Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not true, some people would like the idea of the lane change being done for them and would happily pay the extra for it.
From a sales point of view makes no sense…

Why would anyone think “oh yeah, ill pay an extra £1000 (or whatever it is) to do my lane changes by itself”

99% of people would just use the standard autopilot if the features you suggested are added for free…

That’s why there’s obviously more value for money upgrading.

Still question as to why you would pay so much money for something that hasn’t been regulated in the UK. A quick google search shows us it’s completely not worth it, so why people thought buying it was a good idea is beyond me.

A quick google search shows us it’s completely not worth it, so why people thought buying it was a good idea is beyond me.
The value is judged by people differently so a Google search, if it results in what you suggest, is simply opinion. I do think it is overpriced but factored EAP into the total MYLR cost and for the features it adds felt for us it had value. To say it is completely not worth it is a view you are certainly entitled to. But opinions are just that.

But that's not how EAP/EAP works. He's asking for it to automatically disengage and reengage after a lane change, not to carry out the lane change for you as EAP/NOA does.
Sure but what i am saying is that my Tesla is even worse than the basic "If i indicate it will let me change lanes without disengaging"

So Tesla's system is even worse than my bog standard GM was years ago.

I dont need it to actually change lanes for me, i would just like for it to temporarily "disengage" and when it sensed i have changed lanes, it would auto-reengage.

I take your point but if AP automatically re-engaged after a manual lane change and didn’t bong all the freaking time then there’d be virtually no point to EAP.

I’m not defending EAP here, I think AP is artificially hobbled to sell an expensive set of EAP gimmicks, most of which don’t work on models without USS.

But I think while people are buying EAP in order to get the features they (rightly, imo) feel should be part of the AP suite, Tesla are going to keep taking their money.
I totally agree

Right now only 2 of 5 features advertised is working on the USS, Tesla's but the price for this package is still the same.

They lowered the price of the cars ~30% but the crippled package with NOA still cost the same, even if it only has 40% of the features working.

Not true, some people would like the idea of the lane change being done for them and would happily pay the extra for it.
That's fine, but why not make the distingction there.

AP - Manual lanechange, but AP will auto-reengage after it detects you finished moving over into the next lane.

NOA - Automatic lanechanges with the indicator.

I would GLADLY settle for the AP version, but right now it's "Completely disengage AP to change lanes"

I dont need it to actually change lanes for me, i would just like for it to temporarily "disengage" and when it sensed i have changed lanes, it would auto-reengage.
S3XY Buttons provide this feature. They call it "continuous autopilot". If you're driving in autopilot and signal a lane change and then manually change lanes, autosteer gets disabled but TACC remains active. This is normal. The continuous autopilot feature will then automatically re-engage autosteer a few seconds after the lane change. Sweet!

• Informative
Reactions: ACarneiro
S3XY Buttons provide this feature. They call it "continuous autopilot". If you're driving in autopilot and signal a lane change and then manually change lanes, autosteer gets disabled but TACC remains active. This is normal. The continuous autopilot feature will then automatically re-engage autosteer a few seconds after the lane change. Sweet!
But this should not require third party equipment. That's the whole point