Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m really impressed with the park assist. It’s already near enough spot on from the various tests I’ve done and can imagine it will be further tweaked with updates.

IMG_2953.jpeg

Found this design I didn't find ugly, and is sufficiently low profile to avoid blocking the vents.

Relatively easy install, my biggest gripe was the flat cord In front but you can't see it from the driver seat. Also easy to install and you don't need to take the whole dash apart.
Does look good but I think the interaction whilst driving wouldn't be great 🤔

Wtf are you quoting here!?!? How is this even relevant to horrible camera quality when it is dark,??

Drive rural road at night and you will have "side camera blinded". That's why at night that parking visualization isbworse. Bevause cameras see less.

I wonder how you connect this camera situation and screen colour mode?
Look at my original post.. I said the HFPA looks worse with dark mode enabled.. nothing about the cameras or indeed night time. All the posts online I have seen about the HFPA have been with the light mode and white background, which I don't think looks too bad. My car only updated this morning and is the first time I have seen HFPA with the dark mode, as I have that enabled permanently, and it doesn't look great tbh.
As I have since stated the dark mode of the screen does not require it to be dark outside to be enabled. You put 2 + 2 together, got 5 and tried to be funny but failed miserably.

Reactions: yessuz
Look at my original post.. I said the HFPA looks worse with dark mode enabled.. nothing about the cameras or indeed night time. All the posts online I have seen about the HFPA have been with the light mode and white background, which I don't think looks too bad. My car only updated this morning and is the first time I have seen HFPA with the dark mode, as I have that enabled permanently, and it doesn't look great tbh.
As I have since stated the dark mode of the screen does not require it to be dark outside to be enabled. You put 2 + 2 together, got 5 and tried to be funny but failed miserably.
fair point.

Reactions: asl3312 and Js1977
Found this design I didn't find ugly, and is sufficiently low profile to avoid blocking the vents.

Relatively easy install, my biggest gripe was the flat cord In front but you can't see it from the driver seat. Also easy to install and you don't need to take the whole dash apart.
What is the point of having CarPlay or Android Auto behind the steering wheel? Seems to be like a bit of a nightmare trying to interact with it

What is the point of having CarPlay or Android Auto behind the steering wheel? Seems to be like a bit of a nightmare trying to interact with it
Mostly to display Waze and get notifications. At least that’s my use case.

And you can actually interact with CarPlay through Siri for 90% of the commands, so you don’t need to use the touchscreen.

So. Got a prompt from Autopark to reverse straight into a lamppost an hour ago. Glad to see the engineers are still on point.

On another note 44.30.2 seems to break the fullscreen Theater. Launching Disney/Netflix & al. only brings up the small window on the left.. I hope it’s corrected in .4. But as I just upgraded yesterday I don’t know how long I am going to wait for the incremental…
On the full screen issue - you weren’t sitting with your hazard lights on by any chance?