Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed Ashdeman posted in another thread an extra feature, so googled a bit and found….

Custom Lock Sounds
Replace the horn lock sound of your vehicle with another sound—like a screaming goat 🐐

High Fidelity Park Assist
See a 3D reconstruction of your surroundings while parking

IMG_0255.jpeg

This last feature will be “interesting” based on my experience of Vision parking. But is one of the few updates I’m genuinely after and think could be worthwhile.

We've been screaming for Bird's Eye View for years, yet, they keep wanting to develop this 3D visualisation (the same one that constantly believes I've been rear-ended by a semi halfway up my boot when in stationary traffic, while it's actually a bus at least 3 yards behind).

For f* sake, it couldn't have been more complicated to stitch and vectorise 7 the cameras feeds together, than try to render the whole thing in 3D...

I can trust what I see on the cameras, I certainly won't trust a render because you'll never know what the rendering engine has left aside because it couldn't label it (low bollard, kerb painted a different colour, etc...)
It's sad really.

Last edited:
We've been screaming for Bird's Eye View for years, yet, they keep wanting to develop this 3D visualisation (the same one that constantly believes I've been rear-ended by a semi halfway up my boot when in stationary traffic, while it's actually a bus at least 3 yards behind).
Couldnt agree more, another example is whenever I go to my local McDonalds drive through and get to the window to pay it regularly give me warnings as it thinks I am about to crash into a lorry, judging from the visualisation on the screen of a lorry. first time it was funny, it soon gets annoying!

For f* sake, it couldn't have been more complicated to stitch and vectorise 7 the cameras feeds together, than try to render the whole thing in 3D...

I can trust what I see on the cameras, I certainly won't trust a render because you'll never know what the rendering engine has left aside because it couldn't label it (low bollard, kerb painted a different colour, etc...)
It's sad really.
Hopefully it’ll use the newer FSD visualisations, where it remembers things and doesn’t just use the instant image it sees, causing things to jump around and look ridiculous. I guess we’ll know soon enough which way they’ve gone!

Hopefully it’ll use the newer FSD visualisations, where it remembers things and doesn’t just use the instant image it sees, causing things to jump around and look ridiculous. I guess we’ll know soon enough which way they’ve gone!
Well I'm certainly not holding my breath. I have zero expectations for it. So I can only be pleasantly surprised. (and I don't believe it's gonna happen)

• Funny
Reactions: Cardo
That's the "occupancy network", if that was deployed things like TACC and lane keep would also improve, but that would leave Tesla with only a single codebase to hack about with

Reactions: Cardo

It's sad really.
This not possible with the cameras where they are. Cars that have this have cameras all the way round the vehicle aimed mainly at the floor. Teslas have blind spots close in with all the cameras aimed at distance for FSD etc.

You can scream for it all you like but you might as well scream for them to make it fly.

Reactions: Durzel
This not possible with the cameras where they are. Cars that have this have cameras all the way round the vehicle aimed mainly at the floor. Teslas have blind spots close in with all the cameras aimed at distance for FSD etc.

You can scream for it all you like but you might as well scream for them to make it fly.
Nope it can do it with cameras It has.As others have said it’s….
It’s licensing costs folks.

Elon just doesn’t want to pay licensing.

Nissan who originally developed and other copycats license the patents to othercompanies.

Reactions: WllXM
Novelty lock sounds surely will be ghastly, we need an emergency law passing through parliament to remove them from UK type approval if not already covered by our regulations that exclude novelty horns.
I'm obviously too old because I'm just looking forward to changing it to a mild beep rather than a horn. Zero interest in comedy lock sounds. I don't imagine it's going to be configurable so you can turn it off between certain hours of the day (the current one isn't), but here's hoping.