully) defunct
  6. Probably a New Light show 🤪

If the past is any predictor (and with Tesla 🤷‍♂️ ), it will be v2023.44.25.x and it will be released around Dec 20 ± 5 days.

Usually there is one or more new games.

Usually there is something silly with a 50/50 chance of the NHTSA telling Tesla to disable it 3 months later.

I'm thinking maybe formal announcement of an app store based on an earlier software update that added a setting for approval of third party apps to access your account data. It's possible that most of the streaming services (Spotify, YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, etc...) eventually get converted to 3rd party apps rather than integrated into the car's OS.

Reactions: SidetrackedSue
Very likely that there will be a major update soon. When?

Either:
  1. Thanksgiving weekend (23rd Nov)
  2. CT event (30th Nov)
  3. Christmas (24th Dec)
What will it contain?
  1. Grok (20% likelihood?)
  2. V12 FSD (20% likelihood) ASS included?
  3. Emergency Starlink comms (20% likelihood)
  4. Games
  5. X app?
  6. ?
A FSDb simulation game from NY to LA, whoever gets there first with the highest safety score wins. There may be curve balls running out at anytime .. Bambi, King Kong, Elon, turn lanes, crazy wipers ... 😁

Holiday update is around the end of the year.

1. Grok (me Grok [caveman voice]) is no where near ready so probably more like >2% chance
  2. V12 Beta is likely not ready either (Elon would be hyping it if it was) so probably more like >5% chance
  3. Stralink (emergency or any connection) requires added hardware (antenna and receiver) so exactly a 0% chance
  4. Games likely
  5. MySpace app, maybe if its not (hopefully) defunct
  6. Probably a New Light show 🤪
I bet 1) is possible - they'd do one of those embedded web pages that they're doing for the other apps. No inference in the car but you can chat with the bot (beta™) while supercharging or something

My wishlist for the holiday update:
  1. Enable ESS H.E.L.P. rapid flashing hazard lights (they recently enabled this post crash, but it would be useful whenever you turn on the hazards).
  2. Enable matrix headlights
  3. CarPlay
  4. Better voice recognition commands (it still can't take "tune to ninety point nine FM")
  5. Add non-Tesla DCFC to navigation system (perhaps, if I turn on a toggle saying I have the CCS1 adapter)

Reactions: gsmith123
Enable ESS H.E.L.P. rapid flashing hazard lights (they recently enabled this post crash, but it would be useful whenever you turn on the hazards).
Lots of bozos in Texas turn on their hazards when it rains. For safety…. Of course then it’s harder to pick out the stalled stranded car vs the one happily driving along with the flashers.

Exciting, would be finally enabling a 360 degree Birds Eye view..they can certainly - NEARLY do it.
You want the holiday update to add another camera and move 2 more?

They provided vector space 360, which is all Elon ever promised, but a true birds eye isn't possible with the lack of front bumper camera and the position of the side cameras.

You want the holiday update to add another camera and move 2 more?

They provided vector space 360, which is all Elon ever promised, but a true birds eye isn't possible with the lack of front bumper camera and the position of the side cameras.
If Tesla truly believes that the car can drive itself nearly anywhere, and not hit or injure small objects in front of the front or rear bumpers, they can implement a 360 Birds Eye View today.

• Funny
Reactions: father_of_6
Stralink (emergency or any connection) requires added hardware (antenna and receiver) so exactly a 0% chance
I'm assuming he means to use the Starlink to cell handset features that SpaceX is working with T-Mobile, and other cellular providers, on. No extra hardware needed. (Maybe e-SIM since they come with an AT&T SIM?)

Reactions: Buckminster